• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Pagosa Springs recommendations

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Enjoy the natural Hot Springs while there!!!!

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
If you want to do any of the ranger guided tours at Mesa Verde you need to reserve a time via rec.gov. I think the reservation window opens 2 weeks in advance. We did the Cliff Palace tour, well worth the $8 per person fee. Balcony House is also said to be a great tour, read the descriptions of the tours or watch videos for what is involved.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Pagosa Springs is higher altitude and therefore cooler, but it won't be freezing cold.
If you want to do any of the ranger guided tours at Mesa Verde you need to reserve a time via rec.gov. I think the reservation window opens 2 weeks in advance. We did the Cliff Palace tour, well worth the $8 per person fee. Balcony House is also said to be a great tour, read the descriptions of the tours or watch videos for what is involved.
Do they charge even seniors? We have the park pass.

gravityrules

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Pagosa Springs is higher altitude and therefore cooler, but it won't be freezing cold.

Do they charge even seniors? We have the park pass.
Not to get into the park if you have the pass but they do charge for the guided tours.

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
The week prior we are at a WM Estes Park to visit Rocky Mountain NP - with tons of fairly challenging hikes planned for two seniors. The high altitude may be a problem with fatigue, so game plan is to switch to easy hikes if needed. So not much to do at Pagosa Springs for an entire week - so have two rest days to do nothing while there - which will be great!

Joyce
Estes Park is nice and green right now. No fires and a lot of elk roaming around. Remember Timed Entry for RMNP, 9AM-2PM for most of NP, Bear Lake corridor 5AM-6PM. If you don’t have it yet you have a chance to get it exactly at 7PM the day before when held back reservations can be purchased on line. Pictures are from yesterday, 8/25/24.
IMG_9306.jpeg
IMG_9297.jpeg
IMG_9284.jpeg

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Estes Park is nice and green right now. No fires and a lot of elk roaming around. Remember Timed Entry for RMNP, 9AM-2PM for most of NP, Bear Lake corridor 5AM-6PM. If you don’t have it yet you have a chance to get it exactly at 7PM the day before when held back reservations can be purchased on line. Pictures are from yesterday, 8/25/24.

Wow, can't wait - just 8 days away now. First time visiting and hiking in the CO mountains - love the elk everywhere! So lucky there are no forest fires and keeping my fingers crossed and also hoping for cool temps - not great hiking in the heat. We have daily entry to the Bear Lake Corridor for the week of our stay in Estes Park for 6 to 8 am - hope to get in and started on hikes prior to the crowds. Very stressful getting those RMNP reservations when they were released on Aug 1. I also grabbed Long Lake Parking reservations for 8-11 am at Brainard Rec Area for 2 days during our stay at Estes just these past 2 days. Wow, these Long Lake parking spots for the 8 to 11 am were harder to get than the RMNP Bear Lake reservations. Both days, there were only 3 to 5 slots left for that timeframe when I kept refreshing when they were loaded. Anyway, we have all the required park entry reservations needed to allow flexibility due to changes in plans due to rain, etc. The reservation fee was only $2 - so what the heck.

The Mesa Verde tixs for Cliff Palace and Balcony House will hopely not be a problem for our 2 day visit on Sept 22-23. Recent checking of availability for both of those tours show plenty of availability for all times days after being loaded.

My only remaining challenge will be getting reservations for the guided ranger Fiery Furnace hike at Arches NP - those spots are gone instantly when loaded daily. We can always fall back on the self guided hike, but two old people getting lost in the maze will not be pretty. But it is a popular hike, so I am sure we can get help from other hikes and of course, I will download the Alltrails trail map to help guide us.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by a resort rep that we will likely to assigned to the Peregrine complex which is located on the golf course. Is this the golf course where the balloons are flown over?
It is the same golf course, but it is a large, 27 hole golf course. The Sunday launch will probably be around Lake Pagosa, which is just east of the resort. Once the balloons are in the air, you should be able to see them from any unit at the Club Wyndham Pagosa resort, like this

1725130740140.png

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you got this reservation through an auction you won't have any say on the type/location of the unit. You'll probably be in one of the older/less desirable condos.

Other than that, Pagosa Springs is a great resort with a lot going on on property and in the community.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you got this reservation through an auction you won't have any say on the type/location of the unit. You'll probably be in one of the older/less desirable condos.

Other than that, Pagosa Springs is a great resort with a lot going on on property and in the community.
gravityrules took their vacation in July in a Peregrine unit, one of the "newer" sections.

We are at Wyndham Pagosa now in a Peregrine B side unit.

gravityrules

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Our 'B' side (smaller than 'A' side) Peregrine unit was nice, seemed to have been recently renovated so we didn't feel slighted for having reserved through Skyauction. Check out my review on TUG.

BTW, no sales pressure. Not even asked which was fine with us!

I checked RCI a week ago or so and there was quite a bit of Wyndham Pagosa inventory available in Extra Vacations at very attractive rates.