• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How happy are you with your HGVC ownership?

How happy are you with your HGVC ownership?

• I'm very happy with my HGVC ownership.

Votes: 86 47.0%
  • I'm happy, even though there are occasional problems (e.g., trying to reserve the week I want).

Votes: 50 27.3%
  • I'm neutral.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I'm a bit unhappy with my ownership, but have no current plans to dispose of my HGVC ownership.

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • I'm unhappy, want to sell and would not buy another HGVC ownership.

Votes: 21 11.5%

• Total voters

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I created this thread to determine the overall satisfaction we have with HGVC. You can also use this thread to post any overall comments you may have.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Very happy. HGVC is a versatile program with good choices of nice resorts in desirable locales. And through its ability to exchange through RCI, we've enjoyed some wonderful vacations in places as far-flung as Italy and New Zealand. Overall, it's a really nice program. I've also appreciated HGVC's efforts to hold down maintenance fee increases, something some other systems cannot say.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'm happy with it as well. Locations were thin even just a few years ago but HGVC seems to be adding all the time (3 now in SC) according to Mark Wang, the spin off from Hilton hotels will allow them to be more aggressive.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm quite happy with it. The program is easy to manage and flexible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Overall I like Hgvc, and the option of buying at affiliate resorts. My only complaint is they are using RCI. I would prefer II as they have a better choice of quality resorts to trade into.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the "very happy" camp. We use Vegas points for the Big Island and have never had an issue. And W. 57th points, while pricey, are worth it to us.

Cheers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would like more locations. Caribbean would be by #1 choice for expansion outside the US. I would like them to allow Elite 7 day free reservations to be changeable for the required fee. I feel that cancelling to alter the number of days is problematic.

But otherwise I am happy, because for the most part HGVC is decent to deal with. They have customer service that is good, and the VCs are enpowered to assist with items where issues arise. (As compared to Wyndham, it might be interesting to see if or how culture changes at Wyndham with new ex-HGVC CEO taking over there.)

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm pretty happy overall. Although I wasn't initially thrilled about RCI, it has been okay. Each exchange system has their pros and cons.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I am very happy with my ownership in HGVC. Not 100% certain, but pretty sure i have been able to make every reservation I have tried, with the possible exception of some very short notice attempts. I like the fact that they have been adding resorts and destinations recently.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are also happy owners. Actually we are happy with all of our timeshares. Without them we couldn't afford to go to all the nice places we visits.

jestme

Reaction score
I used to be very happy, now, not nearly as much. Their web presence is awful, and should never have been put into production like that. It was the same with Revolution when it was implemented. The change in Open Season rates and the rates structures makes that benefit almost useless now. You can get better rates from Expedia. Changing point values based on location or resort is very confusing and frustrating. The same with adding new "categories" only at the top end of the point scale, and now selling 4 day "Home Season" packages. Their loss of direct exchange with "Club Intrawest" locations means no resort anywhere near driving range for me, and I see no effort to fix that. I have no idea who legally owns my building (Kalia), as it is part hotel and part time share.
No. I'm not as happy as I was when I purchased or for the 5-6 years after that. I don't see it getting better either.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Overall, happy. The "new" website (well before the just improved one went live today?) left much to be desired. I'd say my biggest complaints:
1) Lack of Caribbean inventory (RCI is "meh" in a lot of places)
2) Open Season got mangled, IMO a few years ago.

I'd like to see HGVC add II, but that'll probably never happen. I'll be renting/exchanging with some Marriott folks it looks like for Caribbean and Maui.

I do like the fact that (with the exception of Elite status) resales are treated the same. I definitely like the "deposit" and borrow for points as well.

My biggest regret is that I didn't find TUG before I bought my first direct/developer unit. One of life's lessons.
:)

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should add that I would like to see a wider variety of places to visit. I hope that future expansion focuses on new locations. We have enough Orlando, Las Vegas, Honolulu and Myrtle Beach. The Kihei resort would be great if it ever comes to pass. Some additional resorts in Europe would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I'm very happy with my HGVC membership. As several have mentioned, it would be nice to add more destinations, especially since we lost Club Intrawest. I would like to see HGVC create an affiliate relationship with Bluegreen resorts to replace Club Intrawest. That would quickly add destinations at a low cost. HGVC members could gain resorts in Aruba, New Orleans, Arizona, Bear Lake California, Gatlinburg TN, Wisconsin Dells, etc. Bluegreen would gain resorts in Oahu, Big Island, Miami South Beach, Carlsbad CA, and Hilton Head. I'm sure HGVC could work something out that benefits both sides.

zerocylinders

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also in the very happy camp, with the same wish list others have already posted (more geographical diversity, and please dump RCI as I no longer consider RCI a benefit at all). Also, you might get different responses if you ask whether you are happy with HGVC developer sales process (in which case I would say most not happy, though not as bad as many of the competitors they still do not live up to Marriott and Disney in terms of honesty).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm very happy with my HGVC. I think the point system is one of the two best that I own (Worldmark is the other one) and HGVC has been very owner-friendly. As others have noted, I wish they had a more diverse set of locations, but I think we will see further expansion now that they are an independent company (with shareholders to satisfy).

I look forward to tracking our progress in the future!

Best,

Greg

Elle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany
Disney Saratoga Springs
I will chime in that, even though I am in process of transferring my HGVC ownership, it is a very flexible program--beautiful resorts, the bonus of Hhonors conversion, good service--and I have enjoyed it immensely over my 12 years of ownership. I like to tell people about our Hurricane Matthew experience...we were in Orlando elsewhere and decided to extend our stay there to sit out the hurricane rather than return home to the coast. The resort staff was amazing...I am pretty sure they had extra people on site, and they distributed water, flashlights, and glow sticks in advance of the storm "just in case" power /water would fail and we may have to descend dark staircases...even the bartender stayed late fixing us $5 Hurricane drinks before finally battening down the hatches to go home. The commitment of their hospitality staff was very moving. We felt so well cared for, it was amazing.

jwayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I created this thread to determine the overall satisfaction we have with HGVC. You can also use this thread to post any overall comments you may have.
First of all, I love the HGVC point system and flexibility. All resorts I have visited have been clean, accommodating, and secure. Security is important to me because I either travel alone or with another lady. I also love the conversion to HHonor points feature.
The downside to HGVC? First the decrease in the selection of resorts. Club Intrawest had a good selection. RCI locations seem too remote. Then the loss of Hilton. Of course there is that multiyear agreement, but, they still are not Hilton. I would never have purchased to begin with if they were not an actual part of Hilton; basically, they devalued my ownership. Supposedly they have more freedom to do things their way. I interpret that as more freedom from ethics. They seemed to have slid further downhill since the new independence.

Duanerice

Reaction score
I voted unhappy but it's not with HGVC but timeshares in general. I think HGVC has some of the best units so that's not the issue. We used to rent HGVC units pretty much every year so we bought one. I wish I would have just kept renting. By the time I pay the maintenance fees, membership, etc it really isn't a great deal. And yea I bought resale so didn't spend much - that would have really irked me - lol.

The rental

So that's my vote. If I have to have a timeshare I'm glad it's Hilton. Most of the properties are great.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Happy camper. HGVC keeps adding new resorts in destinations that are attractive to us, and keeps their existing resorts very well maintained. The new website was a bump in the road, but I think an overall improvement once the dust has settled.

F. Cortez

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Kings Land
Just returned from The Big Island, I'm an owner and Kings Land and had a blast. Happy camper! I would like more locations to choose from however and it looks like Maui resort is far from complete. Overall very happy.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I was really happy with HGVC, until my spouse and I started a travel business and started getting travel agent rates for hotel stays. We go to Vegas a lot, so we'll use our HGVC points for those trips and maybe the occasional Florida, Hawaii, or South Carolina trips. But the limited destinations are holding us back. We want to go to newer, more exciting destinations, and we just can't do an RCI exchange for Iceland or Cuba. Even getting into HGVC Portugal is near to impossible.