• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

yahoo currently blocking email from tugbbs.com

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
working with support to address this, but email from the forum (notifications/password resets/etc) are being blocked to yahoo emails currently.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Too many people marking them as spam?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no idea, all the messages indicate its a temporary issue...but its clearly been going on for many days now.

the spam reporting issue seemed to have resolved itself after the first few newsletters...i rarely see more than one or two each week now.

Last edited:

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that sometimes yahoo starts sending some frequent and regular emails to spam. when i notice that i go to my spam folder and start designating them as not spam and send them to inbox and that fixes it

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Yahoo email and used to get some emails from place like Ulta, Sprouts, Eileen Fisher, Bath & Body Works that I wanted. All of a sudden they were not arriving. I never did figure it out, not in spam or listed in my subscriptions. A couple I did add to my address book but did not help.

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
I received mine this morning ~ in my yahoo inbox.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea the newsletter gets sent thru mailchimp our newsletter provider vs the server that hosts the forums or tug2.net (our main mail server)

as far as i can see the notifications from the forums are all still being "temporarily blocked" by yahoo. currently over 2600 messages in the mail queue to be retried...wild.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this is still an issue, and impacts not just yahoo but all emails in the yahoo.com umbrella (aol, verizon, etc etc).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
still experiencing this issue today, im sorry if you have tried to register or request your passwords etc as all those emails are totally blocked at the moment like watch list and pm notifications are.

yahoo email support has been less than useless simply pointing me to their "email best practices" page without giving me any indication of what is actually causing the issue or how to correct it.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Tell them it is an unfair business practice, interference with contract, and trade libel.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id be happy if they simply told me what the issue was so i could correct it.

just looked up the results of the past few newsletters, and only 3 people reported it as spam. Unfortunately all 3 of them were yahoo.com customers, and all 3 were active TUG members too. very frustrating.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder if Yahoo isn't blocking Temu order emails too. I've noticed we haven't received any order confirmations for what my wife ordered. We still get their daily junk email though. Just not actual order confirmations.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Like my various comments on search, I would suggest using a paid for mail service so they're interested in providing you good service. I've found Fastmail.com to be a good price / performance combo. If you're unhappy with Yahoo, you might consider a service where *you* are the customer. That said, this doesn't help TUG sending mails.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Like my various comments on search, I would suggest using a paid for mail service so they're interested in providing you good service. I've found Fastmail.com to be a good price / performance combo. If you're unhappy with Yahoo, you might consider a service where *you* are the customer. That said, this doesn't help TUG sending mails.
The problem is that many paid services are in fact through Yahoo. I know that all ATT emails that you get when you signup for their internet service are through Yahoo. I'll look into Fastmail.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we wound up just clearing out a few thousand of the "deferred" emails from the forums, most were watch type notifications (new posts/replies).

Ive also made a number of changes to the forum "summary" messages that go out to registered members and that should drastically reduce the overall number of emails sent from the forum itself. I wound up going thru and manually approving dozens of forum registrations from emails that were unable to get the email confirmation link sent to them because of this issue. and it also has impacted dozens more membership renewal/reminder notifications sent to members as well.

I did get yet ANOTHER email this morning from the yahoo postmaster support indicating that the issue had been escalated and they would get back to me, so fingers crossed.