• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wrong side of Big Island

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Thank you so much for the weather report - I am much relieved. I seriously almost double booked us for Maui out of sheer anxiety.

That does look like a nice place - and quite a nice view! When I travel for work, I usually just have them just give me the amount of money they say the city I'm staying in is worth. I usually pocket that and stay somewhere... Less nice, lol.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Thank you so much for the weather report - I am much relieved. I seriously almost double booked us for Maui out of sheer anxiety.

That does look like a nice place - and quite a nice view! When I travel for work, I usually just have them just give me the amount of money they say the city I'm staying in is worth. I usually pocket that and stay somewhere... Less nice, lol.

It is nice. I don’t have other options. I have to pick between approved vendors and Hilton is a corporate approved vendors. It all goes on my corporate card. It’s nice since I don’t have to wait to be reimbursed.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Boy. They treat me like I have been coming here for years. It’s funny how that is when I check in in my work cloths. :)
I've had a couple of work projects in Hawaii. There is a decided difference between being there in work settings as compared with tourist settings.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I've had a couple of work projects in Hawaii. There is a decided difference between being there in work settings as compared with tourist settings.

All the tourists seem to strike up a conversation with me too and say how lucky I am.:cool:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
All the tourists seem to strike up a conversation with me too and say how lucky I am.:cool:

Jeff. Dude. You ARE lucky. Seriously so. LOL! :D

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s raining this morning, typical morning rain, no downpour.

C1BD4E3F-3D48-4107-B67B-D837EC32DE51.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff. Dude. You ARE lucky. Seriously so. LOL! :D

Dave

Yes, I am and I feel blessed. We are not taking it for granted.:thumbup:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last time I had work in Hawaii, the project was with Hawaii Electric, working on their O'ahu generating stations. I wound up renting a one-room unit with kitchenette that was part of an Ohana house in a residential area in the hills overlooking Diamond Head. It was a great place to stay. No beach outside the front door, but a good place to come back to in the evenings and do my work.

+++++++++++++++

Below is a picture I took from level 4 at the Kahe Generating station, just north of Ko'Olina. This is looking northwards, with the Farrington Highway below. I finished at about 2:30 pm that day, so I drove the rest of the way up the Farrington Highway to the NW corner of O'ahu. It was the first week of February, and the waves crashing on the beaches north of Makaha were spectacular.

20160127_115415.jpg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last time I had work in Hawaii, the project was with Hawaii Electric, working on their O'ahu generating stations. I wound up renting a one-room unit with kitchenette that was part of an Ohana house in a residential area in the hills overlooking Diamond Head. It was a great place to stay. No beach outside the front door, but a good place to come back to in the evenings and do my work.

+++++++++++++++

Below is a picture I took from level 4 at the Kahe Generating station, just north of Ko'Olina. This is looking northwards, with the Farrington Highway below. I finished at about 2:30 pm that day, so I drove the rest of the way up the Farrington Highway to the NW corner of O'ahu. It was the first week of February, and the waves crashing on the beaches north of Makaha were spectacular.

View attachment 16323

And a memory you will always have. :thumbup:
Great photo!!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And a memory you will always have. :thumbup:
Great photo!!
My intiial photos were at level 3. When the operator asked me if wanted to go the top level, I said "Do chickens scratch?"

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is that the Pride of America?

I think it was. I was drinking at the bar when I noticed it moving right in front of the hotel. I got up and walked over to the stairway and took that picture. It was the best I could get of it. Kind of cool watching it pass while at the bar.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice. That sounds exactly like what I would have done had I been in your place. In fact, just so happens a month or so ago I got curious about what that remote area looked like, and followed the Farrington Hwy all the way to the end using Google maps/satellite!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rain on and off most of the day today. Nothing too hard though. Still cloudy.

95E71216-867A-4AA9-AE4D-3B865133269C.jpeg

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I'm getting seriously excited! I have no problem with gray days and rain on and off. We'll just spend a bit more time on the west side of the island, and check out a few extra museums. Rain will not do a thing to dampen our appetites, either =)

KewZee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Harbour
Oahu past few days windy and overcast and light drizzles.

Maui today windy and overcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kapolei

Reaction score
Oahu past few days windy and overcast and light drizzles.

Maui today windy and overcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying the weather. Still shorts, slippers ... but get to use blanket at night.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Great school! We have been part of the St. Joseph Waipahu tradition...

I still remember the first girl I had a crush at St Joseph.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rain in Hilo most of the morning here. Mostly light and steady with a couple of heavier periods. Next week they say no rain until Thursday and then through the weekend. They say 30% chance. That will change many times before that date gets here. Nothing too bad though.
B5448265-8F92-4EDD-97FC-F7A656F3868B.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At the Hilo airport now. Heading back to Honolulu. It’s still cloudy but no rain in the last few hours. I think you’ll be fine even with a little rain. Just pay attention to any heavy rains and you’ll be fine.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Somewhere over the ocean between California and Hawaii right this moment - and the weather forecast for the next several days is is pretty close to optimal. We're bound to have many hours of good weather, and never mind a little rain on the roof anyway =)

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try eating at Jackie Rays in Hilo. We just ate at their Kona restaurant and the food was excellent and learned that they had opened a restaurant in Hilo.

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Kannapali, Maui and Princeville and Poipu on Kauai. We got caught up in the last of the bad weather days on Maui, but Princeville and Poipu were lovely.