• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Suggestions to Vidanta, please add more suggestions to this thread if any

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
It is not safer for :
1 ) the income of Vidanta employees who’s income include tip compensation .

2) lower tip income - would likely impact employee retention -
which ultimately is not good for Vidanta or for guests who are used to Vidanta’s high quality service levels.

Hi vantovidanta ,
I understand your thought process / but here is my take -

In Canada in the last year or so - both Shoppers Drugmart & Walmart Canada have implemented Self Scan - Self Serve checkout options . The implied rational,is that it is quicker . The back story is that it saves the company money by reduced staffing requirements during a period when provincial minimum wages are about 14 C$ per hour / (about $ 10.50 USD).

In the Mexico / Vidanta example - minimum wage is quite low . The best resort service jobs are ones that include tip compensation . I cannot see Vidanta implementing a system that removes the direct interaction between guest and employee regarding presentation of a bill to sign that includes a tip option .
That makes sense. Servers get a little spot to put a tip on the bill. Better yet tip them cash Lol. Then you know they get it for sure. I tip everyone. Bell boys and those that bring your groceries and maids especially

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Next time in NV, try this as a taste test, a glass of chilled tap water vs a glass of melted ice water. The ice machines have a filter in the back of the machines, at least they did last time I checked.
Again, I cannot really taste a difference, but my wife can.
BTW, fizzy water always our choice when in Italy.
Yes I can definitely taste the melted "ice" water in my vodka / coke zero LOL

vantovidanta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
We do as well. The check out person on the night before checking out, asked us if we used the coffee or the water (we had not) and told us they removed the donation "charge" from the bill without asking if we wanted to do that. Surprising, so many must have complained about that.
Here's a miscellaneous item I would like to add for those going to NV. La Plaza has the big bottles (5 liters) of water for 35 pesos. For Vidanta, this is an unexpected bargain, especially when I see people lugging similar large jugs of water along the beach from OXXO.

Yea why drink tap water when a weeks supply drinking water jug is 2 dollars.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I agree with the use of tap water, except, my wife says that she can taste the difference with the tap water. ....
La Plaza has an excellent price on large bottled water jugs.
Good move spending $ 2 / to keep wife happy .

when we visited MP- NV in November - I found La Plaza had good prices on certain items . It tended to skew towards items that Mexican Nationals / and repeat visitors to Mexico - know the prices of at any OXXO . Water - crackers - milk tetra boxes etc.

The bakery has some items that are well worth what they charge :
(chocolate croissants /pain au chocolate* ) in particular .

*Bakery & frozen yogurt booth were not part of Vidanta’s 45th anniversary
promo / $ 450 resort credit . (Too bad - I could have spent half of it there / had they been included .) - LOL

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Flasher42

Reaction score
Can anyone see available 2 bedroom at grand Luxxe Rivera Maya in October 2020?

Suncoast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Vidanta Mayan Palace
Suggestions
RM, our favourite but since the old Bliss units have completed renovations and been rented / sold as DeLuxxe /(Royal-suites)units around Jungala, the capacity for use around the only TWO exclusive pools to serve all Grand Bliss and Luxxe guests is at a all time high. NV has many pools to accommodate the Luxxe towers. More pools are needed in RM. Or at minimum have the Jungala open to Deluxxe guests, for free... they seem to be expanding their contract sales for this level at this location but not using the new pool / water park construction to accommodate the numbers.
I now see the need to limit exchangers access.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Suggestions
RM, our favourite but since the old Bliss units have completed renovations and been rented / sold as DeLuxxe /(Royal-suites)units around Jungala, the capacity for use around the only TWO exclusive pools to serve all Grand Bliss and Luxxe guests is at a all time high. NV has many pools to accommodate the Luxxe towers. More pools are needed in RM. Or at minimum have the Jungala open to Deluxxe guests, for free... they seem to be expanding their contract sales for this level at this location but not using the new pool / water park construction to accommodate the numbers.

When I give up my Marriott’s in Hawaii, Aruba and Singer Island, to exchange into a Vidante property, I do not expect limitations to their amenities. I am staying in a 2 bedroom at the Grand Luxxe in August through Interval International. Vidante has a charge of $630 for resort fees. That is a stiff fee in my eyes. The units re nice, but there is a price to pay for that. However, there are no limitations for Vidante customers at Marriott resorts who are exchanging.

cam13600

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace
Grand Mayam
Suggestions
Are there any Bliss units left at RM?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Are there any Bliss units left at RM?
There are Bliss units at RM located near the lobby for the MP.View attachment 17290

1) Vidanta has existing Bliss owners that (mostly) got there by upgrading from Mayan Palace .
That is the reason the Bliss units / buildings in RM exist . If they eliminate all Bliss units then they either have to upgrade their RTU to Grand Mayan or promo / reward them in some manner .

2) Bliss RM units are listed on RCI for exchanges .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The Bliss units are basically Mayan Palace units with different furniture, a nicer microwave and the under-counter refrigerator. They do not have a deck, just a small balcony. These were basically sold with extra Sea-Pak weeks and newer furnishings. These are only in Riviera Maya. I think there are only 3 buildings.

1581981994957.png