• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE--Vacation Village @ Parkway 2BR/Lockoff Fixed Week 32-Even

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Umbrella Beach Club (AMI,FL),
Longboat Bay Club (LBK,FL),
Veranda Beach Club (LBK,FL)
Vacation Village at Parkway, Kissimmee, FL (just 2 lights to Disney...)

Week 32 (Mid-August), Even Years, Next use in 2018.
2BR Lockoff (splits into 2 1BR units)

Property owned free and clear (no mortgage).
Maintenance Fees and Taxes are current and next due for 2018
This year MF's were $685+$156 tax = $841

FREE!--Just pay Vacation Village's transfer fee of $250
(I will pay for closing costs through LT Transfers...)

Good trader in RCI Weeks--NOT points--I got 51 TPU in 2016

I like this resort, and like trading it too, but we have acquired something else and need to let it go...

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Come on, who doesn't like mid-August heat and humidity in Orlando?:D

With 6+ pools to chose from and the arrangement of the buildings there's usually some shady spots to find.

Seriously, though, this is a great trader (reduced $149 RCI exchange fee to this or other Vacation Village properties)
and a nice resort if you don't.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping this one up...

Did I mention it's only two easy traffic lights* to Disney? Other than the Disney-owned resorts, almost no other timeshare resort can say that...(even Bonnet Creek, while closer, has more lights and turns to get to the theme park parking areas...)

You can be at the Magic Kingdom tollbooth in 10 minutes or less, and about the same or less for the other Disney Parks.
Also the same easy access to I-4.

Send me a PM if interested.

*or only one if you exit via Parkway Boulevard, and it's just one right turn...

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Asking for a friend, Is this a pet friendly resort?

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I noticed that on VV in Weston, but if you exchange with RCI they don't allow pets.
Thank you for quick response.
Silentg

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hey people you are missing a great deal on this! Sorry wish I was in need of more timeshares but I'm not; just wanted to add my endorsement. As the owner stated this Vacation Village ownership will give you great trading power and access to fabulous sale week deals on RCI that need no points or trades.

We just stayed at this resort for for the second time since the first of the year and this time for two weeks, April 29-May 13. These weeks were booked through the sale weeks for around $200 a week with no points or trade needed and that was for the one bedroom unit with the full kitchen. Our five year old granddaughter was with us and she loved all the activities we did: free sno-cones, free face painting, games at the pool, movie nights at the pool, dance lessons, bingo. There were more activities, these are just the ones we did. We stayed in the same section again, buildings 1-6, and like that section because there is a great playground for our granddaughter. We never used their free shuttle to the Disney Parks but I saw people waiting and appreciated that there were benches in the shade to sit on while you waited if I'd wanted to use it.

On the nights we needed it we had room for a twin air mattress on either side of the bed and there was enough room for us get in and out of the bed around it too. No point in getting a two bedroom unit as our granddaughter likes sleeping on her air mattress in our bedroom at home or when we go to Orlando and there was only going to be the two of us for most of the stay anyhow. Grandpa isn't retired yet but will be by the end of this year! About two years ago we needed the guest bedroom at home for other company so I got her special sheets and a blanket for the air mattress and had her sleep in our bedroom instead of me sleeping in the guest bedroom with her. She likes her "special bed".

We really like the location of Vacation Village at Parkway for its convenient location. Close to grocery stores, restaurants, close the interstate but far enough away so no noise from it, easy to get to the Disney parks and just across the highway from Celebration. The buildings and grounds are well kept and the units are clean and comfortable with decent sized TV's.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I feel the same as you, I have too many weeks,this would be good for every other year. Someone will grab this! Good Luck
Silentg

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
When are the 2018 MF's due? Also, you mentioned you got 51 points when depositing it into RCI?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When are the 2018 MF's due? Also, you mentioned you got 51 points when depositing it into RCI?

I believe with all Vacation Village family of properties that maintenance fees are due on January 1. We own at Grandview Las Vegas, a Vacation Village resort.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Jan is correct--the MF's would be due on January 1, 2018 for the 2018 use year. I believe I got my bill sometime in early November (2015, for the 2016 use year). You can mail a check or pay online. With this even-year ownership, you pay the full year's MF every other year.

Yes, I got 51 TPU (Trading Power Units, different from RCI "Points", which is a different currency altogether) last time by trading in the lockoff units individually. Depositing them as two separate 1BR units yields more total TPUs than if you deposited it as a 2BR unit.

Some Vacation Village units are dimensioned in the "RCI Points" system, some are not. This one is not, which means if you use RCI, you use the RCI Weeks system (which uses the aforementioned TPU).

As others will probably point out, there are other exchange systems than RCI and you are also free to trade using one of them, although it may require more effort on your part. One advantage of using RCI to exchange Vacation Village properties is that they give you a discounted exchange fee of $149 when exchanging for another Vacation Village week (either a different week at Parkway or any week at any other RCI-traded Vacation Village resort).

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
I sent you a PM Boris Bear

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Weekly bump as this is still available...

Did I mention there's a nice Publix just a quick hop across the main road? Not to mention a mini supermarket on the resort side of 192. And a hospital just down the road on the other side of 192 as well, should you need that.

And when you wear out your shoes from all the walking around theme parks, you can "swoosh" on over to the Nike Factory Store at the entrance to the resort complex. Who doesn't love easy access to discounted overpriced footwear?

Seriously, this is still available. I've had some interest but no one has taken it yet...

Last edited:

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Time for a bump on this... This is still available.

Prime summer week--makes it a good trader!

Hey, it's just an every-other-year unit so it's not as big a commitment--if you trade well, you still can go somewhere each year. A good way to get "one's toe in the water" on timesharing for not a huge cost.

And, did I mention there's a Twistee Treat ice cream place (giant plastic ice cream cone and all...)right at the entrance to the resort (an easy walk if you are in buildings 20/21, a slightly sweatier one if you are elsewhere in the resort)?

To save everyone from having to scroll up, I'll repeat the relevant info here:

Maintenance Fees and Taxes are current and next due for 2018 --This year MF's were $685+$156 tax = $841
FREE!--Just pay Vacation Village's transfer fee of $250 (I will pay for closing costs through LT Transfers...)

baf99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Blue Whale
Does this lock off into two one bedroom units or is one side a studio?

Never mind, I saw the answer in the original post==2 1BR.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does this lock off into two one bedroom units or is one side a studio?

Never mind, I saw the answer in the original post==2 1BR.
So I'll respond anyway and take advantage of the "free bump"...

Yes, it splits off into 2 almost equal 1-bedroom units.

In Vacation Village-speak each numbered suite is split into an "A" unit and a "B" unit (or in some cases a "C" unit, but I will explain those in a moment). The "A" unit is a 1 BR 1BA unit with a full kitchen and a sofabed in the living room to accommodate a total of 4. The "B" unit is a 1BR 1BA unit with a sofabed in the living room with just a mini-kitchen (no stove). The units share a common vestibule so as a 2BR, 2BA 4-room lockoff it sleeps 8.

The "B" units are slightly smaller square footage wise than the "A" units, and I think the bed is a queen in "B" instead of a king in "A". Their website claims the total space for both is about 1500 sf.

Sometime during the development of the property they tweaked the design so that the two units are the same size. Units so configured are referred to as "A" units and "C" units. The "C" units, like the "B" units, have only the partial kitchen.

Someone else here can probably opine as to which buildings have A+B units, and which buildings have A+C units, but I think generally the higher-numbered ones have A+C.

See...doesn't this sound like something you just have to be a part of?

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping this again...I've had some interest, but as yet no takers.

So, what does Vacation Village at Parkway have that Wyndham Bonnet Creek doesn't have? :ponder:

I've already noted that VV has fewer traffic lights to get to any of the Disney parks than Wynham BC does, but there's one other thing BC lacks that VV has, and that is...

...why Bonnet Creek, of course!o_O Look at a map. The actual ditch that is Bonnet Creek doesn't touch the Wyndham property, despite the name. But it does go right past buildings 7, 14, and 15 of Vacation Village. (Don't worry, there's a fence to keep creatures away...)

Yes sirree folks, and my unit is deeded to building 7 (even though all units are for deeding purposes only*), so you can say you truly own creekfront property:whooopie:, unlike your friends at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, who own only points and a dodgy website :D.

Relevant info:
Week 32 (Mid-August), Even Years, Next use in 2018. Fixed week, but floating unit.
Maintenance Fees and Taxes are current and next due for 2018 --This year MF's were $685+$156 tax = $841
FREE!--Just pay Vacation Village's transfer fee of $250 (I will pay for closing costs through LT Transfers...)

*In all seriousness, and to be clear, it's a deeded fixed-week unit but VV treats owned weeks as "fixed week, floating units". Your week is fixed (in this case Week 32, Mid August) but when you arrive you can actually be assigned a unit anywhere in the resort. This is an advantage, because you can request a particular building/location/floor and they try to accommodate them.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can this be traded internally in VV inventory?

Well, the answer is "not directly, although sort of...".

Here's what that means: Vacation Village /Daily Management does not have an internal exchange program of its own. But, they have a special deal with RCI that you can deposit your week into RCI and exchange for another VV week (at the same resort or any other eligible VV property*) for a reduced exchange fee, which I think is $139 instead of $239.

So you would need an RCI membership to trade "internally", but given that, it's a good arrangement.

*This only works for VV properties that are RCI-affiliated, which means the 3 in Williamsburg (and perhaps others) are not part of the arrangement. I am not sure of the history behind those as to why they are differently affiliated but I think most of the other Vacation Village properties are part of the RCI arrangement. Perhaps others more knowledgeable can chime in with specifics on the other VV properties.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Well, the answer is "not directly, although sort of...".

Here's what that means: Vacation Village /Daily Management does not have an internal exchange program of its own. But, they have a special deal with RCI that you can deposit your week into RCI and exchange for another VV week (at the same resort or any other eligible VV property*) for a reduced exchange fee, which I think is $139 instead of $239.

So you would need an RCI membership to trade "internally", but given that, it's a good arrangement.

*This only works for VV properties that are RCI-affiliated, which means the 3 in Williamsburg (and perhaps others) are not part of the arrangement. I am not sure of the history behind those as to why they are differently affiliated but I think most of the other Vacation Village properties are part of the RCI arrangement. Perhaps others more knowledgeable can chime in with specifics on the other VV properties.

Hmm, that was one of the selling points on the week I'm rescinding was that it made my old week eligible to trade in their internal Network.

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmm, that was one of the selling points on the week I'm rescinding was that it made my old week eligible to trade in their internal Network.

Hmmm. Kinda going off the topic here (which is after all me trying to give away my VV@P unit for only the transfer cost) but if you are talking about rescinding a week you bought perhaps you should focus on making sure you do that first, foremost, and immediately, then worry later about the acquisition of a bargain week.

It sounds to me like what the salesperson told you is likely something that comes out of the back end of a horse (which is not atypical). Maybe there's something I don't know about, but I know I have asked the non-sales folks at Daily Management (managers for the VV properties) about internal trades and been told that the RCI discount is the only way to do it (other than if you are part of a "points" system, which my week is not, and I confess what little I know about has not encouraged me to participate in such).
It's almost certainly not worth whatever you would otherwise be paying them to find out--why throw good money at trying to make your "old week" better?

Of course I would love to have you take my week (this is, after all a thread in the bargain deals forum) but that said, I imagine you'd have a better deal taking any of the timeshares on offer in this forum than listening to a salesperson give vague statements about internal trading that may or may not exist and paying what is certainly a lot more than what anyone here is asking for the privilege.

Feel free to PM/Conversation me if you are interested in discussing further.

And to anyone else, although I've had some interest here, the unit is still available as of this posting...

boris-bear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, Folks, step right up! This unit is still available. Many have "kicked the tires" but noone has actually taken it yet.

So I'm gonna sweeten the deal slightly.
I'll pay the transfer fee of $250 if the buyer pays the other closing costs. If you use LT Transfers they should be about $150 total.

That's a great resort in Kissimmee or a great trader for a nominal initial investment. The original owner of this unit paid almost $12,000 for the very same usage that I've enjoyed (I bought it resale of course) and I'm offering you here.

It's every other year so it's not a huge maintenance fee commitment (you pay every other year)--a great way to get a taste of timesharing or diversify your portfolio.

This is not a points system or a "floating week" that you have to remember to try to get space reserved a year or so out. It's a fixed-week (Week 32, mid-August, high season in Orlando) so if you want to use it then you can, or you can trade it with any exchange company (VV has an affiliation and special deal with RCI, but you can use any exchange) without first having to make a reservation.

Since it's a lockoff unit, you could keep 1BR and trade the other side so that you could go every year if you wanted to.

Note to those with four-legged traveling companions--This resort has pet-friendly units by request.

DianneL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not interested in additional timeshare weeks, however, we have stayed at this resort. Love it. We rarely go to Disney anymore, but when we do we this is our resort of choice. Clean, comfortable and you can't beat the location unless you stay in the park.

Lburman

Reaction score
OK, Folks, step right up! This unit is still available. Many have "kicked the tires" but noone has actually taken it yet.

So I'm gonna sweeten the deal slightly.
I'll pay the transfer fee of $250 if the buyer pays the other closing costs. If you use LT Transfers they should be about $150 total.

That's a great resort in Kissimmee or a great trader for a nominal initial investment. The original owner of this unit paid almost $12,000 for the very same usage that I've enjoyed (I bought it resale of course) and I'm offering you here.

It's every other year so it's not a huge maintenance fee commitment (you pay every other year)--a great way to get a taste of timesharing or diversify your portfolio.

This is not a points system or a "floating week" that you have to remember to try to get space reserved a year or so out. It's a fixed-week (Week 32, mid-August, high season in Orlando) so if you want to use it then you can, or you can trade it with any exchange company (VV has an affiliation and special deal with RCI, but you can use any exchange) without first having to make a reservation.

Since it's a lockoff unit, you could keep 1BR and trade the other side so that you could go every year if you wanted to.

Note to those with four-legged traveling companions--This resort has pet-friendly units by request.

Hello, is this still available