• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] will they close the deal

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bid on this yesterday:

Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff- Annual 357,000 Pts

yea I know the seller doesnt have a great reputation and I dont have any experience with him, and I know the mf is high, and I know prices have been coming down, so my bid was fairly low.

But Damn! I won, $280; all in

Wouldnt be surprised if I never see a contract

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
I've noticed some crazy-cheap prices for Bonnet Creek for recent auctions...wonder what's going on with prices. Is this a seasonal thing?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Is this a seasonal thing?

Since most Wyndham fees are paid monthly, they don't have as much seasonal swing as other systems.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Ron, congrats that is a fabulous price

I bid on this yesterday:

Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff- Annual 357,000 Pts

yea I know the seller doesnt have a great reputation and I dont have any experience with him, and I know the mf is high, and I know prices have been coming down, so my bid was fairly low.

But Damn! I won, $280; all in

Wouldnt be surprised if I never see a contract

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some crazy-cheap prices for Bonnet Creek for recent auctions...wonder what's going on with prices. Is this a seasonal thing?

There is something happening and its happened for the last several years. Supply goes up at the end of the year and prices come down. As has been said, it doesn't have any thing to do with maintenance fees because most of us pay monthly but something is happening

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $1 Club Wyndham timeshares (less than $500 all-in with fees) never went away. This is just another one.

Potential buyers must be thinking more about holiday shopping than timeshare shopping for summer vacations. Demand declines and prices along with it. That will be the market through February.

Is Ovation still accepting deed-backs?

The real indicator for the market price, I think, is the price of Club Wyndham Access. Those contracts, for some reason, have been attracting the bids.

When 350,000 CWA contracts start appearing on EBay for under $1000 all-in, then things have changed

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a couple smallish contracts with higher than optimal MF (but not insanely high) for less than $0.50/K, All In.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prices peak in August when people are in summer vacation mode.

How do prices now compare to this summary from August 2013?

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1521687&postcount=12

They seem to be going below that level

So far this month Ive contracted for 1,353,000 points, Six contracts range in size from 84000 points to 357000 points total price just under $6000 all in; so yes under 50 cents per 1000

earlier this year I was happy to pay a dollar and have paid as much as a buck and a half.. So Im happy, I just wish I had more cash

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've bought from that seller. It took a a little over 3 months. It was supposed to be in weeks but it was in RCI points. Took another bit to get that straightened out. I think they don't care how cheap it goes for.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought from that seller. It took a a little over 3 months. It was supposed to be in weeks but it was in RCI points. Took another bit to get that straightened out. I think they don't care how cheap it goes for.

I think you must be right, I just got the bill

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you must be right, I just got the bill

You know that's for Edisto Island and not Royal Sea Cliff, right? Crazy high MF there.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know that's for Edisto Island and not Royal Sea Cliff, right? Crazy high MF there.

I asked and was told royal sea cliff
posted on the eBay ad

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked and was told royal sea cliff
posted on the eBay ad

Interesting. I asked and was told Edisto Island.

Dear bigrob8,

Edisto Island
If you need to contact me please send an email to:
benjamintimeshares at gmail dot com
Click the Respond button to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

To: benjamintimeshares
Subject: Details about item: bigrob8 sent a message about Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff- Annual 357,000 Pts - 12/31 Refresh- Usage Starts 2016! #272018466048
Sent Date: Oct-17-15 20:08:35 PDT

Dear benjamintimeshares,

is this for Edisto Island (South Carolina) or Royal Sea Cliff (Hawaii)?

- bigrob8

Looks like you may be the beneficiary of the confusion.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Looks like you may be the beneficiary of the confusion.

Or the unlucky recipient if it's one of the $8/K Edisto units.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or the unlucky recipient if it's one of the $8/K Edisto units.

I thought Ocean Ridge was all converted weeks, which means the points ought to match up with the points chart

There is no week or combination of weeks that match anything on the points chart, so I concluded that this was not ocean ridge.

Of course if Ocean Ridge is UDI... I may have made a mistake

but not too bad, If the 2016 and 2017 points are in the contract That means in Jan Ill have over a million points in the credit pool worth $6/1000 to me or about $6000 at $8/1000 my mf next year will be under $3000, so a $3000 profit in the first year.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Ron, I hope it works out for you, good luck

I thought Ocean Ridge was all converted weeks, which means the points ought to match up with the points chart

There is no week or combination of weeks that match anything on the points chart, so I concluded that this was not ocean ridge.

but not too bad, If the 2016 and 2017 points are in the contract That means in Jan Ill have over a million points in the credit pool worth $6/1000 to me or about $6000 at $8/1000 my mf next year will be under $3000, so a $3000 profit in the first year.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

I own an Ocean Ridge (hopefully temporarily... I've signed the paperwork 3+ months ago selling it but it's still sitting blissfully in the account tapping into the cash register each month). It is a UDI, not a converted fixed week, with an oddball number of points. So they do exist.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own an Ocean Ridge (hopefully temporarily... I've signed the paperwork 3+ months ago selling it but it's still sitting blissfully in the account tapping into the cash register each month). It is a UDI, not a converted fixed week, with an oddball number of points. So they do exist.

the ad quotes an mf of 6.2, if thats what it is, Im ok with Ocean Ridge or a Royal Sea Cliff

I guess the question is did the seller start with a template for Ocean Ridge and miss one line when he converted it to Royal Sea Cliff or did he start with an old Royal Seacliff ad and mess up the edit to Ocean Ridge.

heres what I think happened, The seller sold an Ocean Ridge, He took his ad and edited it for his next sale, Royal Sea Cliff, but missed one line

Check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wyndham-Oce...457272?hash=item3f5506ee78:g:B1kAAOSw5VFWFZz5

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
the ad quotes an mf of 6.2, if thats what it is, Im ok with Ocean Ridge or a Royal Sea Cliff

I guess the question is did the seller start with a template for Ocean Ridge and miss one line when he converted it to Royal Sea Cliff or did he start with an old Royal Seacliff ad and mess up the edit to Ocean Ridge.

heres what I think happened, The seller sold an Ocean Ridge, He took his ad and edited it for his next sale, Royal Sea Cliff, but missed one line

Check it out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wyndham-Oce...457272?hash=item3f5506ee78:g:B1kAAOSw5VFWFZz5

I think you're right. The MF on the Edisto listing is $8.22. Obviously if they screwed up and it's Edisto and not Royal Sea Cliff, and/or the MF is stated wrong, you don't have to move forward; seems you got a deal here.

I ended up getting more than I meant to with some snipes recently and missed out on these as a result:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381440439171?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111798261799?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $1 Club Wyndham timeshares (less than $500 all-in with fees) never went away. This is just another one.

Potential buyers must be thinking more about holiday shopping than timeshare shopping for summer vacations. Demand declines and prices along with it. That will be the market through February.

Is Ovation still accepting deed-backs?

The real indicator for the market price, I think, is the price of Club Wyndham Access. Those contracts, for some reason, have been attracting the bids.

When 350,000 CWA contracts start appearing on EBay for under $1000 all-in, then things have changed
I haven't been here that long, but lately seems like a lot of turn in topics. I'll be there next week, ask how long can you spend on ovation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been here that long, but lately seems like a lot of turn in topics. I'll be there next week, ask how long can you spend on ovation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unless you are going to Sea Harbor Drive I doubt tha you will get a straight answer about Ovation or any information about the secondary market. The people you meet at the resorts will be more interested in selling you more at $200 / 1000 points than taking anything back

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ron,
The only problem with your situation and these types of sellers is the time to get it closed and the time to fix it if there is a problem. I think you have an 85-90% chance that they will transfer the week you want. It may take 3-5 months to do so. On the off chance that it is the wrong unit that they put in your name, you won't want to be paying the MF's on the wrong unit and my guess is it would take 3-8 months to get the unit out of your name. You can't afford to have your accounts frozen because no one is paying the MF's on this incorrect week.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,
The only problem with your situation and these types of sellers is the time to get it closed and the time to fix it if there is a problem. I think you have an 85-90% chance that they will transfer the week you want. It may take 3-5 months to do so. On the off chance that it is the wrong unit that they put in your name, you won't want to be paying the MF's on the wrong unit and my guess is it would take 3-8 months to get the unit out of your name. You can't afford to have your accounts frozen because no one is paying the MF's on this incorrect week.

I understand the risks and at the price I paid, even the price I bid. I'm happy with whatever I get and whenever it closes as long as it closes by next oct 1
I've seen problems and what you describe is easy to solve

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Then it sounds like you are set. :banana: