• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Amex Hilton Aspire

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone considering the Amex Hilton Aspire card? It's automatic Diamond status with loads of benefits. However, the $450 annual fee may draw some people away.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It has decent benefits, but you're getting HHonors pesos for your $$.
IMHO, Chase's Sapphire Reserve's travel points offer better flexibility.

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has decent benefits, but you're getting HHonors pesos for your $$.
IMHO, Chase's Sapphire Reserve's travel points offer better flexibility.

I got the CSR but wouldn't mind adding this if I can get a return on spend. It's too bad the Resort statement fee doesn't include HGVC. There are a few resorts around me.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will get it. It’s a no brainer for my situation.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I got the CSR but wouldn't mind adding this if I can get a return on spend. It's too bad the Resort statement fee doesn't include HGVC. There are a few resorts around me.

Do you that the HGVC resorts don't count for the resort credit? What are the Hilton Resorts? Aren't the Hiltons just Hotels?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Hmm...I wonder if you place room charges on HGVC at HHV or Kingsland (e.g. restaurants, activities) if they would count toward the $250. For Amex offers in the past, this has worked.

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I wonder if you place room charges on HGVC at HHV or Kingsland (e.g. restaurants, activities) if they would count toward the $250. For Amex offers in the past, this has worked.

I asked that question and it won't. The 250 resort credit only applies to the Hilton Resorts. There aren't that many Hilton resorts if you take a look at the list.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I asked that question and it won't. The 250 resort credit only applies to the Hilton Resorts. There aren't that many Hilton resorts if you take a look at the list.

HHV and Hilton Waikoloa are on the resort list. Amex systems often cannot tell the difference. I recall that it worked prior to the spin-off. Would love to see this tested.

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think HHV is just the Rainbow tower - the non-HGVC, hotel.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yes it is. But the Amex systems may not be able to tell the difference. You can place restaurant purchases and activities at HHV on your HGVC room. If AMEX recognizes this as a credit, we will definitely pick up this card.

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be worth a try. Would love to see someone test it. :)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea if restaurant charges paid directly with the card at this places would count. Sometimes I use my Citi Prestige for the 4 night benefit and I could pay for room charges with the Amex for the $250 credit.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

The Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel side includes the Kalia Tower, Tapa Tower, Diamond Head Tower, and Ali Tower as well as the Rainbow Tower. The Timeshare side is the Lagoon Tower, Grand Waikakian, Grand Islander and also I believe 6 floors of the Kalia Tower.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes it is. But the Amex systems may not be able to tell the difference. You can place restaurant purchases and activities at HHV on your HGVC room. If AMEX recognizes this as a credit, we will definitely pick up this card.

We also charge all of our restaurant, bar, ABC and other stores that let you to our room when we are at a timeshare at the HHV and get 12 points per dollar on those charges. However, those are charges under the Hilton property umbrella as they are in the Hilton Honors Reservation System.

However, the definition of "Hilton Resort" for the purposes of the $250 credit may be different.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they don't count the HGVC as "resorts", then, IMO, it's not worth it.
$450 and if you get the other stuff covered, you're paying $250/year for the card.
You'd have to spend a LOT (IMO) to get $250 worth of HHonors points that are worth $0.005/point to justify the $250 fee fee.
But I guess if you do travel a lot and do spend time in actual Hilton resorts, then obviously it would be a no-brainer.

I *may* get the card later if there's a decent sign-up bonus and they waive the fee for the first year.
But we'll see.

I'm still hoping eventually the Chase Sapphire Reserve card has the 100k offer again, but I doubt it. DEFINITELY not worth it for the measily 50k points. I can save a ton of money and get the same offer on the CSP I think.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
CSR is a superior card hands down to the Hilton. We like it for the medical evacuation benefit which I don't believe the Hilton card offers.

FYI we just paid part of our maintenance fees for W57 and it counted as 3x lodging for CSR

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I am leaning towards getting the new Aspire card, but am waiting to see the final details. I enjoy being Diamond, and find reasonable value in that based on my travel. I have also had plenty of great trips with Hilton points so still value there.

I have read a few posts that stated the $250 credit would apply to any Hilton property. If that was true, the card become much more valuable, as I certainly spend that with Hilton every year. If its limited to specific hotels or resorts, then it harder to justify. I have stayed at many of those, and probably stay again, just not every year.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
A new Marriott/SPG premium card is expected soon and will compete with this card. Will wait to determine the best bonus offer and perks before deciding which card to get. DH just cancelled his HH Surpass so he can be a "free agent" on bonus offers.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
can we just eat at Hilton Village hotel restaurants and pay with Amex Hilton Aspire card? this will trigger Amex system $250 resort credit card.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
can we just eat at Hilton Village hotel restaurants and pay with Amex Hilton Aspire card? this will trigger Amex system $250 resort credit card.

That would be nice, but its not clear if that would will work yet.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
There is also the Alii and Tapa tower that are not hgvc. Also most of Kalua tower is non hgvc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It appears that the charges must be attached to a room charge. See article below by DrofCredit.com.

I know that charges at HHV Starbucks in Kalia, restaurants, some activities and even Beni Hana can be billed to your HGVC room. I know this worked last summer for an AMEX offer of $200 off $1000 in Hilton Hawaii charges booked to our HGVC room. However process may have changed since then.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...view-450-annual-fee/#250_Hilton_Resort_Credit

upload_2018-1-12_14-29-57.png

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I *may* get the card later if there's a decent sign-up bonus and they waive the fee for the first year.
But we'll see.

Good luck with them waiving the fee for a new card. Maybe if you have the Centurion card. Perhaps if you ask nicely if you have both the Plat Personal and Plat Biz (I may try this now that I think about this...).

I think they will have a decent sign-up bonus.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is question also.