• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your timeshare resort offer FREE internet?

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity here and maybe informational to other owners or potential exchangers, how many timeshare resorts in FL offer FREE internet service to their owners? :shrug: If yours charges, please state what the charges are.

frenchieinme :hi:

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
FLBR offers FREE WiFi

Just out of curiosity here and maybe informational to other owners or potential exchangers, how many timeshare resorts in FL offer FREE internet service to their owners? :shrug: If yours charges, please state what the charges are.

Hi, I am currently staying at The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort #2121 and they offer FREE WiFi throughout the resort and FREE use of computers in the lobby.

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
atlantic terrace

Atlantic Terrace, South Daytona Shores, has free internet in office. If you are lucky, you may find a spot in your unit that your laptop may connect to. I love it when timeshares have free internet in each unit.

Have you seen the cartoon where the lady is hanging off her balcony(laptop in hands), trying to hook up? LOL

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Enchanted Isle offers free internet.

Other FL resorts that I've stayed at that offer free internet are:

Charter Club of Marco
Seawatch on the beach
Beach Club I
Vistana resort in Jensen beach
Vistana resort in Orlando
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Ocean Palms Wyndham
Marriott Grande Vista
Coconut Palms in Ft. Lauderdale
Surf Club Marco Marriott
Port Largo Villas
Golden Strand in Sunny Isles (they do charge a resort fee though).
HGVC I-Drive
DVC resorts are now free.

Bluegreen has AT&T Wayport so for those of us who have a home or cell AT&T account it's free otherwise there's a charge. :crash:

That's all I can remember now. :)

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, Panama City Beach, FL has free wifi in all the units and around the resort. They also have a computer for use in the lobby.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Celebrity Indian Shores, FL (a.k.a. Legacy vacation Club)

Charges a fee (as of March, 2011, anyhow) to gain Wi-Fi access via a third party provider, with which the guest must register and pre-pay with a credit card for a day, multiple days, or a week. I don't recall the amount of the charge. It wasn't exorbitant but it's still "nickel and diming" people; one - time installation of a router for the one small building on site would cost them peanuts. They would, however, apparently prefer to get their "cut" from the third party provider for each registering / paying party instead....

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Calini Beach Club, Siesta Key, FL, (#5026, or CNC) has free WiFi.

Margariet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Palm Beach Shores - free, but very slow.
HGVC South Beach - free (only a few hours it didn't work).
Bayfront Inn Fifth, Naples - free and good.
Little Gull, Longboat Key - free, but only available at activities room.

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Longboat Bay Club also has free wireless

keysfan

Reaction score
Coconut Beach Resort in Key West offers free wireless throughout the property - but it does not always work. The resort did not anticipate the capacity it needed to accomodate each person having multiple devices. I believe an upgrade is being planned.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Coconut Beach Resort in Key West offers free wireless throughout the property - but it does not always work. The resort did not anticipate the capacity it needed to accomodate each person having multiple devices. I believe an upgrade is being planned.

That is my experience with most "free" internet access at resorts. It is some type of home level wireless router set up near the office that is not capable of handling the amount of connections & use a resort generates.

It costs money to get an acceptable level of service in every unit especially at a bigger property. Since the vast majority of resorts do NOT supply it at no charge - it is never free as someone has to pay it - do you want your fees going to give it away to all your guests while you will likely pay again for most resorts you visit? A reasonable fee is not out of line for an on demand type service not everyone wishes to pay for or use.

Just my opinion. If I get charged too much I just use my cell data plan. Easy, cheap (it too is already paid for) and works virtually anywhere I go. I don't want to pay again at multiple resorts in my annual fees.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Club Intrawest in Sandestin has free wireless.

Lee55

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club,
Marriott Aruba Surf Club,
& Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Grande Vista does.

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westgate Lakes in Orlando is now offering owners FREE internet access and guests get it also a nominal coat.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I believe all Marriott resorts offer free internet. It is really only free for those that don't own at them. There is a line item in the financial budget that covers internet at the resort. It costs each owner about $5 per week. Not bad really, but those that don't use it pay for something they won't use and are subsidizing those that do use it.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this, and I almost never bother with hotel/resort connectivity, because it is often slow/spotty. I've taken to carrying my 4G MiFi with me when I travel, and more than half the time end up just relying on it rather than crappy local connectivity.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe all Marriott resorts offer free internet. It is really only free for those that don't own at them. There is a line item in the financial budget that covers internet at the resort. It costs each owner about $5 per week. Not bad really, but those that don't use it pay for something they won't use and are subsidizing those that do use it.

I also believe that all Marriott resorts and hotels offer free internet to all guest.

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF it's 'free', it really means that YOU are paying for it through your maintenance fees somewhere...

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
IF it's 'free', it really means that YOU are paying for it through your maintenance fees somewhere...

Exactly. It seems too many don't realize that everything any resort offers, unless it happens to be subsidized by the developer/sales, is paid for in their fees. When they want "free" phones, internet, on site amenities, newspapers, coffee, welcome parties, pool side entertainment - whatever it may be - then ask why fees are "too high". There is a basic misunderstanding of how a timeshare/condominium operates. Every dollar spent comes from one source - the owners. There is no "them" paying for the extras - it comes directly from their pockets.

I enjoy a fully featured resort experience too. But I'm too well aware that free means I'm subsidizing it and not everything is needed. I'll pay a reasonable fee - say $20/week - to get Internet service if I need it. Why pay even $5 extra if I'll never take advantage of it or if I'll have to pay that at the majority of other resorts I might trade into. Some things have to be supplied - I never use the resort phones but understand that legally they have to be able to offer it for emergencies or general contact with guests. But I don't need a "free" newspaper. If I want one I'll buy it. Same for "free" hot dogs by the pool. If I want that I can buy it - I don't need to have it in my annual fees each year.

I expect to have Internet available at any resort I stay at. But I also expect that I'll pay a small amount if I actually decide to use it. That is the fairest way to handle it for everyone IMO.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Paying For Internet 1 Way Or Another.

We are currently enjoying our 2nd back-to-back Kissimmee FL timeshare week. I am typing on the electric internet right now via a connection I am not paying for -- i.e., "free" wi-fi that somebody else is paying for, possibly the timeshare company (Wyndham), but more likely the individual fee-paying owners. (Thank you, owners.)

I am also drinking free coffee from a dispenser over in the lobby of the check-in building just across the way. (Thank you, Mr. Wyndham.)

At the timeshare where we stayed last week, wi-fi was not "free." If we wanted to connect via resort wi-fi, the cost would have been $19.95 or so for the whole week. Since we already pay for portable wi-fi through our tiny Palm Pixi cell phone on the Verizon Wireless network, we just used that for internet, rather than paying again for a service we already have covered.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​