TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

GPR/HGVC no longer available for resale transfers.

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by presley, Aug 11, 2016.

1. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I have a GPR/HGVC unit listed for sale with Judi and just got an email saying that resales are no longer able to transfer the HGVC membership. It was suggesting I lower my price. I didn't ask for any additional information since HGVC told me to go through Judi for selling, I figured they know what they are talking about.

It's actually not a surprise to me. It's a bummer to those who haven't already purchased, but Hilton wants people to buy from them and this is one way to make that happen.

2. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    Maybe contact the Legacy group at Carlsbad Inn.

They always seemed to have a "waiver" on that policy.

3. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

Oh no... let me know if you find that "waiver" :confused:

I have one of those TS and wont be nice if its doesn't transfer when I sale.:annoyed:

4. RX8

RX8 TUG Member

I purchased a GPP week resale from Grand Pacific in 2012. It has 8400 HGVC points with it. At the time of my purchase they had an HGVC Membership Agreement which stated that HGVC would only transfer if the future sale was done with the services of Advanced Commercial Corporation. I asked for, and received, a signed addendum that states I may sell the week on my own and still retain HGVC membership on the sale.

When and if I am ready to sell it would be interesting to see if they honor the document.

In a HGVC presentation I did two years ago the sales people were marketing GPP/HGVC combo as a cheaper alternative to HGVC Marbrisa. I am sure they sold some and I wonder if they plan on yanking HGVC from that GPP week when the customer is ready to sell. Buying from a developer that significantly changes the usage of that week after the fact on resale will put HGVC in a very poor light.

5. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella
    Advanced is owned by GPR.

6. presley

I think if you purchased through their in house resale program, they will still sell it for you and carry the HGVC transfer for you. Since I didn't buy through them, they wouldn't sell for me. The only snag would be if HGVC decided to override GPR and not honor that agreement, but I just don't see how they could do that if you have a signed document showing that they will sell it for you under those terms.

The change I am posting about is very recent. It happened within the past couple months.

7. Bill4728

Bill4728 Moderator

Not sure why you're posting this. I heard from the the first time GPR associated with HGVC that resales would not be eligible for HGVC memberships.

Was there a time when you could associate with HGVC witha resale GPR purchase?

8. colatown

colatown Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC
    Yes, I have one at GPR, it was bought in 2012.

9. buzglyd

buzglyd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Lagoon Tower
    HGVC Carlsbad Seapointe
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites
    Carlsbad Inn
    SVV Bella

I've got one also. A resale Seapointe but I bought from Legacy at Carlsbad Inn.

10. presley

Yes. I sold one that was converted to HGVC last year. The people who bought it were offered to keep it as HGVC or put it back as plain Seapointe by the transfer company.

There have been many sold on Ebay over the past few years that also kept their HGVC status.

11. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

I just bough one in May 2016 with HGVC included ;)

12. JohnnyO

JohnnyO TUG Member

If one already owns HCVC/Marbrisa developer purchase can you transfer the HGVC/Marbrisa resale into your existing account? Or do they make you have a separate account altogether?

13. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    As long as both units are titled identical, they should go into one account. But if you take title differently, such as one has an ex-spouse, or one is in a trust and other is not, they will require separate accounts.

14. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

How are other affiliates impacted? I am in the process of buying Craigendarroch and this is giving me cold feet.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  15. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    DannyTS likes this.
  16. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

Thank you, I was reading the posts on my cell phone and i did not see the dates. In any case, this was a good opportunity for me to review the communication with the broker and with the resort, I do not think that there is anything to worry about.

17. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    No problem. I think that is always a very good question to ask the broker on an affiliate anyways. I am not sure who the broker is, but if you are dealing with the onsite HGVC sales/resales person, then the points should also count towards elite (at least that would be another question to clear up).

DannyTS likes this.
  18. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

I am not going direct with the onsite sales persons but i had contact with them. How useful is elite for you? This is our 1st HGVC week but because we also have Vistana weeks i doubt we will add anymore anytime soon.

19. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    If you aren't adding anymore, then it won't matter anyways. Minimal advantage for elite.

DannyTS likes this.
  20. JohnnyO

JohnnyO TUG Member

Thanks for the reply. i own HGVC Marbrisa and GPP and CSR with enough points to be Elite. I keep seeing opportunity to add on units at marbrisa for great prices with HGVC points allegedly. Every time I ask the RE broker the question they never get back to me. Then the unit ends up sold. I was always under the impression that HGVC would not transfer but that was years ago. I just don't want the hassle of multiple accounts in HGVC nor the added expense.