• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham questions.

Kasper1014

Reaction score
I originally posted this in the Newbies section, then I realized its mostly Wyndham questions.

I have been searching time shares off and on for the past 5 years.

Lately I've been seriously searching and researching the Wyndham system. Especially the resales on eBay.

We usually take one big vacation per year with several mini vacations.

Plus, I am more of a planner.

I just have a couple of questions.

1. Are MF the only monthly payment or are there separate HOA fees on top of that?

2. If I wanted to mainly take advantage of the Sunday through Thursday's, is that ok? Are rooms available for that time frame? How would HK fees affect that?

3. Is 154,000 ok to start off with?

Ok...I think that's all I have for now, any other information would be greatly appreciated.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I originally posted this in the Newbies section, then I realized its mostly Wyndham questions.

I have been searching time shares off and on for the past 5 years.

Lately I've been seriously searching and researching the Wyndham system. Especially the resales on eBay.

We usually take one big vacation per year with several mini vacations.

Plus, I am more of a planner.

I just have a couple of questions.

1. Are MF the only monthly payment or are there separate HOA fees on top of that?

2. If I wanted to mainly take advantage of the Sunday through Thursday's, is that ok? Are rooms available for that time frame? How would HK fees affect that?

Ok...I think that's all I have for now, any other information would be greatly appreciated.

1. There are MF and then your yearly program fee (IIRC it's currently .51 per 1000 points/minimum $98).

2. Prime season stays require a check in or check out on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and usually have a 3, 4 or 7 night requirement unless you are within 90 days. HK is 63 credits for a 1 bedroom or 77 for a 2 bedroom, no matter if your reservation is 1 day or 7 days. You get 1 HK credit per Use Year for each 1000 points you own. Additional credits can be purchased direct from Wyndham for $2.25 each. You get one reservation transaction per year for every 77,000 points you own. Additional ones are $30 each.

3. It depends on where you want to go and when. That would get you a full 7 days in a 2 bedroom at La Cascada in San Antonio during weeks 1-4, 34-39, or 48-50. It would get you the same 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek in Orlando weeks 15-19, 36-39 and 43-50 with about 42,000 points left over.

Last edited:

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Tough to say if 154k points is enough for you or not...we don't know how much room you need and how many folks are traveling with you...

I will say that 154k will easily get you a week in a two bedroom suite at my resort (Kingsgate in Williamsburg) during July for 122k points. Comfortably sleeps 4 but 6 will work if you include the sofa sleeper in the living room. If you do the Sunday through Thursday thing it will cost you 72K points for the same suite.

side note, a three bedroom lock-off for the full week is 186.5K points.

Of course, that's Kingsgate...Anything with a beach costs more. By example...Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach Sun-Thurs, 26 Aug check-in date (1st avail date BTW) 2 bedroom deluxe w/ocean view (upper level) is 152k points.

Kasper1014

Reaction score
Thank you all so much.

There are 5 of us. My husband and three teens, 2 boys and 1 girl.

Right now I'm hoping to start with 154,000 then build up from there while learning the ins and outs of the system.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much.

Right now I'm hoping to start with 154,000 then build up from there while learning the ins and outs of the system.

Your plan will cost you a lot in transfer fees. I would start with at least 203,000 points..one of the many levels..plus look at all the points charts before you make your decision. PM me if you want to talk more. I own an II affiliated resort..you need to choose whether you want II or RCI. Most Wyndham resorts and contracts are RCI. There are pros and cons to each exchange system.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Wyndham directory. You can see all the points charts there

Regarding Sunday through Friday reservations...You cant do it all the time at all of the resorts but you can almost always do 4 nights checking out on a Friday...Its not a week, but it does make for a nice vacation on a budget

Regarding housekeeping credits....Chances are housekeeping wont be an issue unless you do a lot of very short stays in the cheaper resorts. you get one for every 1000 points and a 2 bedroom takes 77 housekeeping credits for a week or less stay....so a 154000 point account will get you enough housekeeping for 2 two bedroom stays which is probably all you will get out of 154000 points anyway

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott:

I have seen several amounts posted for mininum 2012 POA Fee. I know it used to be $88.12 and for some time I have paid $.53/1,000 points?

Called Financial Services a few minutes ago and they said $117.00

Checked web site and could not find.

Do you know where it is offically posted?

No big deal, just curosity!

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
1. There are MF and then your yearly program fee (IIRC it's currently .51 per 1000 points/minimum $98).

Strictly speaking, the monthly fee includes the maintenance fee, the program fee, and real estate tax. In some places taxes were billed separately but this may have changed. If you buy resale, make sure the quoted "maintenance" fee includes taxes.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey Scott:

I have seen several amounts posted for mininum 2012 POA Fee. I know it used to be $88.12 and for some time I have paid $.53/1,000 points?

I can't find it posted anywhere on the Wyn site, I just remember the discussion from the Wyndham Owners Forum. $117 is the minimum if you have Plus Partners. IIRC it's still .51/1000 if you have less than 300,000 points, or .53/1000 if you have more.

Last edited:

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Scott:

Paco:

I think it is $0.51 without Plus Partners and $0.53 with plus partners

and there are two different minimums (one for Plus Partners and one for non-Plus Partners)

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paco:

I think it is $0.51 without Plus Partners and $0.53 with plus partners

and there are two different minimums (one for Plus Partners and one for non-Plus Partners)

I think that's right - .51/1000 $98.00 minimum or .53/1000 $117.00 minimum with Plus Partners.

You'd think they would make it easy to find on the site...

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
From my 2012 Annual Assessment Summary from Dec. 2011...

Below you will find the 2012 CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Program Fees as approved by your Board of Directors. Effective January 1, fees are based on your annual point allocation or half of your biennial point allocation.

2012 Program Fees

Members with Plus Partners
$0.53 per 1,000 points or a minimum Program Fee charge of $117.00 per year, whichever is greater

Members without Plus Partners
$0.51 per 1,000 points or a minimum Program Fee charge of $98.00 per year, whichever is greater

CLUB WYNDHAM® Presidential Reserve
$0.59 per 1,000 points for the first 1million points then $0.53 per 1,000 points for the remaining points owned under the membership

Last edited:

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
@Kasper1014- from my small amount of personal experience with my points (we purchased and closed over a year ago)- I purchased 357,000 resale points and also have 3 children, 2 boys and 1 girl- with this 357,000, working around school schedules and such, we have been able to book a 3 BR/2BR in some cases, for 1 week and then have a 3 or 4 night trip say in October or April- these two trips basically have used most of my points. Maybe that will give you an idea of how far your points will stretch since my sleeping situations are probably similar to yours.

Last year we had booked
4 nights 3 BR Bonnet Creek in Orlando- October
1 week 3 BR in Sevierville, TN- Christmas Week

This year
3 nights 2 BR Deluxe at Fairfield Mountains- April
1 week 2 BR Plus/Deluxe at Sedona, AZ- June

Hope this helps

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much.

It may not be a bad way to start if you don't know how many mid week stays you are planning on. One way to "test" the system is if you run short pool future year points. That will give you an idea of how many you use in a year and know how many to add. As for the extra transfer fees. It is much safer to start smaller and work up instead of starting at 400,000 and realizing you only need 250 or 300k. The extra $300 would be 60,000 point for 1 year in MF. So if you don't know what you are planning on using i would stick with your plan. We started with 189,000 and will be up to 1.2 million by mid summer some time but I think it's better to go that way than get to many points and you are paying extra for what you don't need/can't use.

Jason

rrlongwell

Reaction score
It may not be a bad way to start if you don't know how many mid week stays you are planning on. One way to "test" the system is if you run short pool future year points. That will give you an idea of how many you use in a year and know how many to add. As for the extra transfer fees. It is much safer to start smaller and work up instead of starting at 400,000 and realizing you only need 250 or 300k. The extra $300 would be 60,000 point for 1 year in MF. So if you don't know what you are planning on using i would stick with your plan. We started with 189,000 and will be up to 1.2 million by mid summer some time but I think it's better to go that way than get to many points and you are paying extra for what you don't need/can't use.

Jason

Check the resort points chart for the resorts and dates you want to go in plus the number of trips per year. That will give you a beginning point on the number to points you would need. The trick is then to find a contract that has the number of points you want. If you buy it as a single contract, than that should save on closing costs and Resort transfer fees.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

2. Not all resorts have the Prime time limit of checking in and out on check in or check out days (of 3,4, or 7 days) but with most resorts having check in or outs on the 3 days (Fri/Sat/Sun) it still gives you a lot of flexibility. That restriction is listed on the Points chart for the particular resort.

After 60 ot 90 days some of that rule is reduced...depends upon resort...... but, just go in times other than Prime and then there is no problem. :D Sunday through Thursday is a GREAT deal!

You can watch the website for resorts that are offered at about a 25% discounts (not just VIP in those cases,, anyone can reserve).

3. Points are soooo cheap now, get more...as others suggested. Then you will have a lot more options.

Kasper1014

Reaction score
Ok, my hubby had been talking, we are going to start looking at 300,000 points to start off with.

Is eBay to best place to hopefully win the points? Or is there also a website?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, my hubby had been talking, we are going to start looking at 300,000 points to start off with.

Ebay, or keep an eye on the bargains board here. You could also check out Sumday's website and negotiate a deal on something they have available.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score

Subscribe to the thread here http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55 and watch for Wyndham points to show up. Read the TUG Classifieds http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/ and read this forum scanning for people posting that they have points and need to get rid of them. Click their name and send them a private offer message. In today's market you can find people so desperate to get away from having to pay fees that they will pay you to take over their contract. In addition there is RedWeek and eBay and some other sites. Just be careful and do your homework regarding the contract you buy and you will be fine. By homework I mean know if the contract is for points or for a specific week, what the maintenance fees are, etc. Read the rules section for people giving away their timeshare; so you know what to expect as a buyer. If you are patient you will surely get what you want for next to no money. Bear in mind that, to avoid paying two Wyndham title registration fees, you should probably look for the points you want in one contract. If you want points at a specific Wyndham resort (so you can reserve early there), you can post on the "Buy Wish" section of the Marketplace. You have to buy the TUG membership in order to post a classified ad.