• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Tuggers I don't see posting any more? Where are they?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I imagine some may be in heaven in the timeshare in the sky.

There have been gaps in my activity over the last few years. But now I got the Tug Bug back.

Let me start by asking... Maybe he changed his handle.

The hockey guy in the Marriott Forum? PUCK.. was it Puckman. He is famous for the Puck Trick?
Tried looking up in the members. Can't locate him?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also I know that Fern Passed a few years back. Can you all please fill me in on who I may have missed that have unfortunately passed?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveM was the big Kahuna in the Marriott forum. I remember he retired. Got into a water sport accident. But he was doing well? Dave if you are you out there give me a sign.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then there was another guy? He was a machinist / welder? Had his own shop. Used to post about Marsh on Marriott points. How to get the best deal on hotel stays? Can't think of his name?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve Chase I remember. What was his handle? I remember when he passed.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Then there was I think his name was Ron Parise? He was a big Wydham owner/renter. Always had good tips on how to rent out Wyndham.

He just posted today and yesterday about Wyndham.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then there was PerryM. Steamboat Bill. They were characters. But I think they have been permanently quarantined on the outside. Their own choice or own self bad behavior.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Clearly his name is easier to remember

I think I remember him because he was the first one that I "knew" from his postings that later passed away. I also remember a story about his member name having something to do with the old OS2 operating system.

Just don't ask me what I had for breakfast.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they come and go. You can click their blue username on an old post or in 'Members' if you remember their username. It won't tell you what happened to them, but will list their latest posting.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Then there was I think his name was Ron Parise? He was a big Wydham owner/renter. Always had good tips on how to rent out Wyndham.

I think Ron sold off everything several years ago when he moved to California. Last I knew, he was out of the timeshare game, and enjoying life on his huge boat.

Dave

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Ron sold off everything several years ago when he moved to California. Last I knew, he was out of the timeshare game, and enjoying life on his huge boat.

Dave
Wow! He dodged this covid crisis. Good move.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI

Dave

He actually settled with Wyndham and sold the boat. :)

He just posted about it yesterday and today.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
He actually settled with Wyndham and sold the boat. :)

He just posted about it yesterday and today.

Thanks. I didn't see his post. Hope he's doing okay.

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have found the Member search option doesn't always turn people up. I was wondering where another user was and couldn't find them, but later found their posts in an old thread.

Here is @puckmanfl. He hasn't been seen round these parts in almost four years!

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found the Member search option doesn't always turn people up. I was wondering where another user was and couldn't find them, but later found their posts in an old thread.

Here is @puckmanfl. He hasn't been seen round these parts in almost four years!
Right. Member search not what it used to be? Thanks for finding puck. However the mystery continues. Where did he go?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
@PerryM and @SteamboatBill are in self exile as far as I know. Had falling out with previous members. Perry tried to go his own way with his own forum back when Marriott introduced DC and it had a little traction but then petered out. Last I found was that the domain no longer existed. It is possible he is here just posting under a different username.

There was @cmh that passed away several years ago. His avatar was of John Candy.

Others come, and then go. Some stick around longer than others. Why some move on is a mystery.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Right. Member search not what it used to be? Thanks for finding puck. However the mystery continues. Where did he go?
I think @SueDonJ may have had more recent contact with Puck, though perhaps still years ago. Not sure. Last I heard was that life just took over.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Another person missing is "Jennie" she was the president of timeshare group in New York state. She has not posted since 2016.