• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek internet is slow and constantly being kicked off

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have never had this happen before. I had a speed of .5 yesterday for most of the day, then today it is either off or speed of 13.5. No in between there.

What can I do about it.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I have never had this happen before. I had a speed of .5 yesterday for most of the day, then today it is either off or speed of 13.5. No in between there.

What can I do about it.
Happening on multiple devices? I’ve had that happen before unfortunately. In my experience internet connection at Bonnet Creek is usually good, but during very busy times sometimes it isn’t (and I bet Columbus Day Week is a busy time). Probably not much you can do about it unfortunately.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The front desk is "unaware of any issues with the internet." Which is fine because we are at the parks most of the day. Heading to Universal Studios today. I don't ride roller coasters, so it's a lot of caring for twins that are not quite three and like to run in two directions simultaneously. We will see if someone will help me with those two.

Universal is not for small kids. This need to go for the big kids and dragging little ones along is ridiculous. There are really no more shows at Universal, either.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
The front desk is "unaware of any issues with the internet." Which is fine because we are at the parks most of the day. Heading to Universal Studios today. I don't ride roller coasters, so it's a lot of caring for twins that are not quite three and like to run in two directions simultaneously. We will see if someone will help me with those two.

Universal is not for small kids. This need to go for the big kids and dragging little ones along is ridiculous. There are really no more shows at Universal, either.
Oh, I think you can have fun there with small kids, especially if they are 36 inches. The Doctor Seuss area in IOA is great and there are four rides there (two of which that are pretty good, and two spinners) that the little ones can ride. The one "peoplemover" style attraction there actually has two different tracks, so it's worth riding twice. There's also Camp Jurassic, because what little kids don't love dinosaurs, and the flight of the hippogriff coaster.

In Universal studios you've got the ET ride, the new Shrek/Trolls/Kung Fu Panda area including the trollercoaster, Villain Minion-Con Blast, & Kang & Kodos Twirl & Hurl.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I have to say, many resort locations wifi is downright horrible. If I was asked I think it's the #1 thing I'd improve. Not just for people like me doing remote work, but anyone winding down at night or getting up in the morning, having wifi that is like 1 bar of 3G is not really acceptable in 2024. I'll bet they could entirely drop paid TV / cable if the wifi worked to reliably stream Netflix etc.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Not about the internet, but I just spent 4 days in Nashville with family and my favorite little who turned 2 yesterday. I could barely keep up with those two little legs running at a fast pace. Wouldn't be able to manage four little legs.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have to say, many resort locations wifi is downright horrible. If I was asked I think it's the #1 thing I'd improve. Not just for people like me doing remote work, but anyone winding down at night or getting up in the morning, having wifi that is like 1 bar of 3G is not really acceptable in 2024. I'll bet they could entirely drop paid TV / cable if the wifi worked to reliably stream Netflix etc.
I think this is a great idea. I'd much rather my annual dues go towards paying for better more/reliable internet service (and smart tvs in the units) then paying for a monthly cable subscription that I bet the majority of guests aren't using.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I typically don't use resort internet, I use the hotspot on my cell phone. I don't trust it. The speed would be one more thing to drive me crazy (times like that I remind myself when we could first dial into work (IT support) it was at 300 baud.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I think this is a great idea. I'd much rather my annual dues go towards paying for better more/reliable internet service (and smart tvs in the units) then paying for a monthly cable subscription that I bet the majority of guests aren't using.
I had a similar idea for the upcoming mobile app that I suggested during the demo phases. One of my recommendations for the mobile app from an integration standpoint was to allow location service access within the Wyndham mobile app - have an option within the mobile app to automatically configure and connect to the local Wyndham wifi whenever it's in range. The app should already know your last name and room number - and newsflash - this data isn't really required at most resorts - we've typed in random room numbers and last names and it still connects just fine, though admittedly not for all resorts. This would be a nice feature add for the mobile app IMHO. That would be phase one, the next phase would be to have a device list within the mobile app - by device MAC address or device name - and you could pre-configure up to four devices in this manner since that's the max for the "free" connections, that are allowed to auto-connect. Doubtful we'll see this on day one, but it'd be nice to see this eventually. This is one of the benefits of having an app as opposed to just a website - the app can access location data to allow for this type of functionality.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been using my phone as a hotspot, which works fine. The internet here is terrible.

We were just informed after being here one week that we would not be getting housekeeping until it's been two weeks. I wash our sheets at home every week, and when I said that to the front desk, they said they will be happy to deliver clean sheets. We are here 16 days. That's really surprising to me. Maybe it's not new to any of you, but it sure is new to me.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been using my phone as a hotspot, which works fine. The internet here is terrible.

We were just informed after being here one week that we would not be getting housekeeping until it's been two weeks. I wash our sheets at home every week, and when I said that to the front desk, they said they will be happy to deliver clean sheets. We are here 16 days. That's really surprising to me. Maybe it's not new to any of you, but it sure is new to me.
We’ve been there for over a week before and have not gotten housekeeping. Have never been there for 2 weeks though.

They also don’t charge a second housekeeping credit for stays longer than a week (but maybe they do for 2?) so it makes sense.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I had a similar idea for the upcoming mobile app that I suggested during the demo phases. One of my recommendations for the mobile app from an integration standpoint was to allow location service access within the Wyndham mobile app - have an option within the mobile app to automatically configure and connect to the local Wyndham wifi whenever it's in range. The app should already know your last name and room number - and newsflash - this data isn't really required at most resorts - we've typed in random room numbers and last names and it still connects just fine, though admittedly not for all resorts. This would be a nice feature add for the mobile app IMHO. That would be phase one, the next phase would be to have a device list within the mobile app - by device MAC address or device name - and you could pre-configure up to four devices in this manner since that's the max for the "free" connections, that are allowed to auto-connect. Doubtful we'll see this on day one, but it'd be nice to see this eventually. This is one of the benefits of having an app as opposed to just a website - the app can access location data to allow for this type of functionality.
Really - only 4 devices? It needs to be unlimited, or at least scale per allowed occupant. It seems insane that in a 2BR you can have 6 people, but god forbid they each want to get even their phone on wifi, forget about their laptop.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Really - only 4 devices? It needs to be unlimited, or at least scale per allowed occupant. It seems insane that in a 2BR you can have 6 people, but god forbid they each want to get even their phone on wifi, forget about their laptop.
You can get unlimited - for an additional cost - it's not free.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A travel router is the answer
Sure, if the internet worked AT ALL! It's been non-existent during the morning and evening hours, which is when people are checking emails and such.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score

What can I do about it.
We are on our 4th day here at Bonnet Creek. A couple of nights in T6 (3BR PR) and a couple of nights in the Seaworld suite in T1 (2BR Deluxe). Been getting ~ 500Mbps down and 400Mbps up with zero dropouts. The biggest surprise to me was the unlimited connections (I've seen this at Ocean Blvd recently also). I pack a travel router just for this purpose but haven't had a need to use it for my past couple of stays.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are in Tower 6, floor 12. Our internet cannot be used at all, never has a speed anywhere near that. We are using the personal hot spot on our phones.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
We are on our 4th day here at Bonnet Creek. A couple of nights in T6 (3BR PR) and a couple of nights in the Seaworld suite in T1 (2BR Deluxe). Been getting ~ 500Mbps down and 400Mbps up with zero dropouts. The biggest surprise to me was the unlimited connections (I've seen this at Ocean Blvd recently also). I pack a travel router just for this purpose but haven't had a need to use it for my past couple of stays.
That's actually encouraging to see unlimited connections - perhaps Wyndham is trialing this in a few of their larger resorts before rolling it out to additional resorts? You aren't paying for the upgraded unlimited internet option correct? I do also have a travel router that we can use to bypass the four connection limit on the free plan - but since we're mostly just traveling just the two of us except for our family vacations a few times a year - it doesn't get much use.