• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Zenni Optical - Not Recommended

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
After reading a thread here suggesting Zenni Optical, I ordered a pair of progressive lens sunglasses. When I received them I actually posted a positive note that they were pretty good for the low price.

A day later (on the first wearing) a lens fell out. I contacted Zenni and was told to send the glasses back for repair (So far, so good).

Today, I received a new frame and screwdriver. They still have my lenses. I called again, and was told they will send my lenses back, and I'll have to take the frame and lenses to a local optician for repair. These are 1/2 rimless frames...I have no idea how to repair them.

I'm sure there will be others that have experienced no problems. That's just the way it is.

I asked them why they didn't just send my glasses back after repair as I was told, their response was there database showed no RMA. I was told I didn't need one by the first Customer Service Rep, just to send the glasses back with a letter and the original order number.

In summary, I would never purchase from Zenni again. If you have a problem with their glasses, you're out of luck in the Customer Service Department. In addition, their Customer Service Supervisor had no customer service skills whatsoever.

After this experience, I called the San Rafael BBB and learned that they have 73 complaints against them. Now, it's 74.

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Thanks For The Warning.

I'm sticking with the optical branch out at Price Club.

Plus, progressive lenses are no good for old crosseyed guys anyway.

Full Disclosure: I am an old crosseyed guy -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

CatLovers

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be others that have experienced no problems.

Put us down for five pairs that we are very happy with!! The way I see it, even if I get one bad pair (and then perhaps subsequent poor customer service), I am still wa-a-a-a-y ahead in savings compared to what I would pay to a dispensing optician for just one pair closer to home.

gateacher

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair back in July and have been pleased. Mine are also the half rimless type and are progressive lenses. I figured that it was worth the gamble......$40 vs. $400. If they last for a year, I'll be pleased. I also have 4 other family members who have ordered and there have been no problems. Sorry that you had the problems. I know that I have recommended Zenni in the past.

Wonka

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I expected to find some "happy campers" of Zenni Optical. I was happy too until the lenses fell out the first time I wore them. And, that didn't even bother me when they said they'd repair the glasses, until the repair ended up being a screwdriver and frames without the lenses. I paid about $70. A bargain...maybe. But, since I'll most likely just toss them (if I ever get the lenses back). It would probably cost another $70 bucks to get the lenses installed (if I can find someone to do it). Most opticians aren't eager to repair other's glasses.

Since I purchased based on recommendations here on TUG (and I followed with a recommendation), I thought I should make people aware that once received if the glasses aren't what you expect in quality or if they need repairs...Zenni won't help much.

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry...what a frustrating experience! But I also wanted to say that Costco's customer service on their glasses is outstanding. We bought glasses for our DD and one lens dropped out after three days. Took them back, the clerk wrestled with them and then said, "The frames must be defective. I'm going to order you another pair."

We brought her in when the new ones arrived, and while he was fitting them to her...the lens popped out. He fussed with it and then said, "Why don't you just pick out another pair? There's something wrong with the design of these." She chose another pair, and Costco made up the new ones. No additional charges for any of this.