• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wow- talk about prices diving- MMC Plat. just went for $6,302.00

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
wonder if it will pass ROFR?

I didn't want to have to potentially deal with any more aggravation these days, and since the seller was alltimevacations-2008 which is the incarnation of another Ebay reseller, I decided not to bid, but that is an amazing price.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The ad really wasn't clear that this was MSE or MMC. Though the floor plan showed the lock off. I have seen ads for MMC indicate that the resort features studios, and 1 and 2 BR units.
This is a good price for MSE, though only about 3-3.5K off of the prices about this time a year ago. If it is MMC, then it really isn't a steal.

You can edit your post and then click the Advanced Edit button to edit your title.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It did say sleeps 8 though, which is why I assumed it was MSE (along with the floor plan).

Wonder if a Tugger got it?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It did say sleeps 8 though, which is why I assumed it was MSE (along with the floor plan).

Wonder if a Tugger got it?

It may have been and likely was. I can never tell with those Manor Club ads.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was MMC.
I emailed the seller and they responded back promptly. They used the wrong floorplan and were aware of it, stating that they were using the 2BR as an example.

Terry

Last edited:

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
still a very good price, but I think someone could have gotten that price now a days with a broker and closing company of their choosing (and a little patience). The only way I would use ebay for timeshares is if I could choose a escrow/closing company.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seth Nock said - Ford's Colony Sequal for $8,400
that's a reputable broker.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It was MMC.
I emailed the seller and they responded back promptly. They used the wrong floorplan and were aware of it, stating that they were using the 2BR as an example.

Terry

Thanks for clarifying. As usual, more care is needed with Ebay auctions. I was wary of the seller so I didn't check, but interesting that he both posted the wrong floorplan and the wrong sleeping capacity. 2 honest mistakes?!?! I guess there's a reason why he's reinvented under a new name....

Steve

Reaction score
Ocean Pointe sells cheap

Here's more evidence of declining values:

A platinum week at Marriott's Ocean Pointe just sold on eBay for $9600. That's quite a drop from what they were selling for just a few months ago.

Steve

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assming a 2BR, correct?

Here's more evidence of declining values:

A platinum week at Marriott's Ocean Pointe just sold on eBay for $9600. That's quite a drop from what they were selling for just a few months ago.

Steve

leekaren

Reaction score
Looking to scoop up a good deal

okay so here is my story.
I went for my 3rd Marriott timeshare presentation last week and finally caved to the pressure. We decided with 3 little boys we really need more room than a hotel offers on vacation. So we paid $10k for an EOY at Horizons Orlando.
GOOD NEWS- I went home and did some research and stumbled on you site.
THANK GOODNESS!!! I immediately called and cancelled our contract!
I can't thank you all enough for saving me a boat load of money! :banana:

Now here is my question. I really want to buy a timeshare and I think I really want one in Marriott because we are always really happy with them, but which one? We will go to Orlando some in the next few years but not every year and certainly not forever. We LOVE to travel and do so quite frequently despite having little kids, so we will want to trade this for all over the world. Also, I am a self proclaimed hotel snob. I want high thread count sheets and marble baths, etc...
What should I buy that will get me into all the good places and still get a great deal as prices seem to be getting better by the day.
I was thinking about a 3 bedroom LO at MGC for EOY because MF are then just $700/ year and then locking it off for a 1 b and then 2 b. Or using all 3 bedrooms some years and just picking up getaways for the off years.
In your very experienced opinions, what would you all do in my shoes? I would like to get the best deal possible. (I do have college to save for x3)
I certainly appreciate your help. Your group alone has already been worth the joining fee and I have been a member for 1 day!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
GOOD NEWS- I went home and did some research and stumbled on you site.
THANK GOODNESS!!! I immediately called and cancelled our contract!

A telephone call is not enough. You must rescind in writing, preferably in the exact manner specified in the paperwork. This is usually via U.S. Mail.

There should be a form in the materials you were provided, although many posts in this forum describe the "accidental" omission of the rescission form from the materials provided by the sales department. If you were not given the rescission form, write a letter that clearly states that you are cancelling the contract. Send it by U.S. Mail in a way that generates a receipt of when you mailed it.

Once you have done so, take a few months, read this forum and other sites carefully, and only then purchase resale.

Steve

Reaction score
Yes, the Ocean Pointe platinum week was an annual 2 bedroom for $9600.

Steve

thegortons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow- talk about prices diving- MMC Plat. just went for $6,302.00
wonder if it will pass ROFR?

In October I won an e-bay auction for a MMC Platinum at a price of $6001. I found out today that Marriott has decided to take it. So while prices have come down, it appears that Marriott's ROFR is not in complete hibernation - they are still taking some.

Lloyd

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In October I won an e-bay auction for a MMC Platinum at a price of $6001. I found out today that Marriott has decided to take it. So while prices have come down, it appears that Marriott's ROFR is not in complete hibernation - they are still taking some.

Lloyd

Be sure to add this to the ROFR database.

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score

Lloyd

Thanks for the post. Recently we have seen alot of posting of Ebay sales that make it look like the sky is falling, but maybe Marriott it taking more back than we know.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Recently we have seen alot of posting of Ebay sales that make it look like the sky is falling, but maybe Marriott it taking more back than we know.

If they are (and it doesn't appear to be the case) at "the sky is falling" price. So does that mean the sky only half falls (for the seller not Marriott)?

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
If they are (and it doesn't appear to be the case) at "the sky is falling" price. So does that mean the sky only half falls (for the seller not Marriott)?

I would say the seller got the price they were willing to sell for. Marriott did reap the rewards of the "buyers" negotiating skills, and the buyer tries again if they want to.

Ray