• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your favorite Trader Joe's items

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Oh - how could I forget. Mochi ice cream. That stuff is often gone within hours of getting home.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
TJ's has a nice policy on olive oils. Just grab a store employee and (s)he will open any bottle(s) and give you a sample taste. That way it's not a situation where you buy the product based on the appearance of the label. Also, if you do buy a bottle and after tasting it at home, you can bring it back for a full refund if you don't like it.

I keep searching for a table full of olive oil bottles with little sampling cups so you can compare one to another. So far I'm still on the look-out. Maybe that's a real career path!!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I keep searching for a table full of olive oil bottles with little sampling cups so you can compare one to another. So far I'm still on the look-out. Maybe that's a real career path!!

Go to the Oil & Vinegar store in Bel Square. Last December they had two tables filled with samples of olive oils and vinegars, with little cubes of bread for dipping. I remember being totally captivated by a pomegranate vinegar.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh - how could I forget. Mochi ice cream. That stuff is often gone within hours of getting home.

Ah. That we get at H-Mart, the big Korean grocery chain. It used to be called Han Ah Reum. Do you have those on the West Coast? They have an entire aisle of ice cream treats. We really like the ice cream fish--they come in a black-and-red wrapper. They have ice cream on the inside with a red-bean paste layer, and the outside is like a wafer cone, and the whole thing is in the shape of a fish. Very pretty AND very tasty.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Two Buck Chuck!!!

For a limited period of time each year (and it is NOW), TJs brings in a red wine (under the Charles Shaw label) called Valdiguie. Very nice for $2 - give it a try.

I liked it so much last year that I watched for it this year. I bought 2 cases when it came in to my local TJs about a week ago.

Other things at TJs that I don't see listed so far:
- peanut butter
- most of their coffees are quite good

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Their sprouted whole grain bread is excellent and well-priced.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mochi ice cream - all flavors.

I buy one box to bring home and one to eat before getting home (hide evidence).

:eek:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mochi ice cream - all flavors.

I buy one box to bring home and one to eat before getting home (hide evidence).

:eek:

I'll have to remember that. But if I know DW, she'll detect the mango on my breath.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll have to remember that. But if I know DW, she'll detect the mango on my breath.

That's my all-time favorite. Remember to stash the box & plastic formed inner box under the seat. This will also save on calories. :)
I like the Green Tea next.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Beagle, Lucy, gives "two paws up" for their turkey jerkey and their peanut butter doggie biscuits. She also likes the Mochi ice cream.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful giving dogs jerky made for people. It has more salt than your dog (or people) need, but it is more bad (?) for the dogs. My dh loves the turkey & buffalo jerky, but I wouldn't give it to our mini-poodles!

Also, minor correction, the dark chocolate I recommended above is 72%, not 70%.

lbertera

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved/miss the frozen key lime pie that they use to sell. Besides the great wine selection, the peanut butter and the flavor pasta are my favorites.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful giving dogs jerky made for people. It has more salt than your dog (or people) need, but it is more bad (?) for the dogs. My dh loves the turkey & buffalo jerky, but I wouldn't give it to our mini-poodles!

Also, minor correction, the dark chocolate I recommended above is 72%, not 70%.

Thanks, but she's going on 15 and has done okay with it. I think it's the thing that keeps her going !Her kidney functions are wnl and her vet said, "fine,, whatever gives her joy". As a Beagle, food is her #1 interest ! They'll eat until they explode. I had one that ate at box of French pastries (for our 10th anniversary party). She ended up in the ICU at Tufts with pancreatitis. That's the most expensive ($1,110) box of pastries ever. Who knew that she could jump up and in through the car window ???

Last edited:

Barbeque

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Ruffino Chianti Wine (Tops the LIST)
Nitrate Free Bacon and Ham and Cheeses
All kinds of nuts
Rice Tortillas and Rice Pasta
Fresh Veggies including Maui Onions and Just the Leaves Romaine and Organic Salad Mixes
Organic Grapes apples and Bananas
Organic Applesauce , Salsas especially the Salsa Verde
Organic Cage Free Eggs
Half and Half
Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil
Rice Tortillas
Frozen Fish and Shellfish
Buffalo Burgers Frozen
Boneless Frozen Chicken thighs
Organic Coffee
Organic Green Tea Bags
Stevia Spices Sea Salt
It is my favorite grocery store followed by Costco

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations. DW and I have been in Redmond all week, painting murals on walls and decorating the grandurchins' new rooms. I took a break and went for an outing to TJ's. Got enough 3-buck-Chuck to hold the pickup down going over the passes. Along with some dried cherries, crackers, olives, cheeses and a few other food items we don't readily find at home.

This is my idea of Black Friday shopping!

Jim Ricks

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to TJ's today, too! I forgot I like their mango tea. Also got a lot of dried fruit and nuts, coffee (I never bought that there before, but I've had samples that were all good), Greek yogurt, and their olive tapenade (from the refrigerator case, not the kind in the glass jars--that's not as good). We also got some mango mochi that never saw the light of the freezer. :wave:

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My new T.J. fav are their small frozen cheesecakes, has six slices, peppermint or blueberry blintz for $1.99!!!
My TJ's has the peppermint cheesecake, but not the blueberry blintz. I asked at the customer service desk and they said that it had been discontinued. :(

Cabot 75% cheddar cheese
I've bought that at a regular supermarket for $3.50-4.50, so I wanted to see what TJ's had it for, but alas, not at my store. :(

davenlib

TUG Member
Reaction score
they have frozen garlic cubes as well as parsley and cilantro. each container is about 2.5 ounces and contains 20 cubes of frozen chopped cilantro, garlic or parsely.. It is great for cooking..just pop in in and you are good to go...

frozen pasta alfredo
fresh pizza dough
brie
tejava bottled tea
2 buck chuck
chocolate covered peanut butter filled pretzels...yummo
great fresh dips/cheeses and horsdovres for eating with a nice glass of wine
I can trust that whatever I buy there is healthier than the same at regular grocery store..regarding preservatives, hormones, sugar, ect:rofl:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
they have frozen garlic cubes as well as parsley and cilantro. each container is about 2.5 ounces and contains 20 cubes of frozen chopped cilantro, garlic or parsely.. It is great for cooking..just pop in in and you are good to go...

fresh pizza dough
brie

I was just there today! Darn, I would have gotten those frozen herbs. They sound great. I did get dough and brie, though.

BTW...the reason I went back so soon was to return a two-pound can of their Classic coffee. It was awful--so weak it didn't even taste like coffee, it just tasted like hot water. I never bring things back to any grocery store, but this cost $10, sooooooo. They were really nice about it and told me to shop and they would take it off my bill at the end, which they did, absolutely no argument or problem. Very nice!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was just there today! Darn, I would have gotten those frozen herbs. They sound great. I did get dough and brie, though.

BTW...the reason I went back so soon was to return a two-pound can of their Classic coffee. It was awful--so weak it didn't even taste like coffee, it just tasted like hot water. I never bring things back to any grocery store, but this cost $10, sooooooo. They were really nice about it and told me to shop and they would take it off my bill at the end, which they did, absolutely no argument or problem. Very nice!

I don't particularly care for Trader Joe's coffee. I tried for years to replicate the coffee I would occasionally get in a restaurant, with little success. Trader Joe's French Roast and Italian Roast was the best I could do, but it still wasn't what I wanted. I had given up on all grocery store coffee, Starbucks French Roast, blah blah.

Then i went to a friends hose, and he made the coffee I wished I could make. So I watched him make his coffee; the only difference I could see was the he used Starbucks Sulawesi. So I bought some Sulawesi from Starbucks, and that was my missing piece. Now I brew almost exclusivly Starbucks Sulawesi and Gold Coast.

I occasionally get a batch of something else - Greenwell's Kona City Roast is a recent example - and those range from unacceptable to palatable. But as soon as i get back to the Sulawesi or Gold Coast, I notice the difference right away. Coffee is one item that for me I can tell the difference almost immediately between a good roast and a great roast. Trader Joes coffees to me fall into the good roast area, comparable to most of the more popular specialty roasts. But it is inferior to a top quality coffee.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't particularly care for Trader Joe's coffee. I tried for years to replicate the coffee I would occasionally get in a restaurant, with little success. Trader Joe's French Roast and Italian Roast was the best I could do, but it still wasn't what I wanted. I had given up on all grocery store coffee, Starbucks French Roast, blah blah.

Then i went to a friends hose, and he made the coffee I wished I could make. So I watched him make his coffee; the only difference I could see was the he used Starbucks Sulawesi. So I bought some Sulawesi from Starbucks, and that was my missing piece. Now I brew almost exclusivly Starbucks Sulawesi and Gold Coast.

I occasionally get a batch of something else - Greenwell's Kona City Roast is a recent example - and those range from unacceptable to palatable. But as soon as i get back to the Sulawesi or Gold Coast, I notice the difference right away. Coffee is one item that for me I can tell the difference almost immediately between a good roast and a great roast. Trader Joes coffees to me fall into the good roast area, comparable to most of the more popular specialty roasts. But it is inferior to a top quality coffee.

This was down below Folger's.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This was down below Folger's.

That bad, huh?? I've always thought that "good to the last drop" was more appropriate for parachutes than for Maxwell House.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
What is 2 buck chuck?

Thanks

Donna