• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Question for the experts. If I don’t use my QH, next year will they rent it out for me?
I put a week into the rental pool but it didn't work out so well for us. You have to give them the full week. They rented out 3 of the 7 nights, in the middle. I couldn't do much with the extra days on either end so they went unused. I think I got around $200. I have a 1BR in October.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I put a week into the rental pool but it didn't work out so well for us. You have to give them the full week. They rented out 3 of the 7 nights, in the middle. I couldn't do much with the extra days on either end so they went unused. I think I got around $200. I have a 1BR in October.

I have a 2 bedroom lockout, and I was planning on giving them the whole week. Thanks for the input

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have put a week in QH's rental program several times. Since they are always fixed weeks, at some point after no action on listing sites, I'm just trying to salvage something. I don't think I've ever covered my maintenance fees but I've come close.

However, one year I put up a 2BR/2BA unit for Week 47 (Sat-Sat) and got absolutely nothing, which I found a bit perplexing given that Week 47 is either Thanksgiving Week or the week after Thanksgiving.

We know QH has an inventory of available units. So, here's my question. When an owner puts a week in the rental program and if QH has that same week, does QH rent its own unit first? I would assume the answer is yes.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
Have you tried other avenues to list/rent etc.

OK TUGGERs, which combination do you use:
Social media, TUG classified, Craigslist, Ebay vacation listings, third party broker/travel networks, Redweek, Evolve, i have seen sooo many solicitations to get TS owners to list with 3rd party marketers.....any positive results? Lessons learned? Timely Payment received?

Thank you for sharing

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Social media, TUG classified, Craigslist, Ebay vacation listings, third party broker/travel networks, Redweek, Evolve, i have seen sooo many solicitations to get TS owners to list with 3rd party marketers.....any positive results? Lessons learned? Timely Payment received?

Thank you for sharing

I’ve never rented out my units before. Since I work 60+ hours week, I was just looking for a way to recoup my MF’s for next year.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

Thank you for sharing

We should not take this thread far off topic - take a look at this thread instead.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Last edited:

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
I have put a week in QH's rental program several times. Since they are always fixed weeks, at some point after no action on listing sites, I'm just trying to salvage something. I don't think I've ever covered my maintenance fees but I've come close.

However, one year I put up a 2BR/2BA unit for Week 47 (Sat-Sat) and got absolutely nothing, which I found a bit perplexing given that Week 47 is either Thanksgiving Week or the week after Thanksgiving.

We know QH has an inventory of available units. So, here's my question. When an owner puts a week in the rental program and if QH has that same week, does QH rent its own unit first? I would assume the answer is yes.
Chapjim have you extended your rentals into the QH in-house rentals that INCLUDES listing in BOOKING.c0m. i understand it will cost 45%commission.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Chapjim have you extended your rentals into the QH in-house rentals that INCLUDES listing in BOOKING.c0m. i understand it will cost 45%commission.

No, I haven't.

ihmsa56546

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House Resort
Does anyone have any info on Unit 417&423? Just made an exchange and looking for some info.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I own unit 423 but have never been there. The resort has told me that it is a 1 BR with a stovetop but no oven and a washer dryer in the unit.
I don’t know about a view.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Does anyone have any info on Unit 417&423? Just made an exchange and looking for some info.

417 is a 1br 529sq/ft
The suite named
La chambre de Rex

Living room Has an entire mirrored wall behind sofa so room looks bigger...a nice bonus when natural sunlight comes through the 2 dining/living room windows.
Bedroom has a full mirrored wall behind headboard.

has a walk-in shower, not the jetted tub.
Very convenient Washer and dryer in your unit.
Kitchen does have a full size oven, unlike other condos that only have a countertop toaster oven. You can make a full size tray of sheet cookies :)

We own this condo in July

ihmsa56546

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House Resort
Any info on 115? Have a reservation there in 2 weeks! I think I have a problem with this place it’s so addictive!!!!;)

Bill4728

Reaction score
We just got back and stayed in 328 B, a one bd (with no oven)

Two things
the bedroom has no window (weird)
The lock-off door does almost nothing to reduce the sound of the A side
we could hear almost everything going on on the other side.

Still great to visit NOLA

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,

Hubby and I couldn’t go to our FQ Fest wk 15 april12-19, so we had our 1br put in QH rental pool less than 3 weeks ago. Last week Sunday night, I checked online and the 3 major booking sites read “No availability for Wk 15, sold out for QH” , no matter what size unit, or part of the week. Yay! believing our unit was rented in this Special Events week..but I checked QH reservations desk and they still had availability! And to our dismay they still had our 1br still available. fortunately we were able to “take our unit back” and send a friend.
Even with the pickle we were in with not being able to go ourselves,
the QH staff was very kind and instrumental in managing my anxieties of a “wasted week”.

Great Staff, truly caring of the owners individual situations.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Any info on 115? Have a reservation there in 2 weeks! I think I have a problem with this place it’s so addictive!!!!;)
Aren’t they a great bunch of people, there at QH! I agree it’s very addictive, both the resort and city!

115: of course courtyard level
2br king bed in each 2 bathtubs

Sleeps 6
Yay your own full-size w/d! (Bring detergent and fabric softener sheets)
It’s considered a handicap unit, must have wider access areas of egress

Have a wonderful time, we just got back ourselves!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hubby and I couldn’t go to our FQ Fest wk 15 april12-19, so we had our 1br put in QH rental pool less than 3 weeks ago. Last week Sunday night, I checked online and the 3 major booking sites read “No availability for Wk 15, sold out for QH” , no matter what size unit, or part of the week. Yay! believing our unit was rented in this Special Events week..but I checked QH reservations desk and they still had availability! And to our dismay they still had our 1br still available. fortunately we were able to “take our unit back” and send a friend.
Even with the pickle we were in with not being able to go ourselves,
the QH staff was very kind and instrumental in managing my anxieties of a “wasted week”.

Great Staff, truly caring of the owners individual situations.

I've got a post somewhere here on TUG about the time we arrived a week early! There was something about QH's calendar that it was a week off most timeshare calendars. No worries!! They did an exchange on the spot - took our 2BR/2BA unit and gave us a 2BR Lock Off. I was looking at the prospect of having driven 18 hours to get there, turning around and driving eighteen hours to get home.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back and stayed in 328 B, a one bd (with no oven)

Two things
the bedroom has no window (weird)
The lock-off door does almost nothing to reduce the sound of the A side
we could hear almost everything going on on the other side.

Still great to visit NOLA

The rooms along that hallway have the windows in the living area and the bedrooms black. I like it that way because it makes the bedrooms very quiet. The A and B side in 328 virtually mirror each other so when you open the door you end up with two kitchens and living rooms right next to each other. I prefer the nearby 330AB or 430AB because both sides are unique and completely separate. That way even with the door open you can have kids or one group in one kitchen and living area and a different group in another.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've got a post somewhere here on TUG about the time we arrived a week early! There was something about QH's calendar that it was a week off most timeshare calendars. No worries!! They did an exchange on the spot - took our 2BR/2BA unit and gave us a 2BR Lock Off. I was looking at the prospect of having driven 18 hours to get there, turning around and driving eighteen hours to get home.

I really love the people that work at QH. Great resort in a great location with low MF’s

amatiboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much difference in side are the lockouts? I've noticed that #322ab is 987sf, and #511ab is 1087, but than the 432/332/222 line is pushing 1600. Do most of them hover around 1000? Is it known what units are largest? I'm looking into 420ab, so if any info on size would appreciate because i have seen nothing online...

amatiboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, how easy is it to generally exchange weeks with other owners via the resort? I've heard it's free? Do they keep you in your exact unit or do they move you around to similar units to help accommodate your needs? and what weeks can you not expect to get a trade into generally?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, how easy is it to generally exchange weeks with other owners via the resort? I've heard it's free? Do they keep you in your exact unit or do they move you around to similar units to help accommodate your needs? and what weeks can you not expect to get a trade into generally?

I've done a number of in-house exchanges at QH. Nina Lay (nina@quarterhouse.com) is the POC. She is very good and there is no charge. You won't get your same unit, only a unit of the same size. I suppose you could ask for your unit but that would severely reduce the probability of getting an exchange.

QH has some units with no exterior wall (and no windows). If that is going to be a problem, you might want to ask about location before accepting the exchange.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aren’t they a great bunch of people, there at QH! I agree it’s very addictive, both the resort and city!

115: of course courtyard level
2br king bed in each 2 bathtubs

Sleeps 6
Yay your own full-size w/d! (Bring detergent and fabric softener sheets)
It’s considered a handicap unit, must have wider access areas of egress

Have a wonderful time, we just got back ourselves!

Where is 115 located? Since it's on the ground floor, there's probably no view, right?

My guess is through the courtyard and to the left after passing the pool. If so, does it back to the alley behind QH? I have a Unit 110 week that does that and the trash trucks are a little noisy early in the AM.

amatiboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is 115 located? Since it's on the ground floor, there's probably no view, right?

My guess is through the courtyard and to the left after passing the pool. If so, does it back to the alley behind QH? I have a Unit 110 week that does that and the trash trucks are a little noisy early in the AM.
115 is right across the hall from the gym on the 1st floor.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned