• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Points deposited with RCI

leeomo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the process finalizing Wyndham Points package purchase. Currently waiting on the deed from recording. In the event it is November 1st when Wyndham is notified I understand Wyndham can take 4-8 weeks before the transfer to my name takes place. Can the current owner deposit the points with RCI on my behalf ? or as a Guest ? Once deposited with RCI will the points have the same value ? Will I be able to make Wyndham reservations with the banked RCI points ?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You deposited points into RCI can only be used to book available exchange units offer thru RCI with a $209 exchange fee.

So if a Wyndham unit has been placed in RCI exchange inventory .. yes, you can book it. It is NOT blocked from your Wyndham/RCI account.

Once Wyndham points are sent over/deposited into RCI, they can NOT be returned to your Wyndham account. And your RCI account is provided and paid for by Wyndham ... it is called a corporate account ... not a personal RCI account. If you brought directly from Wyndham, your RCI account will have access to BOTH RCI Weeks and RCI Points inventory. Resale Wyndham RCI accounts are RCI Weeks only.

I have several RCI accounts ... Wyndham accounts, independent RCI Points/Weeks account and a independant II account. Plus, I can exchange thru VRIety.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If this is the only wyndham contract the current owner has, then his rci account will go poof and disappear as soon as the deed transfers to you. If the current owner has other wyndham points contracts, the points will remain in his RCI account. I think he may be able to transfer them to you but I am not sure. He could certainly make reservations for you with the points but would need to purchase a Guest Certificate for $69 and may not want to continue to have to manage the points for you after the unit is sold and transferred to you.
Wyndham points will never become rci points. They will still be Wyndham points banked in a Wyndham RCI account and would use the Wyndham crossover grid based on size and season to determine the number of wyndham points used.

leeomo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. Your comments are most helpful and appreciated.

I have studied some of the Wyndham Points chart and the RCI Points chart for a few resorts I am interested in visiting. But I haven't seen a Wyndham crossover grid. Is there a link for this crossover grid I can review ?