• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wristbands at MGV

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
On the subject of wristbands, here's a shot of the BeachPlace ones that change every week (at least during Spring Break, etc.)

URL]

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I must say the wristbands look rather tacky to me, i am not sure I would want to wear one of those all the time.
Your Rado watch is another matter entirely - very elegant, one of my favourites!

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
On the subject of wristbands, here's a shot of the BeachPlace ones that change every week (at least during Spring Break, etc.)

URL]

That is not the kind at MGV. The ones at MGV are silicone and you can slide them on and off your wrist anytime. I brought mine home and will probably take them with me again next year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

URL]

Definitely the cutoff kind. I guess some people could slip them off and back on again. I certainly am not keen on them.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

URL]

Nope, don't like those. :p

Finntastic

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were at Surfwatch in March we were not even given wrist bands. I don't recall seeing them on anybody. When we went to Ocean Watch last April we did have wrist bands given to us on check in and were asked to show them on several occasions. It was at full capacity as it was over Easter week end.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
When we were at Surfwatch in March we were not even given wrist bands. I don't recall seeing them on anybody. When we went to Ocean Watch last April we did have wrist bands given to us on check in and were asked to show them on several occasions. It was at full capacity as it was over Easter week end.

At SurfWatch they use them throughout the entire Platinum (summer) and only partial Gold (late spring/early fall) seasons, and during holiday weeks. They're not the hospital band-like ones shown in the picture for Ocean Pointe but the silicone ones that can be easily removed. You don't have to be wearing them but Security definitely checks to be sure that everyone at the pools and other common areas has one. (Mine is usually in my bag.)

The only exception I know of is at the bar/grille near the ocean - like the other HHI properties people can come off the beach and use cash to get a bite to eat or something to drink, but they have to either take it back to the beach or sit in the areas designated for eating nearby. So if a food activity is scheduled, like the crab legs/shrimp buckets or brauts/beer tastings, Security will be there looking for the bracelets.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
I have never seen a situation where concession discounts are given by simply charging items to your villa. I have always had to show something to prove I was entitled to a discount. Either a card that they give you at checkin, a wristband or our owner card. Though most of the people working the concessions are confused by our owners card, likely because they never see them.

What types of items are discounted? I wear wrist bands when we are given them. I charge everything to my room. What discounts are you talking about? Only some guests receive them? Who is and who isn't entitled to them? I guess I should be paying closer attention as well.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What types of items are discounted? I wear wrist bands when we are given them. I charge everything to my room. What discounts are you talking about? Only some guests receive them? Who is and who isn't entitled to them? I guess I should be paying closer attention as well.

We used it at the Marketplace. I don't think food items in the Marketplace were discounted, only merchandise, such as caps, t-shirts, etc. I can't speak for other concessions at Grande Vista, but I think it was able to be used at the bars and restaurants. It seems it also applies to golf greens fees.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
The wristbands at BeachPlace are for owners and guests to stop non registered people from using the pool...but i didn't see anyone checking for them. They were supposed to stop early morning seat stealers at the pool but it's not policed either.

In past years I seem to remember owners getting discounts on some stuff in the Marketplace but don't think that's happening any longer. If it wasn't for the very active biz the Marketplace gets on the pool deck I'd be surprised if they could afford to stay open as there's a 24 hr CVS in the complex and several eateries with take out...all with much lower prices.

Brian