• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham vs. Marriott

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want the best of both worlds, I suggest buying into Wyndham, but picking a resort that trades through II. This way, you get the cheap buy-in and flexibility of Wyndham, with access to Marriott, Hyatt, Westin (even Four Seasons) properties. If you are very flexible as to when you can take vacations, you can use a 28,000 point deposit into II to pull a great property like a two-bedroom at Marriott Frenchman's Cove. There is one sitting in II as I type.

Don't expect to trade a wyndham and get access to marriott, hyatt or westin very often. Wyndham have very low trading value b/c wyndham decides which unit and what season to deposit for trade. You have no control over this.

Buy wyndham if you want to use primarily within wyndham's resorts. If want to trade with II don't buy wyndham, there are much better properties out there like westin/starwood voluntary resorts which are just as cheap or cheaper than wyndham and trade much better.

If you really want marriott, buy marriott resale. II give other marriott owners 24day priority windows for marriott inventory before it is available to non-marriott owners.

Last edited:

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
which wyndhams trade through II?

I know that Governor's Green, Bay Voyage Inn, and Star Island all trade through II. There may be others.

As the previous poster pointed out, there is no guarantee that you can get the highest-quality properties, but it is possible, especially if you are flexible. Inside 45 days, all trade power restrictions are lifted, and I have been able to see units at Westin Princeville, Four Seasons Aviara, Harborside Atlantis, etc. If you can travel within 45 days, you can get some excellent deals. On a regular basis (outside the 45 day window), I see properties like Marriott Aruba and Hyatt Wild Oak.

Will you get summer weeks in three bedroom units at Myrtle Beach? No. However, for a very low investment, you see some great properties. You can also put in a search request, and my last search request for Disney was filled in three days.

My parents have owned Wyndham for eight years, and we have loved travelling with them, and have enjoyed the Wyndham properties. However, we weren't loving some of the resorts we got when we traded through RCI. After doing some research, we decided we wanted more Wyndham points (so we could pool points with my parents if needed), but we really wanted to trade through II. We bought resale on ebay at Governor's Green for less than $1000 with all costs, and it has been a great purchase for us. As always, YMMV.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
To give you a sense of Wyndham's pull in II: it's been reported that to see DVC, you have to deposit one size up: so, deposit a red 1BR's worth of points to see a studio, etc.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
To give you a sense of Wyndham's pull in II: it's been reported that to see DVC, you have to deposit one size up: so, deposit a red 1BR's worth of points to see a studio, etc.

I read the same thing, but in my experience, this hasn't been the case. The only deposit I have in II right now is a 28,000, low-season studio. However, I have been able to pull studios (and even an occasional one-bedroom) with this deposit well outside the flexchange period. I saw some earlier in the week for DSS, DBW, and DVO for Jan, Feb, May, and one for July. There are definitely some units on the "Sightings" forum here that I can't see with my 28,000 Wyndham points, but I see a good portion of the units reported. Not sure if anyone else has encountered the same thing.

Now, to do an ongoing search (Request First or Search First), you may need to deposit one size up. I deposited 77,000 points (which is low-season two-bedroom) and got an Old Key West one-bedroom for my exact dates. I have no idea what a one-bedroom deposit would have been able to pull. Quite possibly only a studio.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
which wyndhams trade through II?

Copied from II directory:

6 matches found.

Hollywood Beach Resort - Wyndham Worldwide
HOB
Hollywood, Florida

Viva Wyndham Playa Dorada
HVS HV3