• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Tuggers I don't see posting any more? Where are they?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall he paid a ton of money (close to 100k?) for a penthouse unit in the PH Tower in Las Vegas - I think it was a Westgate. Maybe it was 2 fixed weeks that encompassed Christmas and New Years.. He insisted it was teh deal of a lifetime and a spirited discussion soon followed.

Joe

If so a mark of the worst kind.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your profiles state otherwise. @PerryM pretty much disappeared after Marriott rolled out the Destinations Club program. His last post was in July 2010 and the program rolled out in June 2010. Yes, he last logged into the forum in 2015, but you did come around not long after he "disappeared" as your TUG join date is in 2012.
Since you are so persistent in your conspiracy theory ...

Attached is a section of a .pdf file I found on my computer from 11/6/2011. It revolutionized my thinking about Interval International exchanges through WorldMark and definitely amplified my success in scoring premium New Years ski vacations through Interval International. This is the post that was worth thousands to me, and why I would have sent PerryM 100 bucks if I knew his address.

The TUG post by PerryM was dated December 18, 2007 at 1:32 a.m. (I was not a Tug member in 2007; it was from researching past TUG posts.)

This obviously begs the question, "If I were PerryM, why would I save a .pdf file on my computer 4 years after PerryM posted what he knew?"

So what profile were you using before 2010 to have personally benefited from a number of his posts?
It has been 10 years. I definitely recall joining TUG as a member before reading a post about how to associate my membership to upgrade my "guest" status. It was not automatic then, and I do not know if it is automatically associated now. I must have been a member/guest in 2011 when I saved this file.

Using WM in Interval International 2011.jpg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since you are so persistent in your conspiracy theory ...

Attached is a section of a .pdf file I found on my computer from 11/6/2011. It revolutionized my thinking about Interval International exchanges through WorldMark and definitely amplified my success in scoring premium New Years ski vacations through Interval International. This is the post that was worth thousands to me, and why I would have sent PerryM 100 bucks if I knew his address.

The TUG post by PerryM was dated December 18, 2007 at 1:32 a.m. (I was not a Tug member in 2007; it was from researching past TUG posts.)

This obviously begs the question, "If I were PerryM, why would I save a .pdf file on my computer 4 years after PerryM posted what he knew?"

It has been 10 years. I definitely recall joining TUG as a member before reading a post about how to associate my membership to upgrade my "guest" status. It was not automatic then, and I do not know if it is automatically associated now. I must have been a member/guest in 2011 when I saved this file.
I am not making a claim you are PerryM, just posting to the effect of your responses raise question as to the timeline. Your profile clearly indicates you joined the forums in September 2012;
1629083933023.png

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not making a claim you are PerryM, just posting to the effect of your responses raise question as to the timeline. Your profile clearly indicates you joined the forums in September 2012;
View attachment 38750
No, I associated my TUG membership with my guest profile on September 18, 2012. That is what your highlight reflects. I saved a .pdf file from TUG on 11/6/2011, almost a year earlier from a post by PerryM in 2007. Apply a little logic.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No, I associated my TUG membership with my guest profile on September 18, 2012. That is what your highlight reflects. I saved a .pdf file from TUG on 11/6/2011, almost a year earlier from a post by PerryM in 2007. Apply a little logic.
I am applying logic. What I stated is how it works. That date indicates the date you joined the forums, not the date you associated your TUG membership to your forums profile using the BBS Member Codeword. I joined the forum in May 2006, but I didn't become a paid TUG member until February 2007. However that date in my profile still shows May 2006.
1629086125214.png

You must have been using a different profile on the forums other than @CO skier prior to September 2012 or you were just browsing and not signed into the forums. You certainly could have been browsing the forums not signed in for years before actually signing up and posting.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
You must have been using a different profile on the forums other than @CO skier prior to September 2012 or you were just browsing and not signed into the forums. You certainly could have been browsing the forums not signed in for years before actually signing up and posting.
There you have it. Logical.

I honestly do not remember which; it has been 10 years.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There you have it. Logical.

I honestly do not remember which; it has been 10 years.
That's it! You answered the question. You were using the @PerryM profile prior to September 2012. :D

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure what happened to @Sea Six? Hasn't been seen or posted on TUG since January.
He posted on the jeopardy thread recently and I think he is still around. He caught Covid early but recovered. Many years sea six, conch man, Joann from Lehigh, jlb all met for lunch at our club in Florida
Digging up an old thread. I think this may be the obituary for @Sea Six. Can't really find anything online about him, but it matches up with a Facebook profile of the Carl that I met at the Westin Lagunamar many years ago. Even photos of him at the Westin Lagunamar in Cancun. If correct, it looks like he passed only a few days after last posting on TUG in January 2021.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Digging up an old thread. I think this may be the obituary for @Sea Six. Can't really find anything online about him, but it matches up with a Facebook profile of the Carl that I met at the Westin Lagunamar many years ago. Even photos of him at the Westin Lagunamar in Cancun. If correct, it looks like he passed only a few days after last posting on TUG in January 2021.
Wow. The Facebook picture does resemble the person I met many years ago snd the age seems correct

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did find an obituary with his name several years ago but he had a rather common name so I was not sure if it was him or not.
A month ago an obituary for a 101 year old woman named Dorothy was sent out to our hoa. I thought it was Dorothy on the corner. Imagine my surprise when I was playing golf, her shutter went up and she appeared on the lanai. There are two 101 year old Dorothy in our neighborhood. to top it off the obit mentioned daughter Roe and Dorothy on the corner has daughter Roe.

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then there was another guy? He was a machinist / welder? Had his own shop. Used to post about Marsh on Marriott points. How to get the best deal on hotel stays? Can't think of his name?
Camachinist is who you are referring to. I believe he went to another another timeshare board when there was a blow-up years ago of TUG members who had major disagreements on what could be posted on this BB.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Camachinist is who you are referring to. I believe he went to another another timeshare board when there was a blow-up years ago of TUG members who had major disagreements on what could be posted on this BB.
So, is that other forum officially defunct now? I just tried to go there and got a popup for username and password. Not the username and password screen you would get to log in to the forum. Looked like a popup to access something else. I clicked cancel and got an access denied.

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, is that other forum officially defunct now? I just tried to go there and got a popup for username and password. Not the username and password screen you would get to log in to the forum. Looked like a popup to access something else. I clicked cancel and got an access denied.
I don't know as I rarely went there to begin with and have now forgot what they called it. I check in here on occasion to see what is going on but since we sold all our timeshares in 2012 and only use getaways, which seem to rapidly be disappearing and we will not be renewing our II membership when it expires, and most likely to join the ranks of former Tuggers.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
According to ICANN, the registration for the domain will expire on 2022-05-24 20:09:09 UTC, so we will see if it is renewed. Last time I was able to log on, there was very little activity, that was over a year ago.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know as I rarely went there to begin with and have now forgot what they called it. I check in here on occasion to see what is going on but since we sold all our timeshares in 2012 and only use getaways, which seem to rapidly be disappearing and we will not be renewing our II membership when it expires, and most likely to join the ranks of former Tuggers.
It looks like it is back up. Also looks to be a new version of forum software. So perhaps they were upgrading and why it was down when I checked earlier in the month.

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Emmy was iconnections and Taffy something, and she seems to be having problems getting back to TUG. I miss her and need to just call. She and Peter were people we tried to see while on Maui. I hope they go in 2021. We plan on staying on Maui for at least six weeks next year. What else am I going to do with all of my weeks?
I ran into Emmy’s husband in Puerto Vallarta in January. She has dementia and is no longer living at home.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I haven't seen @Saintsfanfl around in a while. Looks like last login to TUG was in August 2021.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I ran into Emmy’s husband in Puerto Vallarta in January. She has dementia and is no longer living at home.

I always thought he was the one having problems. That's too bad. She always had good stories to tell of all their travels.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I always thought he was the one having problems. That's too bad. She always had good stories to tell of all their travels.
I thought so too. I had the pleasure of meeting Emmy once and we both participated in a other chat group online. She was a lovely lady.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

I am sorry to hear about that too. Emmy and Peter were lovely.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I thought so too. I had the pleasure of meeting Emmy once and we both participated in a other chat group online. She was a lovely lady.

I was set up to meet her one time on Maui but she had to cancel her trip so it never worked out. We talked many times through private message also.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine