• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pinion Pointe- Here we come!!!!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Still waiting for our Hyatt’s to close(EBay Purchases). Well, of course, Winter Break is week 8 instead of 7, so we weren’t able to exchange our Gold week. Instead I used one of my traders to p/u week 8 at Pinion Pointe 2bdrm via II. Excited because we will get to stay in Sedona, experience some great hiking as well as views, and see family as well. Hopefully in 2022, we will actually stay using our ownership.

gratiem

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Ka'anapali, Hyatt Highlands, Riviera Beach & Spa
Congrats on the getting Week 8 via II!

What's Sedona like in February?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
You'll have a great time. Sedona is just breathtaking, and there are a ton of fun things to do. Here is a brief list of our favorites:

• Hike Oak Creek Canyon on the Midgley Bridge Trail. The views from Midgley Bridge are fantastic, as you can see Oak Creek winding its way toward Sedona.
midgley-bridge.jpg

• Do some Sedona Star Gazing. Sedona is a dedicated Dark Skies City, meaning that town ordinances require low lighting at night. You can take an Evening Sky Tour. Fascinating.
  • Hike the Devil's Bridge Trail, which leads you to a natural bridge with amazing views.
Sedona-Area-Devils_bridge_Sedona_Arizona.jpg

• Have a romantic dinner at the Salt Rock Kitchen, with great views of the Red Rocks.

5298006bcd436114336666bdaf4288da--sedona-arizona-early-morning.jpg

• Take a Pink Jeep Tour into the desert to see ancient cave drawings. Yes, the Pink Jeeps are a gimmick and touristy, but the guides are knowledgeable and the tours are interesting.
sedona_scenic_rim_3hr_search_2.jpg

Have fun!

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
WalnutBaron, thanks for the tips you shared. We will be at Pinon Pointe for three nights in mid-November, so we may check these ideas out.

Best regards.

Mike

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I’ll be there week 50 this year, picked up an Interval Getaway. There may be rain, and snow up on top, but when the sun comes out its great for hikes, 60-70 degrees.

The locals call Tlaquepaque ToLockYourPocket, its pricey but fun to window shop.

We enjoy Javelinas Mexican restaurant just around the corner, and stop by the Hike House for expert advice and maps to the trails.

If you have the Senior National Parks pass it works at the NP trialhead lots instead of paying for parking.

There is a cemetary on the right just after you turn up the road to the airport lookout, a lot of the pioneer families buried there, see if you can find the town namesake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Congrats on the getting Week 8 via II!

What's Sedona like in February?
It can be variable. I've been there in Feb and the daytime highs were in the 60's (felt great) and the nighttime lows were perhaps in the 40's. We had a great time. We're going back next Feb.

They can also get snow, but it usually isn't much and may only last a day or two. But it can make the trails a little muddy. So if that happens Google "Sedona wine tasting rooms". ha ha. For more precise info, you can look at weather data. But keep in mind that the data gives averages and weather can be either better or worse.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@SteelerGal : if you look at the on-line reservation under My History, you'll see the unit that you will most likely be assigned. Pinon Point and some other Hyatts are kind of unique that ii shows you the unit number you'll get. And in 5 out of 5 exchanges that was exactly the one I got. I had tried to negotiate at the front desk for a change and was firmly told "no". Then if you go on-line you can see where you will be put. Most of the time I have been put in a first floor unit. The code is: digit 1 and 2: building number. Middle digit will be a 1 or a 2 indicating the floor you'll be on. the right digit is where in the building you'll be right to left.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
@SteelerGal : if you look at the on-line reservation under My History, you'll see the unit that you will most likely be assigned. Pinon Point and some other Hyatts are kind of unique that ii shows you the unit number you'll get. And in 5 out of 5 exchanges that was exactly the one I got. I had tried to negotiate at the front desk for a change and was firmly told "no". Then if you go on-line you can see where you will be put. Most of the time I have been put in a first floor unit. The code is: digit 1 and 2: building number. Middle digit will be a 1 or a 2 indicating the floor you'll be on. the right digit is where in the building you'll be right to left.
Thanks. I believe we will be in the newer building. Will check out which floor.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is one group of buildings to the far west side, away from the primary enclave of buildings - - I think that is the new section. We have never stayed there but have a res for Feb in unit 1412. It is on the first floor and appears to have little to no view. But we'll still have fun. We've stayed in 1012, 912, 913 which are all first floor and which look into a rocky hillside. Surprisingly it was private and peaceful. The best view that we've ever had was in unit 621, on the second floor. The view was spectacular.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
If you have the Senior National Parks pass it works at the NP trialhead lots instead of paying for parking.

There is a cemetary on the right just after you turn up the road to the airport lookout, a lot of the pioneer families buried there, see if you can find the town namesake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did not know the senior pass worked on trails -- so do you just leave your pass on the dashboard? Will have to go to the cemetery on our next trip. We go almost every year and I did not know these things.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I did not know the senior pass worked on trails -- so do you just leave your pass on the dashboard? Will have to go to the cemetery on our next trip. We go almost every year and I did not know these things.
If you have the chain and jacket which comes with the pass you just hang it on the rearview mirror. If you don't have the chain, yes you would need to put it on the driver's side dashboard where it can be seen.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
If you have the chain and jacket which comes with the pass you just hang it on the rearview mirror. If you don't have the chain, yes you would need to put it on the driver's side dashboard where it can be seen.

Thanks! My next thought is to wonder if are there state trails mixed in with NP trails in the area, or is all of Sedona under a NP designation. The NP pass won't work on state parks.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! My next thought is to wonder if are there state trails mixed in with NP trails in the area, or is all of Sedona under a NP designation. The NP pass won't work on state parks.

Most of the hiking areas required a Red Rock pass. However, we were able to use our Senior Pass for the National Parks (62 and over). See below:

"A Red Rock Pass (or America The Beautiful Interagency Pass, Golden Age or Golden Access) is required when leaving your vehicle unattended while recreating on National Forest land around Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. View the Red Rock Country Map to see locations of fee areas where the Red Rock Pass is required.

The pass must be displayed in the windshield of the vehicle. Vehicles parked on the National Forest in the red rock area that do not display a valid pass in the windshield are subject to receiving a citation. A pass is not required for incidental stopping to take a photograph or to enjoy a scenic vista (approximately 15 minutes or less)."

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Piñon Pointe (eoy odd)
Hilton on the Boulevard (eoy even)
Hilton on the Boulevard (annual)
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge (annual)
There is one group of buildings to the far west side, away from the primary enclave of buildings - - I think that is the new section. We have never stayed there but have a res for Feb in unit 1412. It is on the first floor and appears to have little to no view. But we'll still have fun. We've stayed in 1012, 912, 913 which are all first floor and which look into a rocky hillside. Surprisingly it was private and peaceful. The best view that we've ever had was in unit 621, on the second floor. The view was spectacular.

I'm in the process of buying 623 sight unseen. I assume from your review that we will have a great view too?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I'm in the process of buying 623 sight unseen. I assume from your review that we will have a great view too?

623 looks north across parking lot to the cell tower. There are red rocks behind that in the distance, but I wouldn't say that is a great view. Which week are you buying?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Building 6 is not a good view, in my opinion. As echino has pointed out, it looks across a parking lot to the cell tower. Buildings 1-5 are, in my opinion, the best views on the property, all looking east toward Snoopy Rock. One more tip: do not buy on level 1 in these buildings, because you'll mostly have a view of the parking lot. Levels 2 and 3 are prime real estate, though.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Earlier this year I was in unit 621, a second floor unit. I had a gorgeous view. I entered the building from the parking lot that is located north of the Hyatt complex. So, Echino's comment that they look towards the communication tower applies only if you are looking out the unit entrance door of the master unit or you are staying in the efficiency unit. I kind of recall that the efficiency did face the parking lot. We typically stay in either a 1 or 2 BR unit. But the patio of the master unit faces the south (you can see this from google maps) - - the opposite direction from the parking lot.

The first floor units in the back row (bldgs 6 and 7) don't have much of a view (the master units face the activity center), but the second story master units might. I recall that we were a little higher than the roof of the activity center directly to the south plus we could look to the east over the top of bldgs 3 and 4. So, 623 (a second story unit) might have a nice view. From google maps it appears to be a little higher than the bldgs to the east.

The buildings 1 through 5 may or may not have a nice view. If you're on the second floor you probably have a great view. But if you're on the first floor, I think that you have a poor view. I recall seeing several first floor units that looked directly into a concrete wall shielding them from the parking lot by the shops to the East.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Piñon Pointe (eoy odd)
Hilton on the Boulevard (eoy even)
Hilton on the Boulevard (annual)
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge (annual)
623 looks north across parking lot to the cell tower. There are red rocks behind that in the distance, but I wouldn't say that is a great view. Which week are you buying?
Thanks. The view is not the end of the world. We live on Maui and have a bi-coastal view from our house. It's hard to beat. We are buying week 10 but will likely exchange most years.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
Thanks. The view is not the end of the world. We live on Maui and have a bi-coastal view from our house. It's hard to beat. We are buying week 10 but will likely exchange most years.
As BJRSanDiego stated, the main view for building 6 (view from the living room balcony) doesn't face north. It faces south.

The buildings at Pinon Pointe face in the following directions (living room view):
  • Buildings 1 through 5 face east to southeast
  • Buildings 6 and 7 face south
  • Buildings 8 and 9 face northeast
  • Building 10 faces east
  • Buildings 11 through 14 face southwest
  • Buildings 15 through 18 face southeast
  • Building 19 faces southwest
  • Buildings 20 and 21 face west
The above are rough directions in which the different buildings face.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Just traded in and see the unit assignment under my history in II is 1612- how bad will that be? Will I have any view at all :(?
I know others have posted not having success with room changes, but it never hurts to ask- anyone have an email for rooms control or other contact info.? Thanks

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Just traded in and see the unit assignment under my history in II is 1612- how bad will that be? Will I have any view at all :(?
I know others have posted not having success with room changes, but it never hurts to ask- anyone have an email for rooms control or other contact info.? Thanks
If you own there they will try and change your room. We have had good success both there and at Breckenridge

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

We are staying at the resort and checking out tomorrow. I stopped by that building and walked around the side of it to get an idea of the view for you. It is building 16 on the first floor, unit 2. Hence 1612.

Your view would be across a small gully and into the buildings on the other side. However, I believe you would still be able to see the upper part of the mountain that includes Snoopy Rock. It isn’t the best view, but it isn’t the worst view either. If you can get a unit on the second floor that would be better. One thing to note with this unit is you have to walk down some stairs to get to it from the parking area. There is no alternative route.

No matter what unit you end up with you will have a great time in the area. Beautiful scenery everywhere.

Best regards.

Mike

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
We are staying at the resort and checking out tomorrow. I stopped by that building and walked around the side of it to get an idea of the view for you. It is building 16 on the first floor, unit 2. Hence 1612.

Your view would be across a small gully and into the buildings on the other side. However, I believe you would still be able to see the upper part of the mountain that includes Snoopy Rock. It isn’t the best view, but it isn’t the worst view either. If you can get a unit on the second floor that would be better. One thing to note with this unit is you have to walk down some stairs to get to it from the parking area. There is no alternative route.

No matter what unit you end up with you will have a great time in the area. Beautiful scenery everywhere.

Best regards.

Mike
Thanks for taking the time to look! I feel better knowing it’s not a parking lot or garbage view for sure.
If anyone has a rooms control email or contact I’d appreciate the info- figure it never hurts to try...
Any tips on your favorite things to do/see and/or restaurants, etc.? Tiggers are always a great source for vacation planning.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Glad to help.

The staff in the Activity Center located by the pool was very helpful. She provided a list of hiking options including some detailed handouts. Spend some time at the pool too as the view is amazing.

If you are fans of the Eagles band take a drive out to Winslow to see the “Standing on a Corner” from the song Take It Easy. There is also on of the few remaining Harvey Houses there, which has been converted into a nice hotel. You can eat there or at a casual restaurant down the street. All within walking distance of each other. On the way there or back you can visit the Meteor Crater, which was very interesting to see. There is a fee to enter. We also enjoyed visiting the Walnut Valley National Park and walked down the path to see the Indian ruins on the side of the mountain. Note that there are a lot of stairs, but it was worth the effort.

Other more frequent visitors will be able to share a lot of other ideas too. Have f7n.

Best regards.

Mike

shellmo1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to help.

The staff in the Activity Center located by the pool was very helpful. She provided a list of hiking options including some detailed handouts. Spend some time at the pool too as the view is amazing.

If you are fans of the Eagles band take a drive out to Winslow to see the “Standing on a Corner” from the song Take It Easy. There is also on of the few remaining Harvey Houses there, which has been converted into a nice hotel. You can eat there or at a casual restaurant down the street. All within walking distance of each other. On the way there or back you can visit the Meteor Crater, which was very interesting to see. There is a fee to enter. We also enjoyed visiting the Walnut Valley National Park and walked down the path to see the Indian ruins on the side of the mountain. Note that there are a lot of stairs, but it was worth the effort.

Other more frequent visitors will be able to share a lot of other ideas too. Have f7n.

Best regards.

Mike

Thanks for the tip.. I just traded Villas of Sedona for Hyatt Pinion Point. Hope it was an upgrade! Just looked a the unit number is 1412. So I guess the view will be similar to 1612? Did you feel the unit was up to date? I saw some mixed reviews on Trip advisor concerning that. Thanks! We are going mid April.