• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnett Creek New Owner

sumang24

Reaction score
I just bought a new timeshare in Wyndham Bonnet Creek Florida. After coming home I found this site via a news channel.

I paid almost 13000 for 100100 points every odd year. I found someone had posted an add for the same property for 5000 for 168000 points.

When I called Wyndham customer service they said that we will not be treated as resale property in their system and will not enjoy all the perks like world mark , club pass , plus partners etc.

If someone had bought a resale Wyndham Property , can you please share your experience on this thread? How are your points worth and can you use them the same way an original Wyndham owner can use?

I am still within the 10 day cancellation policy and can Cancel it

Thanks
Suman

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

Just RUN down to the post office and rescind NOW.

And stop calling the (lying IMHO) sales department ... whose ONLY concern is to separate YOU from YOUR MONEY.

PS If you truly decide to buy from Wyndham (the company) and spend all that money ... the SAME or a better deal can be had.

PS for $13,000 .... you could have 231,000 points AND 6 years of PAID MFs off the resale market.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought 210,000 even year at WBC. I paid $610 including closing.

RUN to the Post Office!!!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response .
How much is your HOA per month for WBC?

Thanks

Don't worry about the HOA fees ... rescind this contract NOW!

Ask your questions about HOA fees when you are FREE of this overpriced by about $12,999 timeshare.

You can get a Bonnet Creek deed on the resale market ... for many more points or the exact same points ... after YOU learn way more.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
It's true, as a resale owner you will not be eligible for VIP status, club pass, or plus partners. However, these perks really aren't worth the difference in price between resale and retail. I would rescind immediately, following the instructions in your contract exactly.

Even the $5000 for 168,000 points is probably too much. I have almost 700,000 points in multiple contracts that were purchased for under $5000. And this was looking for contracts with specific ARP or lower maintenance fees, yet my contracts were always under a penny a point including closing/transfer costs. Some here might say that I still paid too much, but at least I knew what was reasonable for what I was looking for.

You should be able to get the points you want for a penny a point or less if you shop around. There may be some resorts that are higher demand, less frequently available, or have significantly lower maintenance fees, but even these can frequently be purchased for under 1.5 cents per point if you shop around. Drop out of bidding that goes to high, pass on contracts with too high a price, and watch for the deal to come along. Just do some research to find what is reasonable and ask additional questions here.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good day,

Please let me say that if you are concerned that you made a bad purchase, you probably did. You were on vacation, enjoying time with family, probably in a nice room at BC and the sales people had you right where they wanted you. That doesn't mean you've done anything wrong but you, like me, put less time into thinking about a timeshare purchase than you do about buying other less financially straining products. If YOU are unsure about what you have done then it is probably in your best interests to rescind the contract....that's what my wife and I did.

Then we found Tug. We researched and found what we like. The perks you were offered by your sales person truly have little to no value with the size contract you purchased. So, you're not losing as much as you think you are.

Take your time to learn from others here on Tug. Then, when you are ready, shop around and but what you want. Learn what ARP means, home resort, CWA, MFs, Program Fees, booking Windows, reservation transactions, etc. Learn what all of that means...you need to understand how to use what you are buying before you buy it.

Then, go shopping. I originally bought an 84k annual contract for $14k from Wyndham. I rescinded as soon as I realized my mistake. I now own 1.1 million points and paid about $8k total. My MFs, blended across all my contracts, are $4.90/k points. I am happy and that's all that matters.

Congratulations on finding Tug! There is a wealth of information here. Take your time and look around. As an fyi, you may get some short, terse answers from some people and others may talk as friends. You've done nothing wrong as long as you're seeking information and doing it according to the forum rules. Also, I'd pay the $15 to join if you haven't already... $15 for the education you are about to receive is well worth It!

Blessings!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us in time to rescind and save 13 grand!

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone had bought a resale Wyndham Property , can you please share your experience on this thread? How are your points worth and can you use them the same way an original Wyndham owner can use?

Welcome to TUG! :wave:

The questions you are asking indicate that you made a hasty, uninformed decision to buy. You probably would never do that for other large purchases. Lucky you are in a position still to undo your impulsiveness.

After you do some homework, the deal you rescind will still be there (or even a better one) if you really want it. You might even decide that Wyndham isn't the best fit for you. So be really happy now and get that rescission letter in the mail right away:

1. include the contract number you are rescinding
  2. everyone who signed the contract signs the letter
  3. send it to the address in your rescission instructions
  4. use USPS certified mail and keep the receipt and tracking number

Then start over with the TUG questionnaire in the new to timesharing section of the forum. The future is so bright for you! :banana:

sumang24

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG! :wave:

The questions you are asking indicate that you made a hasty, uninformed decision to buy. You probably would never do that for other large purchases. Lucky you are in a position still to undo your impulsiveness.

After you do some homework, the deal you rescind will still be there (or even a better one) if you really want it. You might even decide that Wyndham isn't the best fit for you. So be really happy now and get that rescission letter in the mail right away:

1. include the contract number you are rescinding
  2. everyone who signed the contract signs the letter
  3. send it to the address in your rescission instructions
  4. use USPS certified mail and keep the receipt and tracking number

Then start over with the TUG questionnaire in the new to timesharing section of the forum. The future is so bright for you! :banana:

Thanks everyone . I rescinded the contract .

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response .
How much is your HOA per month for WBC?

Thanks

My MF for the WBC 210K even (essentially 105K every year) is $59.23 per month. I also bought Bay Club II 140K annual and those MF are $56.38 per month. And nobody is quite sure whether or not the $128 program fee is built into those numbers or not.

We just went through a WBC sales pitch in May. Two and a half hours later they finally let us go. I had already searched for a resale so I had a bit of knowledge. On one of our "We will let you talk" times, I mentioned a Branson contract that I had looked at and don't you know they came back bashing Branson, as if they had the table bugged. Hmmm. Our initial offer from them was 400K points for $100,000. Then it went to $18,000 for 105K at Star Island. Then they tried EOY but by that time, we were done. They also offered us 400K single use points for around $4,000. I purchased WBC resale one week after we returned home and now two months later, I am waiting for it to be recorded in Orange County any day now.

Congratulations about finding TUG and rescinding that contract!! :banana: