• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your best April fools prank

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
When my wife and I were living together back in the late 70's my future inlaws didn't really like me yet. My father in law would always ask me , " Are you staying out of jail" or he would just ask " I see your not in jail ?" This was because I smoked a little pot back then.

On April 1, I called my father in law while I had my buzz on and said "They finally caught me so I need you to bail me out". He gave me an ear full but said he would be right over to bail me out. I tried to call him back to let him know it was an April fools joke but he already left.

About a hour later before I could put away my stash he walked into my house, so I asked him if he wanted a bong hit. That didn't go over well, lol. He proceeded to explain loudly how messed up I was for sending him down to the jail to bail me out. Boy oh boy, was he pissed.

I smiled during the chew out and when he was done said " April Fools, I got you". That didn't go over too good either. After getting married and having kids he came around. We had a very good relationship and I think he trusted me more than most he knew.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The best one I've heard about today:

With all the kids currently being kept at home, and taught by their parents, all students will be forced to repeat this same school grade next year. :oops:

Dave :ROFLMAO:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Cliff's birthday is April 8th. In 1988 he turned 50. We had a big birthday party planned, and I'd gone all out. I ordered the 11 volume set The History of Civilization by Will & Ariel Durant for his birthday present. It arrived on April 1st, and of course he opened the books before I got home from work that day, when I'd planned on giving them to him on his actual birthday. I walked in the door and he starts thanking me and saying how much he'd always wanted the complete 20 volume set of the Oxford Dictionary. On and on he went while I'm having a cow that they'd shipped me the wrong books. Eventually he took mercy on me and yelled "April Fools!!".

Brett

Reaction score

With all the kids currently being kept at home, and taught by their parents, all students will be forced to repeat this same school grade next year. :oops:

good one
but this April 1st I haven't been in the mood for fooling

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
This one was perennial. We’d be in a bar and two of us would start an argument about who was the fastest. After a bit, bets started to pile up. The two then said LET’S HAVE RACE RIGHT NOW! Down about five blocks or so.

Someone or sometimes even more would always volunteer to judge. After they left, drinking resumed. When they returned, usually somewhat irritated, the “bet” money would be used for further “refreshments” for all.

Cheers

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee

You mean this one, I got a lot of response till Facebook took it off. Proven to be false.
Got to have a little fun.
62F3A9AA-7754-43E1-8DD7-A3A9489793C3.jpeg

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You mean this one, I got a lot of response till Facebook took it off. Proven to be false.
Got to have a little fun.
View attachment 18480
I would have sent this to my wife for April fools day, however having second thoughts because shes a teacher and i dont what to sleep in the garage for a week. :-/

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I worked with a guy who loved April Fools and went around our department doing annoying "fools" jokes every April 1st. Although they were funny at first, they were pretty annoying after awhile. So one year I went all out to fool him - once and for all. I had our admin draft a "memo" congratulating our department on our hard work and announcing that they were sending all of us on an all expenses paid trip to Vegas. It included a chartered jet, luxury accommodations, and gambling money. It was over the top because I wanted him to get the joke. I had one of our uptight partners sign the memo. One memo was copied on the special memo paper and left on the guys desk while he was at lunch. I was aware that he and his wife were already planning a trip to Vegas on the same dates. I figured that they would be bummed that they were going to miss the free trip.

The first inkling that I had that things were not working as planned was when the partner called to to say the April Fools guy had come into his office to see if spouses were invited. Oops. By the time I caught up with him he had canceled his personal vacation to go on the company vacation instead. Luckily he was able to get everything reinstated. I felt pretty bad. He was plenty embarrassed but he never was obnoxious on April 1st again. Luckily we're still friends.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate April Fool's Day because most of the jokes are mean or annoying. I think most people don't even bother any more. My DIL is due to give birth any day. He didn't arrive yesterday, thank goodness. The day would take away from him just being happy on his birthday without tricks getting more attention. Or getting gag presents.