• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Bali Hai Purchase ?

red.discord

Reaction score
Hello all,

The weather here in HI influenced me to purchase Wyndham Bali Hai timeshare, but I am thinking that I have overpaid for it. I still have a few days to consider before sending my rescission letter.

Question about resale for Bali Hai
1. Will I still be able to trade in the Club Wyndham Kai with 13Home/12 month advanced reservation?
2. Can I still join TPI exchange and Premier Access system? Or is that a developer perk?
3. Besides the VIP benefits, am I missing anything if I cancel the purchase and look for a resale?

Thanks,
Red

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Probably, you should rescind. How many points and what is the price?

I own both developer and resale Bali Hai contracts. The resale points cannot make reservations before 10 months. Whether you have RARP at any other resort depends on the specific contract. Some do and some don't. Being diligent at 10 months can get you into most resorts.

I was granted TPI for 2 or 3 years and then had to pay for membership. I found no value in TPI membership and have not paid for it.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The resale points cannot make reservations before 10 months.

I own resale Bali Hai as well. I can make reservations in ARP at Wyndham Bali Hai at 13 months and at the Club Wyndham Kai resorts at 12 months. There had been some issues with the roll out of the benefits summary and separation of developer and resale points that affected those abilities, but they are part of the system and available whether the ownership is resale or developer. I use my points almost exclusively elsewhere at the 10-month point because I live on the East Coast and it's a trek to get to Kauai.

Can I still join TPI exchange and Premier Access system?

You should be able to, but I agree with @jebloomquist and didn't find it worthwhile so let my free membership there lapse.

Besides the VIP benefits, am I missing anything if I cancel the purchase and look for a resale?

If this is your only ownership, you would be missing out on the Plus Partners benefits. The only one that is significant, in my opinion, is the ability to make RCI nightly reservations rather than booking a whole week. If you already own a developer purchase and add a resale one to your account, you will continue to have Plus Partners and will pay the extra 2 cents per 1,000 points in program fees for the resale contract.

red.discord

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. It's most helpful.

The developer contract is 300k with 500K bonus for 71k which somebody else on this forum paid 50k just last year.

I am most excited for the TPI Premier Access and Wyndham Kai program and am disappointed that TPI might not be useful.

I already own Wyndham Sedona resale and would like to own Bali Hai for access to Hawaii, but I think it's overpriced for the benefits even for developer points.

Red

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I never used TPI Premier Access myself, so I can't really say whether it would be useful. It just struck me that there wasn't much inventory available when I had my free 2 year membership and the 2 for 1 weeks had some limitations that I can't recall. I had seen some postings on TUG regarding Wyndham no longer confirming weeks deposited with TPI, but don't recall if that was all of the Club Wyndham Kai resorts or just one of them. Recently TPI was purchased by Capitol Resorts as part of the purchase of VRI, so things might change with them, but I wouldn't count on it as something that makes the purchase of developer points worth it. One problem with it, from my perspective, is that to deposit with them you need to deposit a whole week and weeks at Bali Hai cost a lot of points - that's why the MF/point ratio there is good. You're better off using the points elsewhere or taking advantage of RCI availability at lower costs.

There were just a couple of Bali Hai contracts on eBay recently sold for way less than $71K. If it were me, I would rescind.

WManning

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. It's most helpful.

The developer contract is 300k with 500K bonus for 71k which somebody else on this forum paid 50k just last year.

I am most excited for the TPI Premier Access and Wyndham Kai program and am disappointed that TPI might not be useful.

I already own Wyndham Sedona resale and would like to own Bali Hai for access to Hawaii, but I think it's overpriced for the benefits even for developer points.

Red
70K or 50K can pay a lot of maintenance fees on a higher maintenance fee resale deed. Resale deeds can be found for less then the 71k ($236/1000). If you absolutely need the 13 month APR at Bali Hai you could also rent from someone that owns there. Better option is to wait for a resale deed to come along for a fraction of the 71K.

red.discord

Reaction score
70K or 50K can pay a lot of maintenance fees on a higher maintenance fee resale deed. Resale deeds can be found for less then the 71k ($236/1000). If you absolutely need the 13 month APR at Bali Hai you could also rent from someone that owns there. Better option is to wait for a resale deed to come along for a fraction of the 71K.

Indeed. Rescission letter submitted today. Thanks all.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Indeed. Rescission letter submitted today. Thanks all.
Congrats on figuring this out before it was to late. A 308,000 point Bali Hai just sold on ebay for $3,750.

red.discord

Reaction score
Congrats on figuring this out before it was to late. A 308,000 point Bali Hai just sold on ebay for $3,750.
We suspected it was a terrible idea when we left the building, but I like the TPI and Kai programs. I didn't realize I could get Kai with resale and that TPI would not be as good as I thought. It might be, but that's a lot of money to pay to confirm.

yoprabhat1

Reaction score
If this is your only ownership, you would be missing out on the Plus Partners benefits. The only one that is significant, in my opinion, is the ability to make RCI nightly reservations rather than booking a whole week. If you already own a developer purchase and add a resale one to your account, you will continue to have Plus Partners and will pay the extra 2 cents per 1,000 points in program fees for the resale contract.

Hi @Eric B,
Do you know if RCI last call (ability to book a RCI resort for a full week for a flat fee of $310 or so without using CW points less than 45 dates from check-in subject to availability) feature comes along with resale CW? Do you know if there is a limit to how many times can you do this in a year or unlimited (unlimited comes along with new contracts)?

In general does anyone have any opinion on whether this is even a useful/worthwhile feature, or folks mostly just stick to either CW points RCI exchange deposit and book a whole week from that, or perhaps just stick to CW resorts? Any suggestions around use of RCI in general and RCI last call would be helpful.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
We love TPI. I deposit 2 or 3 of my non-Wyndham weeks there every year and exchange into Maui or the Big Island. Works for us but you need to book 12-13 mo. in advance and/or put in an ongoing search.

Back to Bali Hai: I paid $307 on ebay for our 168K EOY contract about 5 yrs ago. Cheap MF too. Resale rules. :)

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi @Eric B,
Do you know if RCI last call (ability to book a RCI resort for a full week for a flat fee of $310 or so without using CW points less than 45 dates from check-in subject to availability) feature comes along with resale CW? Do you know if there is a limit to how many times can you do this in a year or unlimited (unlimited comes along with new contracts)?

In general does anyone have any opinion on whether this is even a useful/worthwhile feature, or folks mostly just stick to either CW points RCI exchange deposit and book a whole week from that, or perhaps just stick to CW resorts? Any suggestions around use of RCI in general and RCI last call would be helpful.
I can’t speak to RCI exchanges, though many here have been quite successful with that.
I have done many last calls for off season resorts in my area. I don’t think there is a limit to doing them, but the inventory is limited to castoffs and leftovers.

yoprabhat1

Reaction score
I can’t speak to RCI exchanges, though many here have been quite successful with that.
I have done many last calls for off season resorts in my area. I don’t think there is a limit to doing them, but the inventory is limited to castoffs and leftovers.
How do you get inventory for those? Is there a website where you can see what Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott and other TS are directly wanting to rent under last calls (or even otherwise)?

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you get inventory for those? Is there a website where you can see what Wyndham, Hilton, Marriott and other TS are directly wanting to rent under last calls (or even otherwise)?
Just RCI.com outside of wyndham site. I have a login for that- you should too, but I did have to call about it years ago. I don’t remember exactly.