• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Horizons a Holiday Inn Club Vacations Deedback information - give your HICV timeshare back

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
best bet is to call and ask.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 3 contracts, all points, fully paid, no mortgage, with the Desert Club in Vegas. I am just learning about this buy-back program and have a few questions:

Can I deed back 2 of these contracts and keep one of them or must I submit all three? My thinking here is that I can maintain affiliation with the club, reduce my MF costs, and continue to use these limited points.
I just paid my 2019 MF. Can I use these points, or more likely, deposit them into IHG for future use?

Thanks to everyone who posted their details, very helpful.
Sandy

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
best bet would be to call or email and ask...all these are likely handled on a case by case basis.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I just received the following letter in the mail:
This letter serves as "NOTICE OF CANCELLATION" of your contract with Orange Lake Country Club, Inc. The Warranty Deed you executed has been recorded and Orange Lake Country Club has released you from your contractual obligations.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact our office.

The process was so easy. One phone call, one notarized paper and now I am free.

Garcia7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Fox River Resort
https://orangelake.com/horizons

Orange Lake has a Horizons Program. These are the people you need to talk to about deed backs. The above link takes you to all the information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do not know how I missed this reply!

I had just called orange lake capital management and explain my situation to them and the representative said they had no way in helping me. Then I come and check the thread and click on the link you gave, they are close now but have left my contact info and situation. I am a bit upset with the fact that the representative did not suggested Horizons to me.

Thank you for pointing this link out!

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
This letter serves as "NOTICE OF CANCELLATION" of your contract with Orange Lake Country Club, Inc. The Warranty Deed you executed has been recorded and Orange Lake Country Club has released you from your contractual obligations.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact our office.

YEA! I also received my letter today. This process was started in August and was a little more complicated for my deed back at Las Vegas Desert Club. I was single when it was purchased and my wife was never on the contract. An additional transfer of her interest to me had to be notarized (they figured this out in October) and they lost the first document we sent. The online record of the transfer of her marital interest to me was recorded in Clark County on December 13th and the final transfer to HICV is still not showing up online in Clark or Orange County.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I do not know how I missed this reply!

I had just called orange lake capital management and explain my situation to them and the representative said they had no way in helping me. Then I come and check the thread and click on the link you gave, they are close now but have left my contact info and situation. I am a bit upset with the fact that the representative did not suggested Horizons to me.

Thank you for pointing this link out!
doesnt surprise us one bit...it is rather common for many of the entry level customer service people to have no knowledge of these programs, and its not just limited to HICV.

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for alerting me (and all of us) to this option to seek a buy-back for our units. After some thought, I have decided that, at least for now, I am going to keep my HICV HIVC points. I really like the IHG option to go to their many hotels, even though I don't use the timeshares as much as when the kids were little. It is good to know that if I need to take this route in the future it might be an option to get out.

Thanks again,
sandy

I have 3 contracts, all points, fully paid, no mortgage, with the Desert Club in Vegas. I am just learning about this buy-back program and have a few questions:

Can I deed back 2 of these contracts and keep one of them or must I submit all three? My thinking here is that I can maintain affiliation with the club, reduce my MF costs, and continue to use these limited points.
I just paid my 2019 MF. Can I use these points, or more likely, deposit them into IHG for future use?

Sandy

Cbehrendt

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
So I emailed (memberservices@orangelake.com) and requested a warranty deed from Orange Lake Resort and received it in the mail within two weeks. I just called them to make sure there were no other hidden fees. She stated "that the paper would state how much we would be required to pay". So according to the deed, they only want $10. This legal terminology is so confusing. "Grantor, for and in consideration of Ten Dollars ($10) and other good and valuable consideration, receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, hereby grants, bargains, sells, aliens, remises, releases, conveys and confirms unto Grantee, all that certain land situate in Orange County, Florida and described as follows:" Am I reading it correctly?
I know it’s been a while, but do you remember if you had to send in $10.00 with the return of the Warranty Deed and who do you write the check to

Thank you

Cbehrendt

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Hi everyone, I got my answer from Orange Lake..

Beezy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday inn vacations
Hey guys I have a question.. what should I do if I want to get out of my timeshare but I’m still paying on my down payment??

Please help

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hey guys I have a question.. what should I do if I want to get out of my timeshare but I’m still paying on my down payment??

Please help
No one has any automatic programs for situations when you are beyond your rescission date (3-15 days depending on state) but haven't paid it off completely.

Your options with HICV are:
1. Pay off the down payment and the rest of the loan and then give it back.
2. Explain your situation and see if they will let you off with what you just paid. No guarantees and your are relying entirely on their mercy because legally you signed a contract and legally they can expect you to complete the terms of the contract and loan.
3. If number 2 gets you no where you can stop paying, knowing that there may be financial or credit hit consequences and you will have lost what you put in so far with no usage.
4. Continue to pay until it is paid off or you can't pay anymore and then start with 2 again.
5. Hire a company to help you get out. This one is usually not recommended because their is usually a fairly high fee and you may or may not end up getting out of the timeshare any quicker or cleaner than if you simply stopped paying and/or even if the company "guarantees" results the guarantee isn't always honored for a host of reasons so you may end up paying another $2000-$6000 upfront and get back to options 1 or 2 again.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hill Country and Piney Shores
No, in my opinion, many timeshare companies have developed outlets to deed back. This stems from the fact that people were either stop paying and awaiting foreclosure which costs them more money or using exit companies which were a hassle.

On a business front, they want to go the cheapest way possible. It would just be too costly to sue all defaults so, in a sense, they are left holding the bag and forced to provide an outlet.

So, in short, I am pretty confident you will get the paperwork.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see a few here on the board who say they were released, and that gives me a smidge of hope. I felt it was worth a try, and am waiting for my paperwork. I was told should have it in 4 to 6 weeks.I was told new annual maintenance fees assess in November, and if I sign and return papers before then, I will not be assessed next year’s fee. I guess I will find out.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scott,
Is your timeshare mortgage paid off, if you don't mind me asking? I am just wondering how hard, or if it's even possible, to get rid of one that you owe on. My husband wants to take out a loan, pay it off, then try to get them to take it back. But, it makes me sick to just throw 12,000 down the drain!! I don't care if they keep what we have already paid, we just want out! I am so mad at myself for getting sucked into this scam!
We would love to know that ourselves. Ours are paid off, and it seems that we will be let out. If you have deeded properties and not solely points, they seem more likely to consider it. They want to eliminate the deeds.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: the warranty deed arrived within a week. It had to be signed and notarized and they provided a prepaid Fedex envelope for its return. I tracked the envelope and called them 10 days later. They told me that they received the deed and sent it out to be recorded. They told me I would not receive a confirmation but I could call in 6 weeks to make sure it went through, and that I do not have to pay the upcoming maintenance charge. So easy!
Thanks for giving us hope.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep in mind that, as with any real estate transaction, there are state, county, and local agencies to deal with, and they all feed off of paperwork and red tape. I went through a similar process with another timeshare a couple years ago, and your story so far sounds very similar to my experience. In the end, we had no problems, it just takes some time. Can’t wait to see how how you make out. We recently a bought a house up near Amelia Island, so we’re currently evaluating our options for our two orange lake units. Best of luck to you.
Horizon personnel told me if the paperwork is signed before November next year’s fees will not be assessed against us. I hope this happens

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE!!!! So I signed and mailed in the paperwork on August 10th, called to check on it September 12th. The lady I spoke to was very nice and told me they packet had been sent to the county records office to call back in about 3 to 4 weeks. She said I would not receive any notification of the transfer and ask if I kept a copy of the paperwork. She said that was my proof of transfer. So today I looked up the Orange County, Florida Comptroller's office and did a deed search. I just put in the date range of 8/10/18 to today and my husbands last and first name in the Grantor field. Sure enough, the search populated a deed recorded on September 28th transferring the property to Orange Lake Country Club Inc. I printed a copy for my records. The whole process was simple and we paid nothing to transfer. Of course, we lost a lot overall but to be out from under the maintenance fees is such a relief.
I hope it is okay to ask where you owned? We own in Texas and will want to do a search when this is all done. Do all properties re-deed back to Florida? Or would we have to search in Texas. We are nice people, but have a hard time trusting after this loss we have and will be taking.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy

I and a friend who called separately are each waiting for our papers were told you could return one, all or none. Each contract processes separately.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE!!!! So I signed and mailed in the paperwork on August 10th, called to check on it September 12th. The lady I spoke to was very nice and told me they packet had been sent to the county records office to call back in about 3 to 4 weeks. She said I would not receive any notification of the transfer and ask if I kept a copy of the paperwork. She said that was my proof of transfer. So today I looked up the Orange County, Florida Comptroller's office and did a deed search. I just put in the date range of 8/10/18 to today and my husbands last and first name in the Grantor field. Sure enough, the search populated a deed recorded on September 28th transferring the property to Orange Lake Country Club Inc. I printed a copy for my records. The whole process was simple and we paid nothing to transfer. Of course, we lost a lot overall but to be out from under the maintenance fees is such a relief.
The saddest part is loosing what we thought was an affordable lifetime of retirement vacations.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So let me get this straight, my PAID OFF Timeshare at Orange Lake, can cease to be an annual financial drain on me, not be a perpetual financial drain on my kids, not be a financial nightmare to even try to estimate the worthlessness of my stupidity for "buying" it, by simply making a phone call to Orange Lake and telling them that I want to offer it to them for resale so they can give it to someone else and i am free??????
I think they can say no, but i’m hopeful that I will receive the papers at no cost to me. Boy did I learn a rough lesson

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How likely is it for them to take a non-paying member to curt? Are there any members that had gone to court because they stop paying the mortgage?
We have a cousin who owned 5 properties. His credit has been messed up, but it’s been 2 years that he has not paid and he has not been taken to court. They could still sue him later. We don’t plan on going that route, because we don’t want the messed up credit.

GettingOut?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Glad you made it out. I hope it happens for us. I wish we hadn’t spent so much of our retirement money on this.