• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OFFICIAL THREAD: VSE/Starwood 2016 maintenance fees

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
*** Please post your maintenance fees in the database - click here: DATABASE

Thanks again, Nico, for providing this valuable service to Starwood owners! :clap:

----------------------------------------------------------------

WKORV - 2BR Deluxe LockOff unit

Due Date 01/05/2016

Maintenance Fee(s) $ 3,121.30
Tax - If Applicable $ 0.00
Membership Fee - If Applicable $ 145.60
Other* $ 0.00
Interest $ 0.00
Late Fees $ 0.00
MTO PAC Contribution** $ 0.00
Sub-Total
Current Year Charges $ 3,266.90

2015 Maintenance Fee(s) were $3,020.28 so this is a ~3.3% increase. About half of the increase is property taxes, and most of the balance is wages, and maintenance of the shuttles...

For those of us north of the border and paying in CAD, this is effectively a 16+% increase after taking in to account the currency exchange fluctuations since last year. :mad:

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORVN - 2BR LockOff unit (EOY)

Due Date 01/05/2016

Maintenance Fee(s) $ 1,318.52
Membership Fee - If Applicable $ 46.80
Other* $ 0.00
Interest $ 0.00
Late Fees $ 0.00
Sub-Total
Current Year Charges $ 1,365.32

2015 Maintenance Fee(s) were $1,258.67 so this is a ~4.8% increase. Around half is due to property taxes, and most of the rest is wages, and some for gas/electric consumption.

For those of us north of the border and paying in CAD, this is effectively a 18+% increase after taking in to account the currency exchange fluctuations since last year. :mad:

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You win the prize! You are first to report for 2016! :cheer:

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORVN 2016 2BR annual MF's are $2,597.05
WKORVN 2015 2BR annual MF's were $2,477.35

Increase of 4.8%! Why a higher percentage increase for North vs South? These are OF units which will be getting more StarOptions in 2017, but MF's have never been tied to StarOptions.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV 2016 2BR annualMF's are $2,265.20
WKORV 2015 2BR annual MF's were $2,191.88

Increase of 3.34%

Last edited:

lakeshearers

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV 2016 2 BR deluxe (island view) annual MFs are $3121.30
WKORV 2015 2 BR deluxe (island view) annual MFs were $3020.28

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Note:
WKORV Deluxe Villas went up 3.34% ($3020.28 to $3121.30) - this % increase should be same for all EY WKORV VOIs

PamMo - your MFs amounts for WKORV do not show this % increase ??? they should be the same unless I am missing something...

SVN Fee (for those with their 1st VOI in HI) went up 4.31% ($139.58 to $145.60)

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Can we get Sheraton Flex added to the database as a resort option? Might be useful to track MF growth over time. Since it's a points-based system, perhaps the "unit type" should simply be "per-point" since that makes it easy to calculate the MF for any size points package. Or, you could add a few common package sizes (67,100, 81,000, 95,700, 125,000, 148,100 etc.) and populate it that way.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
*** Please post your maintenance fees in the database - click here: DATABASE

Thanks again, Nico, for providing this valuable service to Starwood owners! :clap:

----------------------------------------------------------------

WKORV - 2BR Deluxe LockOff unit

Due Date 01/05/2016

Maintenance Fee(s) $ 3,121.30
Membership Fee - If Applicable $ 145.60
Other* $ 0.00
Interest $ 0.00
Late Fees $ 0.00
Sub-Total
Current Year Charges $ 3,266.90

2015 Maintenance Fee(s) were $3,020.28 so this is a ~3.3% increase. About half of the increase is property taxes, and most of the balance is wages, and maintenance of the shuttles...

For those of us north of the border and paying in CAD, this is effectively a 16+% increase after taking in to account the currency exchange fluctuations since last year. :mad:

Is this for just one week or are you in a points destination club system?

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
PamMo - your MFs amounts for WKORV do not show this % increase ??? they should be the same unless I am missing something...

David, you're right - I had listed the 2015 MF's incorrectly. :eek: I've updated my posts to show the correct MF's and percentage increases over last year for WKORV and WKORVN.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

This is for the one week, of the eight that we own across various properties...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

These maintenance fees are all for Starwood timeshares.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can we get Sheraton Flex added to the database as a resort option?

Everything on TUG (including the weeks database) was created by volunteers. If you'd like to create a Database for Sheraton Flex, I'd by happy to post a link.

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Everything on TUG (including the weeks database) was created by volunteers. If you'd like to create a Database for Sheraton Flex, I'd by happy to post a link.

Is there a benefit to creating a separate database rather than simply adding Sheraton Flex to the resort dropdown menu?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is there a benefit to creating a separate database rather than simply adding Sheraton Flex to the resort dropdown menu?

Just to clarify - the database is not on TUG - it is a website owned by a Tugger.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Just to clarify - the database is not on TUG - it is a website owned by a Tugger.

Yes, I am aware of that. I wasn't asking TUG to update the menu, I was asking Nico.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been paying attention to the Flex stuff but if someone wants to provide me the info, I'd be happy to update the DB to accommodate it. :)

-Nico

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I haven't been paying attention to the Flex stuff but if someone wants to provide me the info, I'd be happy to update the DB to accommodate it. :)

-Nico

Flex is an easy per-point calculation, so my recommendation would be to treat it like a regular resort but call it "Sheraton Flex" and then create the following "unit types": 44,000 HomeOptions, 67,100 HomeOptions, 81,000 HomeOptions, 95,700 HomeOptions, 125,000 HomeOptions, and 148,100 HomeOptions. First usage year should be 2016.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There are 3 types of new programs to deal with where MFs are linked to HOs.
Beyond the Sheraton Flex...
For WSJ CV and SB - Resort Season is linked to MF/HO
For Nanea - Villa Type is linked to MF/HO

The commonality between them is MF per HO (or SO since HO=SO except in how they are used...) with the differentiation being Resort Season for WSJ-CV/SB and Location for Nanea - I assume the same case for Sheraton Flex.

A Field for MF/SO would be useful that could be used for all resorts (or Flex) to compare to between resort or across years.

This could also deal with VOIs that have had their SOs changed.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've updated for Sheraton Flex Program.

I'll have to address the other two when I have more time later tonight. :)

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
There are 3 types of new programs to deal with where MFs are linked to HOs.
Beyond the Sheraton Flex...
For WSJ CV and SB - Resort Season is linked to MF/HO
For Nanea - Villa Type is linked to MF/HO

The commonality between them is MF per HO (or SO since HO=SO except in how they are used...) with the differentiation being Resort Season for WSJ-CV/SB and Location for Nanea - I assume the same case for Sheraton Flex.

A Field for MF/SO would be useful that could be used for all resorts (or Flex) to compare to between resort or across years.

This could also deal with VOIs that have had their SOs changed.

WSJ-CV is not a consistent MF/HO, so we would definitely need every HomeOptions package allotment represented in the "unit type" field.

Sheraton Flex IS a consistent MF/HO. Nanea is a consistent MF/HO for a given villa type.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WSJ-CV is not a consistent MF/HO, so we would definitely need every HomeOptions package allotment represented in the "unit type" field.

Isn't the MF/HO consistent between the two Resort Types for WSJ-CV?
E.g. Are you saying that between the HOs needed for a 2Bd and for a 3Bd (7-day period) in Diamond Season that the MF/HO is not the same? Or is there MF variation for the same villa type within a season?

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Isn't the MF/HO consistent between the two Resort Types for WSJ-CV?
E.g. Are you saying that between the HOs needed for a 2Bd and for a 3Bd (7-day period) in Diamond Season that the MF/HO is not the same? Or is there MF variation for the same villa type within a season?

I believe the MF/HO is the same for a given number of HomeOptions, irrespective of the season; however, the MF/HO does vary depending on the size of the points package(s) purchased. In other words, the total MF for a 81,000 HO package and a 67,100 HO package is going to be much more than the MF for a 148,100 package, even though both scenarios result in 148,100 HomeOptions. That's how it works at WSJ-CV, at least. Sheraton Flex does not work that way.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
SVR Spas (proposed budget)

How come I'm the first to get these bills?!? Am I special? :rolleyes:

I'll update this post when the real MF bill arrives, but history shows that the proposed budget amount that arrives in the mail is rubber-stamped through to the MFs a few weeks later (BoD meeting is scheduled for Oct 21st).

SVR Spas, 2BR dedicated, annual, looks like it will be $753.72 (excluding property taxes) as compared to $717.51 (excluding property taxes) last year, so a ~5.0% increase.

Last edited: