• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

YOUR ADVICE WANTED! Trying to get 3 weeks

WackyWexler

Reaction score
I own at Desert Springs Villas II , Palm Desert, white season
weeks 22-27 and 36-49 are my choices. Looking at 2007:

If I wanted to get the most desirable week in this season (I am assuming I have to book in my season but really not sure) to deposit the one bedroom with II in hopes of getting a certificate (it does have to be the 1 bdr right not the lock off?)

Not sure if any of my weeks are at all desirable, weeks starting
June 1st through July 6th (nobody wants to be in the desert on the fourth of July do they?) and weeks starting September 7th - December 7th.

The way it looks to me is that Thanksgiving Week would be the best? Does anyone think this might warrant an a/c certificate from II?

Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
WackyWexler said:
I own at Desert Springs Villas II , Palm Desert, white season
weeks 22-27 and 36-49 are my choices. Looking at 2007:

If I wanted to get the most desirable week in this season (I am assuming I have to book in my season but really not sure) to deposit the one bedroom with II in hopes of getting a certificate (it does have to be the 1 bdr right not the lock off?)

Not sure if any of my weeks are at all desirable, weeks starting
June 1st through July 6th (nobody wants to be in the desert on the fourth of July do they?) and weeks starting September 7th - December 7th.

The way it looks to me is that Thanksgiving Week would be the best? Does anyone think this might warrant an a/c certificate from II?

Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I am just going to take a guess and say no. II typically offers ACs to owners of high demand weeks as incentive to deposit them. Just the fact that the weeks you are considering are white tells me that they are low demand. I highly doubt II would offer an AC for any of those weeks.

Almost any time of year is an easy trade into that resort, even more so off season so again low demand.

WackyWexler

Reaction score
Rats, I had hoped that might work. My mom owns at Newport Coast is there higher demand for that resort? or is there a list or thread that discusses the highest marriott demand resorts?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There's no magic thread or other listing.

Generally a white week is a fairly low demand week and, as gmarine states, probably wouldn't generate an accommodation certificate ("AC"). Why? There isn't a lot of demand for your resort during most of your season. It's a relatively easy trade.

On the other hand a Newport Platinum week is a very high demand week and would surely warrant an AC.

How can you tell for sure which weeks will get an AC? You can't be sure. It's all based on how much exchange demand there is for that week. Demand changes from year to year.

You should generally be able to figure out which weeks are in most demand. Summer beach weeks. Winter ski weeks. etc.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
WackyWexler said:
Rats, I had hoped that might work. My mom owns at Newport Coast is there higher demand for that resort? or is there a list or thread that discusses the highest marriott demand resorts?

It isnt just that Newport is a higher demand resort. Its the fact that you are looking for an AC with an off season week. That isnt what II wants. They get plenty of off season low demand weeks. Even Newport Coast may not get an AC many weeks of the year.

Think about the high demand weeks of the year at high demand resorts. Or high demand areas which have few timeshare resorts. These are the deposits that usually get ACs.

And getting an offer for an AC one year doesnt necessarily mean they will extend the offer the next year.

tompk

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 weeks

I'm quite sure you can call II and just ask them what weeks, if any, at your resort qualify for an a/c.

Bill4728

Reaction score
tompk said:
I'm quite sure you can call II and just ask them what weeks, if any, at your resort qualify for an AC.

You don't need to call. Just go online and put in some different week and see what is offered to you. I do this all the time with both my Whistler and Socal weeks.

What I find is that II almost always offers me an AC for any RED week even when it isn't red within my TS. So with my TS: Hi, Med and Low seasons which are all red in II , my Hi and Mid seasons are always offered an AC. Even most low season weeks are offered an AC. The same could be true in Palm Desert since all the weeks are red in II even if the're "mid season" in Marriott.

To put in trade test weeks into the system, just go to Intervalworld and go to exchange, then deposit my unit, then follow the computer questions and make up a res. # (the number must have follow a pattern not sure what it is). and before you finalize the deposit II will tell you if this deposit will get an AC.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
When searching with a Marriott that has a flex week designation, you will need a reservation number. Make up one that is 8 characters long and starts with 8. This will allow you to search with a week that is not deposited or reserved yet.

Beverley

Bev says here to do a test deposit of your week you must enter make up a resersavtion number of 8 digits starting with the number 8.

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Can this be tried with a Westin deposit?? I have never deposited adn was scared to test it out - afraid that it might really get deposited when I am only trying to look at the AC possibility...

Babs

Bill4728

Reaction score
Any II week can be "test deposited" . You just have to know the info that II requires to place a "test deposit". In some cases they need only a date and a reservation number, sometimes they need the room number and size, sometimes other info. So to do a test deposit with Westin you will have to see what info II requires when depositing.

Hope that helps

PS don't be afraid that it will get deposited by accident. It is hard to go too far without knowing it.

WackyWexler

Reaction score
I Blew It!

O.K. I was doing test deposits trying to see if I could ever get an ac. I went too far one time and deposited a week with a made up reservation number for time that I don't have yet with Marriott. What do you think will happen?

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call II and let them know as soon as possible that it was a mistake and you don't have that reservation for that week yet.

They will have to reverse it as when they confirm the week with Marriott they will see you did not make a reservation.

Jan

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
WackyWexler said:
O.K. I was doing test deposits trying to see if I could ever get an ac. I went too far one time and deposited a week with a made up reservation number for time that I don't have yet with Marriott. What do you think will happen?

When II contacts Marriott to confirm your deposit as available to you they will be told it is not. You will then be notified.