• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Tuggers I don't see posting any more? Where are they?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not going to read all the posts but why not a hall of fame? Seems some of you are really attached to others.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see this thread pop back to life after a year! :)

Threads do that better than people.

Although one forum I participate on elsewhere online had someone leave (and a friend of theirs announce their untimely death) only to later re-appear. Apparently the rumours of their death were exaggerated.

Reactions: RX8

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Frank introduced me to TUG.

There was also a very active English member from I think around Bristol ?? Cant recall name
..and Blues. He is still active ?
His name was Keith.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just refuting the conspiracy theory from the source.

I have no interest in Marriot Vacation Club, unlike PerryM. I do not recall that he ever posted in the Wyndham Forum, so there is that circumstantial evidence against the conspiracy theory.

What inquiring minds really want to know is where joestein came up with his conspiracy theory that somehow I am PerryM of old? That would be a hoot.

I thought you showed up a little bit after Perry M disappeared andI thought I have read some posts either by you or others that connected you to Perry M.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought for sure I read it on here in a vistana thread
@DavidnRobin posted in the WSJ thread in 2019 @jarta ‘s name followed by RIP, although that may have been metaphorical, re-reading for context. I originally took it literally.

So I just googled him. He isn’t licensed as an attorney anymore in IL, so that could mean he is dead, or maybe just retired, because I could not find an obituary. He has disappeared from the internet. However, I did find that he had been banned from several other forums for his typical behavior, so we weren’t the only ones suffering. But he would be at LEAST 80 at this point so who knows If he is still alive or not? But he’s “Dead” here, regardless, which is all that matters, really.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to @Sea Six? Hasn't been seen or posted on TUG since January.
He posted on the jeopardy thread recently and I think he is still around. He caught Covid early but recovered. Many years sea six, conch man, Joann from Lehigh, jlb all met for lunch at our club in Florida

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but a person from where I grew up is putting together a fourth pictoral history of The ancestors who settled my neighborhood. i sent him my 1950 first grade class picture and I could name people in it that I have not seen for sixty plus years It is funny what we remember

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I missed DaveM...... I know he moved to Sun City on Hilton Head Island, SC some years ago. He was a Marriott's expert. IMHO.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
He posted on the jeopardy thread recently and I think he is still around. He caught Covid early but recovered. Many years sea six, conch man, Joann from Lehigh, jlb all met for lunch at our club in Florida
By "recent" it would have to be at least from January 2021. He hasn't been seen online or posted since then.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
He was saying jeopardy should be taken off the air and wheel of fortune, quite vehemently. It was November 15, 2020 and the post was recently resurrected. Had levar burton in title
Yeah, I saw that post too. It was quite a while ago and his postings seemed to have stopped completely back in January. I met him a few years ago when we stayed at the Westin Lagunamar.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought you showed up a little bit after Perry M disappeared andI thought I have read some posts either by you or others that connected you to Perry M.
I do not know when PerryM "disappeared." I definitely joined TUG in time (years before his absence?) to personally benefit from a number of his posts.

Rumors. I never saw any of the rumored posts, or would have set the record straight then. :shrug:

In the end, it does not matter to me. PerryM was clearly more knowledgeable about Interval International than I was, so in a way, it would be a compliment that I cannot live up to.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PerryM bought a Honua Kai unit on Maui. Not a timeshare. He talked about renting it successfully. He was a bigtime renter. He saw value in timeshares as a means of income.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I do not know when PerryM "disappeared." I definitely joined TUG in time (years before his absence?) to personally benefit from a number of his posts.
Your profiles state otherwise. @PerryM pretty much disappeared after Marriott rolled out the Destinations Club program. His last post was in July 2010 and the program rolled out in June 2010. Yes, he last logged into the forum in 2015, but you did come around not long after he "disappeared" as your TUG join date is in 2012. So what profile were you using before 2010 to have personally benefited from a number of his posts?

About PerryM
PerryM was very active in the Marriott DC speculation and rumor threads. He would talk about how awful the program was likely to be. After Marriott rolled out the DC program, the program was the best thing since sliced bread. He started his own website and forum (TimeshareWizard) and also created an e-book. He tried to syphon people from TUG over to his Timeshare Wizard forums. I don't know if his profile was permanently banned from TUG, but there were a few bans and post deletions after he tried to promote his own website. Up until about six or seven years ago that site was still active but had been pretty much defunct for many years. Looking at ICANN it looks like he may have let it expire as it has a domain registration date now sometime in 2017 and is parked and parked and for sale.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have been on tug at least twenty years and cannot remember Perry M I think I don’t read the name of the poster, just the post.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
i have been on tug at least twenty years and cannot remember Perry M I think I don’t read the name of the poster, just the post.
You must not own Marriott?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

Perry hasn't been banned from all of TUG. If I'm remembering correctly, in the wake of the DC inception and Perry's complete turnaround when he realized he could make money off it, DaveM warned him that every one of his posts which promoted his new website/business would be automatically deleted. Instead of stopping his own business promotion, Perry chose to stop posting in any TUG forums on any subject.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Perry hasn't been banned from all of TUG. If I'm remembering correctly, in the wake of the DC inception and Perry's complete turnaround when he realized he could make money off it, DaveM warned him that every one of his posts which promoted his new website/business would be automatically deleted. Instead of stopping his own business promotion, Perry chose to stop posting in any TUG forums on any subject.
I wonder how much money he really made off of it :ponder:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your profiles state otherwise. @PerryM pretty much disappeared after Marriott rolled out the Destinations Club program. His last post was in July 2010 and the program rolled out in June 2010. Yes, he last logged into the forum in 2015, but you did come around not long after he "disappeared" as your TUG join date is in 2012. So what profile were you using before 2010 to have personally benefited from a number of his posts?

About PerryM
PerryM was very active in the Marriott DC speculation and rumor threads. He would talk about how awful the program was likely to be. After Marriott rolled out the DC program, the program was the best thing since sliced bread. He started his own website and forum (TimeshareWizard) and also created an e-book. He tried to syphon people from TUG over to his Timeshare Wizard forums. I don't know if his profile was permanently banned from TUG, but there were a few bans and post deletions after he tried to promote his own website. Up until about six or seven years ago that site was still active but had been pretty much defunct for many years. Looking at ICANN it looks like he may have let it expire as it has a domain registration date now sometime in 2017 and is parked and parked and for sale.

I recall he paid a ton of money (close to 100k?) for a penthouse unit in the PH Tower in Las Vegas - I think it was a Westgate. Maybe it was 2 fixed weeks that encompassed Christmas and New Years.. He insisted it was teh deal of a lifetime and a spirited discussion soon followed.

Joe

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@DavidnRobin posted in the WSJ thread in 2019 @jarta ‘s name followed by RIP, although that may have been metaphorical, re-reading for context. I originally took it literally.

So I just googled him. He isn’t licensed as an attorney anymore in IL, so that could mean he is dead, or maybe just retired, because I could not find an obituary. He has disappeared from the internet. However, I did find that he had been banned from several other forums for his typical behavior, so we weren’t the only ones suffering. But he would be at LEAST 80 at this point so who knows If he is still alive or not? But he’s “Dead” here, regardless, which is all that matters, really.
I did find an obituary with his name several years ago but he had a rather common name so I was not sure if it was him or not.