• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WSJ Building 41 & 42 - renovations underway

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Just to let owners know - the 3BR Pool villas are being renovated as we speak. I commented that the owners will be VERY happy to hear this and a staff member told me that owners that are here this week and had to be moved to the Bay Vista buildings were NOT happy not to be in their Villas.

We just completed our 'owner update' and saw a 2BR Bay Vista ground floor unit in building 24/25 and all I can say is that they are spectacular (but no view from the ground floor) - I can see why owners in other phases of the resort (we are in building 34) are upset that their units have not been upgraded yet.

This is a wonderful property and I can see why people pay top dollar to buy here - even my DH was asking about pricing at the 'update'. I had to pinch him when the salesperson walked away. :ignore:

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Which unit in B34 are you in? How is our unit doing (3410) after Omar?

No renovations in B34 yet? I was under the impression that these were done in Sept - if not, time to restart the email campaign.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which unit in B34 are you in? How is our unit doing (3410) after Omar?

No renovations in B34 yet? I was under the impression that these were done in Sept - if not, time to restart the email campaign.

I am hoping this unit 3412 is NOT renovated...OMG, the guy here fixing the dishwasher says it IS renovated :eek: ...well, the sofa and chair ARE nice and there is a new wood dinning table - but the dinning chairs still need to be replaced (he says they will be as well as the coffee tabe) and the Formica in the kitchen and TV area is old with several cracks and an actual hole ....stove and micro look new and are black but there is a white refrigerator and white dishwasher.

The maintenance guy is saying this building had been closed down for the 'renovations' and just re-opened this week. The bathroom has had nothing done as the Formica counter top is cracked....I will see what else I can find out.....don't rat us out to management - wait until I leave on Saturday to start your campaign :D

I will post a few pictures in a couple of days....

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the update - I thought I had heard they already had been renovated. This did not consist of much - below is a list for the 2Bd villas - what on this list hasn't been done?

For B32, B33, and B34 2Bd villas:
Kit - Barstools
DR - chandelier, Consule Cabinet, and Table&Chairs
LR - TV console, Bose Audio System, Chaise Lounge, Cocktail Table, Console Table, Draperies, End Tables, Lamps, LCD Flat Panel TV, Lounge Chair, Mirror, Sofa
MBR - Bench, Draperies, Dresser, Headboard, Lamps, LCD Flat Panel TV, Mirror, Nightstands
GBR - Draperies, Dresser, Headboard, lamps, LCD Flat Panel TV, Nightstands
Throughout - Artifacts, Artwork, carpet, Interior Paint

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks Great!

Because I am soooooo friendly and the guy occupying your unit wanted to know about our rental car, I asked if he would mind if I checked out his/YOUR unit 3410.....it looked very nice and according to your list, almost everything was done...it really is a shame they didn't get rid of the formica filled kitchen....it REALLY dates the unit.

See below - and I will get you some pictures of the new stuff from my unit, promise.

Thanks for the update - I thought I had heard they already had been renovated. This did not consist of much - below is a list for the 2Bd villas - what on this list hasn't been done?

For B32, B33, and B34 2Bd villas:
Kit - Barstools DONE

DR - chandelier, Console Cabinet, and Table&Chairs ALL EXCEPT CHAIRS - ON ORDER?
LR - TV console DONE, Bose Audio System DONE, Chaise Lounge DONE IN A VERY LIGHT ALMOST WHITE SUEDEY KINDA MATERIAL - NOT A GOOD COLOR CHOICE, Cocktail Table NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR UNIT - NOT IN MINE, Console Table DONE, Draperies DONE - VERY VERY NICE, End Tables DONE, Lamps VERY COOL ONES, LCD Flat Panel TV DONE, Lounge Chair DONE, Mirror HMMMM, NOT SURE, Sofa DONE!

CURRENT OCCUPANT MENTION THIS, THEY DIDN'T INVITE ME INTO THE BEDROOM :eek: - MBR - Bench, Draperies DONE, Dresser, Headboard, Lamps, LCD Flat Panel TV, Mirror, Nightstands
GBR - Draperies DONE, Dresser, Headboard, lamps, LCD Flat Panel TV, Nightstands

Throughout - Artifacts DONE, Artwork DONE, carpet DONE, Interior Paint YUP, DONE!
Now if those people in Beaglemom's unit would only take down that 'privacy please' sign on the door....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks for the update - at least I will not have to start an email assault.

Now maybe we should start one dealing with a doubling of our property taxes.

I agree about the kichen (and a few other items), but the vote to refurbish did not have enough voters - so this was the next best resolution without a special assessment - eventhough they doubled the reserve fee.

I wonder if anyone found the hidden rum yet?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update - at least I will not have to start an email assault.

Now maybe we should start one dealing with a doubling of our property taxes.

I agree about the kitchen (and a few other items), but the vote to refurbish did not have enough voters - so this was the next best resolution without a special assessment - even though they doubled the reserve fee.

I wonder if anyone found the hidden rum yet?

I believe you have noted it on the other thread - I received my tax bill for Bluebeard's BeachClub STT - my taxes doubled as well and the crazy thing is every other owners changed and none of them consistently????
Anyway, our HOA president has advised us all not to pay the 2006 taxes as their legitimacy is in question...so i am just holding the bill for now. :shrug:

and there was no mention of your rum.....but I didn't know to ask!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the bathroom, there was a new mirror and light fixture above it.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As mentioned - I am in the process of buying the adjacent week to ours - and the property tax issue is challenging for Title Transfer. Luckily I am aware - this has major implications on transfers. The USVI Gov't got itself in trouble for unfair proportionality of property taxes and got called on it. Property taxes on Timeshares have doubled - and on St Johnians are disproportional. Taxes have more than doubled - that sucks - and unfair. ...and represents true taxation w/o representation (except the choice of ownership).