• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

OMC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land
That's awesome. What are the MFs on that 10500 points?
Not sure if they are $1570 or $1630. I believe it is $1570 but waiting on the estoppel letter. In either case it is about 15 c/p which is higher than Vegas but still within my tolerance given the good price and higher point value in one contract.

Et025

Reaction score
My first attempt failed. 7,000pt platinum 2Br Tuscany for $5,900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land, a Hilton Grand Vacation Club
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
Bummer. I struck out a few time before getting one to go through. Closing soon on Kings Land!! Waiver already signed by HGVC. So excited

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any data for the Hilton properties in NYC?

I'm looking to buy and I'd like some input before I make an offer on a studio 7200 points. The asking price is: 20k.

MindReign

Reaction score
Just adding to the list.

Purchased a 7k point unit in Vegas for $7k, passed rofr in December of 2016. Followed the advice of closing towards end of year when rofr budget was lowest/depleted.

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
Timing? or chance? Not sure, but I say... keep trying!
In the last three week I've had 2 deals get approved! This was after losing 3 on ROFR back to HGVC.
7,200 every year, Kings' Land. It was recorded by the court in Hawaii yesterday! SUPER excited.
7,000 every year, the Bay Club. last Friday HGVC returned the form releasing the ROFR. I know this has been said to just be a formality... well it cleared! Now just waiting for this one to finish as well.

What a great supplement to our 6,200 every-even-year.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timing? or chance? Not sure, but I say... keep trying!
In the last three week I've had 2 deals get approved! This was after losing 3 on ROFR back to HGVC.
7,200 every year, Kings' Land. It was recorded by the court in Hawaii yesterday! SUPER excited.
7,000 every year, the Bay Club. last Friday HGVC returned the form releasing the ROFR. I know this has been said to just be a formality... well it cleared! Now just waiting for this one to finish as well.

What a great supplement to our 6,200 every-even-year.
Rofr is never exercised at bay club. I call it the hidden secret of hgvc. Buy in is very cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jeepinjoel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Bay Club at Waikoloa
right... but I got Kings' Land too, which is a total surprise. In fact, the HGVC rep originally said they WOULD be exercising it... then they backed out. very excited.

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
My King's Land purchase 12,600 points 2 Bedroom Premier Platinum for total of $14,400 just went thru without Hilton exercising ROFR. Price included almost all of 2017 points and 2017 fees etc. already paid. So if you take the 2017 points out the cost would be about $13,100+/-.

I had a prior $12,800 offer on same 12,600 points King's Land a couple of months that was bought by Hilton exercising ROFR. This offer did not have 2017 points included in the purchase price.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am working on incorporating HGVC in to the www.ROFR.net website. Between busy life, my limited understanding of HGVC, and the large number of resorts, it is a long process of compiling all of the different unit types. I will get there, it will just take some time.

I received an email from @dioxide45 today, him and another TUG user have been working on incorporating Hilton into the existing Marriott ROFR database. I have seen their draft work. Hopefully, that will be completed soon because from this Sticky and other threads within HGVC forum, we certainly need this. I thank these two TUG members for their hard work.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
My King's Land purchase 12,600 points 2 Bedroom Premier Platinum for total of $14,400 just went thru without Hilton exercising ROFR. Price included almost all of 2017 points and 2017 fees etc. already paid. So if you take the 2017 points out the cost would be about $13,100+/-.

I had a prior $12,800 offer on same 12,600 points King's Land a couple of months that was bought by Hilton exercising ROFR. This offer did not have 2017 points included in the purchase price.

Thats a great price with points included!

The 12.6k point units are either 2 br plus or 3 br standard. I own the 2 br premier and its 14.4k points.

Not that it matters, I would never waste all my points on a single week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
My Estoppel paperwork from Hilton has unit type as 2 bedroom premier and lists 12600 points for 2018 & 2019

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Doing final closing work and you're right Hilton made a mistake on estoppel it's not a premier but a 2 br plus

Ajleedee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Charter Club Marco Island
What is MF?
MF's at all HGVC resorts are assessed by unit-size (or classification), not by Season.
Between resorts, they vary greatly. Among resorts, 1BR's will have different MF's.
Seaword's phases technically have different HOA's & MF's differ slightly, but not much.

at a

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks to two TUG members (@dioxide45 and @JPrisco), HGVC has been added to the www.rofr.net database. Please report all activity both failed and passed for any Hilton TS which you either purchased or sold.

Last edited:

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
Timing is definitely important, HGVC exercised ROFR last month on a similar 14,400 KL contract that i was trying to buy for $13,500.

Grand Waikikian 2BR Premier 14,400pts, Odd year at $19,000. ROFR has been exercised.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Grand Waikikian 2BR Premier 14,400pts, Odd year at $19,000. ROFR has been exercised.

That is a bit surprising given that it is an EOY, so in reality it nets to 7,200 for $19K, that is a steep price for an ROFR to be executed. Hilton must want the better units at GW back. I would guess they are not taking back the standard 2 BRs as much.

junk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Islander 16800, Grand waikikian 12600 EOY, Boulevard 7000
That is a bit surprising given that it is an EOY, so in reality it nets to 7,200 for $19K, that is a steep price for an ROFR to be executed. Hilton must want the better units at GW back. I would guess they are not taking back the standard 2 BRs as much.
I'm surprised but resale price was 24% of official selling price. It seems approx. 30% or greater than official selling price has to be paid to pass ROFR in Honolulu.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
HGVC on the Boulevard (Las Vegas)
Marriott’s Grande Vista
@GT75
There's an entry in the rofr.net with a date of 2018 for a Hilton property. Maybe someone can edit it

Kekelly111

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
the rofr website does not list the number of points involved or am I am missing something?

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
HGVC on the Boulevard (Las Vegas)
Marriott’s Grande Vista

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
the rofr website does not list the number of points involved or am I am missing something?

Yes and No. The amount of points are included (just not displayed) as part of the resort, unit size, season, ect. It is there just in the background. The problem as you and others have pointing out (and what is really important) is that it isn't displayed on either the input form and the report. The developers of the database are discussing how to display that information.

I wasn't sure when we were adding Hilton to the rofr db, if users would find it useful. I am very pleased with the response so far (both comments and entries). I am very thankful for the developers of the program for integrating us into their db. I know that we must resolve this display point issue due to the importance to HGVC owners.