• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are the MF’s for a 3 bedroom at MarBrisa?

Frasier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC-Mabrisa Carlsbad, CA, HGVC-Bay Club, HI
Red Wolf Lakeside, Lake Tahoe,
I own a 2 Bedroom (not luxury) at the MarBrisa. Per the 2018 budget report I have (I tried to scan but not working) the 3 bedroom assesments are:

Operating $896.84
Capital Reserve $195.44
Total $1,092.28

This does not include the property tax which is additional. The property tax for my 2 bedroom was an additional $283.08. I can't find the amount for the 3 bedroom but have to assume more.

Per the reservation system there are 3 different 3 bedroom properties listed which are all the same size.

One is listed as a Parkview exclusively in the Pointe neighborhood.
Another is listed as a lock-off type suite exclusively in the Cove neighborhood.
Third one is listed as a Sunset View suite exclusively in the Pointe neighborhood.

The Cove is where the main pool area is and the Pointe is at the other end of property.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I own a 2 Bedroom (not luxury) at the MarBrisa. Per the 2018 budget report I have (I tried to scan but not working) the 3 bedroom assesments are:

Operating $896.84
Capital Reserve $195.44
Total $1,092.28

This does not include the property tax which is additional. The property tax for my 2 bedroom was an additional $283.08. I can't find the amount for the 3 bedroom but have to assume more.

Per the reservation system there are 3 different 3 bedroom properties listed which are all the same size.

One is listed as a Parkview exclusively in the Pointe neighborhood.
Another is listed as a lock-off type suite exclusively in the Cove neighborhood.
Third one is listed as a Sunset View suite exclusively in the Pointe neighborhood.

The Cove is where the main pool area is and the Pointe is at the other end of property.

Thanks for the info! The main pool area is the newer area, correct?

Do you like MarBrisa? We have a family of five and a three bedroom seems like the way to go and the up front costs of places like MarBrisa make it a little more reasonable.

Frasier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC-Mabrisa Carlsbad, CA, HGVC-Bay Club, HI
Red Wolf Lakeside, Lake Tahoe,

Do you like MarBrisa? We have a family of five and a three bedroom seems like the way to go and the up front costs of places like MarBrisa make it a little more reasonable.

Yes, the large main pool area (the Cove) I believe is the newer phase.
I do like the MarBrisa and also really like the Carlsbad area.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Marbrisa photos - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/*photo*marbrisa.257428/

There are also reviews on various websites

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Thanks for the links. I’ve seen the tug and trip advisor reviews, but the others will help. My wife and I need to figure out if we go the points is points route or buy where we might go every once and a while.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just be aware that this property is a Fee-for-service arrangement with Grand Pacific (GP) and also sub-managed by GP.

From pages 50 & 51 of HGV’s 2017 Annual Report http://investors.hgv.com/~/media/Fi...orts-and-presentations/annual-report-2017.pdf

As of December 31, 2017, our resorts included the following locations and units:
Property Name / Ownership(1) / Location / Units
HGVClub at MarBrisa(3) Fee-for-service Carlsbad, CA 196​

(1) Fee-for-service and collection properties are properties that were funded and constructed by a third-party developer. Collection properties are properties that were contributed by a third party during Hilton’s joint venture with Grand Vacations or prior to the spin-off. A developed property is a property that was funded and constructed by Hilton Grand Vacations. Hilton Grand Vacations also manages the operation of the developed properties.
(3) Property sub-managed by a third party.

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that this property is a Fee-for-service arrangement with Grand Pacific (GP) and also sub-managed by GP.

From pages 50 & 51 of HGV’s 2017 Annual Report http://investors.hgv.com/~/media/Fi...orts-and-presentations/annual-report-2017.pdf

As of December 31, 2017, our resorts included the following locations and units:
Property Name / Ownership(1) / Location / Units
HGVClub at MarBrisa(3) Fee-for-service Carlsbad, CA 196​

(1) Fee-for-service and collection properties are properties that were funded and constructed by a third-party developer. Collection properties are properties that were contributed by a third party during Hilton’s joint venture with Grand Vacations or prior to the spin-off. A developed property is a property that was funded and constructed by Hilton Grand Vacations. Hilton Grand Vacations also manages the operation of the developed properties.
(3) Property sub-managed by a third party.
I assume for all practical purposes there is no difference?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I assume for all practical purposes there is no difference?

As stated it’s a Fee-for service arrangement which means the arrangement can change at anytime. No one has a crystal ball regarding the future. A change in arrangement can be good like the Sunrise purchase or bad resulting in termination of the agreement.

Based on previous affiliations that ended, existing owners will be grandfathered but HGVC membership may not be available with resales going forward which may lower resale values even further.

Terminated affiliate agreements
Also it’s the only property that is "sub-managed" which might be the reason for some of the mixed reviews :shrug:

Regarding the Grand Pacific agreement
This is from a 2010 Press Release - htttp://newsroom.hilton.com/index.cfm/news/grand-pacific-marbrisa-resort-and-hilton-grand-vacations-expand-relationship
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...acific-MarBrisa-Resort-Hilton-Grand-Vacations

Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort and Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) have announced the expansion of their relationship. Building upon the strength of an affiliation agreement that began in 2007, Hilton Grand Vacations will now assume responsibility for Grand Pacific MarBrisa timeshare sales and marketing, as well as many resort management services.

According to David Brown and Tim Stripe, co-presidents of Grand Pacific Resorts, the new structure combines Grand Pacific's long tenure as the leader in the Southern California timeshare marketplace with the global strength and hospitality expertise of the Hilton Worldwide timeshare brand.

The enhanced synergy between the two organizations begins with the renaming of the spectacular 41-acre Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort as "Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa." As a managed property in the HGV resort collection, Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa will welcome owners and guests in the signature tradition of Hilton hospitality. HGV will also market and sell Grand Pacific MarBrisa ownership intervals onsite and through its distribution network.

Brown says, "Our strengthened alignment with Hilton Grand Vacations enables us to enhance the guest experience and accelerate the sales of the project. The depth of experience that HGV brings to our sales organization and our resort operation is tremendous. The enhanced relationship will positively impact the resort's visibility and prominence both locally and nationally."

From the December 31, 2014 Year End Financial Statement - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/images/GPM_2015Financial.pdf
Under Note 3. Related Parties
Management agreement: The Association is operated under a management agreement with Hilton Grand Vacation Club, LLC (HGVC), who has subcontracted with a professional property management company, Grand Pacific Resort Services, L.P. (GPRS), an affiliate of the developer.....
Exchange affiliation agreement: Effective September 2006, the Association has entered into an exchange affiliation agreement with HGVC to offer vacation interval owners at the Association the opportunity to utilize the exchange services and related benefits provided through HGVC. Owners who submit a HGVC enrollment agreement and pay the applicable enrollment and transaction fees shall be entitled to full access to all the benefits, reservations and exchange services offered by HGVC. The term of the agreement is five years and is automatically renewable for successive one-year periods, unless terminated in accordance with the agreement....

The Press releases share some information about the affiliate agreement but the actually working level details of each affiliate arrangements are only found here on TUG. Thankfully some TUG members have shared the bits and pieces based on what they have learned through their personal experiences or heard from others.
Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort (2007) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53363

Last edited:

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
As stated it’s a Fee-for service arrangement which means the arrangement can change at anytime. No one has a crystal ball regarding the future. A change in arrangement can be good like the Sunrise purchase or bad resulting in termination of the agreement.

Based on previous affiliations that ended, existing owners will be grandfathered but HGVC membership may not be available with resales going forward which may lower resale values even further.

Terminated affiliate agreements
Also it’s the only property that is "sub-managed" which might be the reason for some of the mixed reviews :shrug:

Regarding the Grand Pacific agreement
This is from a 2010 Press Release - http://newsroom.hilton.com/index.cf...nd-hilton-grand-vacations-expand-relationship

Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort and Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) have announced the expansion of their relationship. Building upon the strength of an affiliation agreement that began in 2007, Hilton Grand Vacations will now assume responsibility for Grand Pacific MarBrisa timeshare sales and marketing, as well as many resort management services.

According to David Brown and Tim Stripe, co-presidents of Grand Pacific Resorts, the new structure combines Grand Pacific's long tenure as the leader in the Southern California timeshare marketplace with the global strength and hospitality expertise of the Hilton Worldwide timeshare brand.

The enhanced synergy between the two organizations begins with the renaming of the spectacular 41-acre Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort as "Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa." As a managed property in the HGV resort collection, Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa will welcome owners and guests in the signature tradition of Hilton hospitality. HGV will also market and sell Grand Pacific MarBrisa ownership intervals onsite and through its distribution network.

Brown says, "Our strengthened alignment with Hilton Grand Vacations enables us to enhance the guest experience and accelerate the sales of the project. The depth of experience that HGV brings to our sales organization and our resort operation is tremendous. The enhanced relationship will positively impact the resort's visibility and prominence both locally and nationally."

From the December 31, 2014 Year End Financial Statement - https://grandpacificresorts.com/emails/gpm/fall16/images/GPM_2015Financial.pdf
Under Note 3. Related Parties
Management agreement: The Association is operated under a management agreement with Hilton Grand Vacation Club, LLC (HGVC), who has subcontracted with a professional property management company, Grand Pacific Resort Services, L.P. (GPRS), an affiliate of the developer.....
Exchange affiliation agreement: Effective September 2006, the Association has entered into an exchange affiliation agreement with HGVC to offer vacation interval owners at the Association the opportunity to utilize the exchange services and related benefits provided through HGVC. Owners who submit a HGVC enrollment agreement and pay the applicable enrollment and transaction fees shall be entitled to full access to all the benefits, reservations and exchange services offered by HGVC. The term of the agreement is five years and is automatically renewable for successive one-year periods, unless terminated in accordance with the agreement....

The Press releases share some information about the affiliate agreement but the actually working level details of each affiliate arrangements are only found here on TUG. Thankfully some TUG members have shared the bits and pieces based on what they have learned through their personal experiences or heard from others.
Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort (2007) - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53363

Hi I really appreciate the detailed response here. Gives me a better understanding of how Marbrisa operates - just went into contract on a unit there. One follow up question for you - some of the threads you sent mention that HGVC membership does not transfer on resale? I am assuming this is not true since plenty of Tug members have reported buying HGVC points through resale Marbrisa?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
One follow up question for you - some of the threads you sent mention that HGVC membership does not transfer on resale? I am assuming this is not true since plenty of Tug members have reported buying HGVC points through resale Marbrisa?

Yes, there was some confusion for a while after a TUG member got an email update from a frequently mentioned reseller.