• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Unit 208 (week 24) also just happens to be selling on eBay at the starting price of $1.

Wow, thats good news, do you by chance know what this unit is like as my friend is trying to figure out if this unit will be noisy...

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Any idea on a fair market price for a week 9 (Mardi Gras) for a 2-bedroom?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea on a fair market price for a week 9 (Mardi Gras) for a 2-bedroom?

Which unit number? Not all 2BRs are equal at the QH. Some are only 500+ sq ft with one bathroom shower only while on the other side of the spectrum some are 1,600 sq ft with jacuzzi tubs and some have 3 bathrooms. The 2BR lock-off is going to be the most valuable even over the penthouse.

If I had to guess on an auction market price from a decent reputation seller I would say $6k for the smaller 2BR and $9k for the lock-off but I might be off. It only takes two bidders that are after owner usage for the price to skyrocket.

One sold on ebay as a buy it now back in 2014 for $3,598 all in. It was a 2BR lock-off and an absolute steal in my opinion. I wish I had seen that one.

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mostly just curious. I see unit 421 sold for over $15,000 on a non-auction site.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mostly just curious. I see unit 421 sold for over $15,000 on a non-auction site.

That is highly doubtful. Those listings sites will mark the items sold but leave the original price. You can't actually know what the unit sold at. They rarely if ever sell at the list prices but it is a great week and sought after so what likely happened is multiple offers were made but it sold for less than half the list price.

Unit 421 is decent size but not a lock-off. Still a fantastic mardi gras unit for sure.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was on sellatimeshare.com - says it sold for $15,205.

I don't know anything about the site or how reputable they are.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what is unit 208 like? My friend just exchanged in and got that unit....thanks

Does anyone know what this unit is like. My girlfriend leaves in 4 weeks and is dying to know if this is s nice unit. Thanks

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this unit is like. My girlfriend leaves in 4 weeks and is dying to know if this is s nice unit. Thanks

All of the units are nice. Unit 208 is one of the few units with a balcony so that's a big plus. It is going to be a small 1BR unit.

Last edited:

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the units are nice. Unit 208 is one of the few units with a balcony so that's a big plus. It is going to be a small 1BR unit.

The only unit at the Quarter House with a balcony is 232.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only unit at the Quarter House with a balcony is 232.

No, that is not correct. Perhaps that is the only one you knew of because you own and stay in that unit. There are a small number of other units that share balconies facing Iberville. These are on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the older section. I believe these units are 207, 208, 307, 308, and possibly two more. They are small 1BR units.

232 is definitely the balcony unit to own though. Chartres is a better street to view than Iberville and it seems a little weird to share a balcony with other units.

Let me know when you want to sell that unit. ;)

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but thanks for the info. We own 2 weeks at the Quarter House - a 1BR deluxe and a penthouse. The penthouse, #516 is the only unit in the resort with a full kitchen (includes an oven). I haven't seen 2 units that are exactly the same. That's one of the many things that make it delightfully unique.

I just contracted to purchase unit 516 week 27. I am not excited about a mid-summer week but I couldn't pass up a penthouse unit. Did you ever have a chance to stay in this unit?

Thanks

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just contracted to purchase unit 516 week 27. I am not excited about a mid-summer week but I couldn't pass up a penthouse unit. Did you ever have a chance to stay in this unit?

Thanks

Dang, a penthouse week, you scored, congrats...how many square feet is this unit?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dang, a penthouse week, you scored, congrats...how many square feet is this unit?

1,574. 16 sq ft less than one of my lock-offs but it should be much larger functionally. My large lock-off unit has quite a bit of sq ft taken up by long hallway space.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1,574. 16 sq ft less than one of my lock-offs but it should be much larger functionally. My large lock-off unit has quite a bit of sq ft taken up by long hallway space.

SWEET, I'm going to have to be on the lookout for this unit on deal...thanks...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
SWEET, I'm going to have to be on the lookout for this unit on deal...thanks...

There are a total of 6 "penthouses" and most of them have 3 bathrooms. I don't know the square footage ranges but my guess is that they all hover around 1,500-1,600. All are on the fifth floor except 319 which is on the 3rd.

The lock-offs have more flexibility because they are all dual full 1BR units, but if I was owner using with my immediate family I would prefer a penthouse over the dual 1BR's.

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a total of 6 "penthouses" and most of them have 3 bathrooms. I don't know the square footage ranges but my guess is that they all hover around 1,500-1,600. All are on the fifth floor except 319 which is on the 3rd.

The lock-offs have more flexibility because they are all dual full 1BR units, but if I was owner using with my immediate family I would prefer a penthouse over the dual 1BR's.

FYI - Unit 232, a lockoff is not classified as a Penthouse unit but it is over 1,500 square feet and has three (3) full bathrooms also.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI - Unit 232, a lockoff is not classified as a Penthouse unit but it is over 1,500 square feet and has three (3) full bathrooms also.

Thanks. I did have that down for 232. 432 also has 3 bathrooms and I assume 332 does as well but I don't have that one confirmed. In several areas of the QH the unit floor plan is the same for the 2nd thru 4th floors.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I never did get back to this post to let everyone know my friend loved the QH but hated unit 208 as she felt is was too noisy, she said she got little to no sleep.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't have very much on 216. It was part of phase 5. The sq ft should be decent. The suite name is Chateau Chartres. Can you give me some additional details from your exchange certificate? Is there an oven or a washer/dryer?

Some single bathroom units are handicap accessible and only have a shower with no tub. Not sure if 216 is like that but I know 318 & 418 are like this and probably 218.

I own a 216 interval but haven't seen it yet. I'm told it's on the larger side (almost 1100 sq. feet) and yes, it has a washer/dryer. Don't know about noise level yet.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never did get back to this post to let everyone know my friend loved the QH but hated unit 208 as she felt is was too noisy, she said she got little to no sleep.

That makes sense since it has a balcony and faces Iberville. Some people would love the balcony and bedroom facing street but others would hate it. I like the larger rooms because some have windows in the living room but the bedroom is interior and quiet.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 216 interval but haven't seen it yet. I'm told it's on the larger side (almost 1100 sq. feet) and yes, it has a washer/dryer. Don't know about noise level yet.

I have it down as 1 bathroom so let me know if that ends up being the case.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That makes sense since it has a balcony and faces Iberville. Some people would love the balcony and bedroom facing street but others would hate it. I like the larger rooms because some have windows in the living room but the bedroom is interior and quiet.

I love the units that have the bedroom area be nice and quiet.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the units that have the bedroom area be nice and quiet.

One of my favorites is 430AB. It has windows in both living rooms but they overlook the tops of connected buildings so those rooms are quiet even if you open the windows. The bedrooms are completely black and extremely quiet. The A side is also on a different level than the B side (5 stairs and around a corner) so it feels more like two separate units than some others.

With the thick brick walls between units you can't even hear someone screaming in the unit next door. The only chance of noise in the interior is it coming from the hall or possible under someones door, into the hall, and then under your own door.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of my favorites is 430AB. It has windows in both living rooms but they overlook the tops of connected buildings so those rooms are quiet even if you open the windows. The bedrooms are completely black and extremely quiet. The A side is also on a different level than the B side (5 stairs and around a corner) so it feels more like two separate units than some others.

With the thick brick walls between units you can't even hear someone screaming in the unit next door. The only chance of noise in the interior is it coming from the hall or possible under someones door, into the hall, and then under your own door.

Oh my gosh that one sounds fabulous, how much sq feet does that unit have...