• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WPORV Studios @ $200/night

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
From an email just received from Starwood:

A rejuvenating Hawaiian vacation ensues as you are pampered with signature amenities, luxurious comforts and sumptuous dining options. And along with Westin’s intuitive service, a stay here is sure to ignite your spirit and ease the mind.

Book by Friday and enjoy a Deluxe Island View Studio Villa from $200 per night, for travel November 17, 2011 through January 31, 2012, based on availability. Reserve online or call 866-716-8140 and ask for rate pan WHOTO8.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken, ... The offer probably concerns any "unreserved by 60-day from arrival" inventory released or likely to be released shortly to Starwood. Did the notice come from SPG or SVO? If you called, what was said about availability? ... eom

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken, ... The offer probably concerns any "unreserved by 60-day from arrival" inventory released or likely to be released shortly to Starwood. Did the notice come from SPG or SVO? If you called, what was said about availability? ... eom

Notice from SPG. Didn't call, have no reason to with large availability via SO or II (and no desire to go to this resort in the next year). If nothing else, this discounted rate certainly indicates a lack of occupancy.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken, ... A $200 per night rental price 60 days out for the remaining bits and pieces of availability of the smaller, studio half of an island view 2-br lockoff (or $1,400 per week for the studio) also indicates that the MFs for an annual week at WKORV are probably still quite a bit less than the rental value of a WKORV 2-br lockoff. I think that notice is good news for those who reserve at WKORV and rent out their units. ... eom

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
While this may be good news for those attempting to rent their studios - it is interesting that Starwood gets free promotion of this 'deal' on this BBS, but paying TUG members cannot post that they have a similar deal (or better) - or even direct Tuggers to the TUG rental board or other rental sites due to TUG rules.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
While this may be good news for those attempting to rent their studios - it is interesting that Starwood gets free promotion of this 'deal' on this BBS, but paying TUG members cannot post that they have a similar deal (or better) - or even direct Tuggers to the TUG rental board or other rental sites due to TUG rules.

... and that's why my post got deleted. It directed the TUGger to a better deal, as I violated TUG posting rules. :(

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken, ... A $200 per night rental price 60 days out for the remaining bits and pieces of availability of the smaller, studio half of an island view 2-br lockoff (or $1,400 per week for the studio) also indicates that the MFs for an annual week at WKORV are probably still quite a bit less than the rental value of a WKORV 2-br lockoff. I think that notice is good news for those who reserve at WKORV and rent out their units. ... eom

This is for WPORV, not WKORV.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Good point. Should I not have posted this info, in your opinion? I'd certainly rather see other owners rent their week before Starwood...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Most likely, all the Starwood owners got the same email, so I don't think it's a big deal.

The posts I do delete are:

Posts mentioning your OWN rentals.

Posts soliciting rentals.

Posts talking about Sightings - access to the Sightings Forum is a perk of TUG membership.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken, ... "This is for WPORV, not WKORV."

Resort name was only in the Thread title and that doesn't show once you click on Respond. No other posts had the actual resort name or acronym in it.

"enjoy a Deluxe Island View Studio Villa from $200 per night"

The "Island View" part of the notice threw me. I thought WPORV wasn't sold with view categories. Guess I was wrong about that.

But, since WPORV has lesser assessments than WKORV, it's even better news for those who reserve there and rent out. ... eom

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
WPORV is ALL Island View...

Starwood (may have) learned their lesson after the terrible job they did with view designations at WKORV-N. There are Ocean FRONT units at WKORV-N with only a partial ocean view...

BTW - WPORV doesn't have a fraction of the demand that WKORV does. Sad really - I love Kauai and this is a beautiful resort.

Maui has more demand - and beach front resorts have more demand.