• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worth wait for Jet Blue?

kamumma1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all -

We (family of 4) are booked to go to Orlando for Sept 2009. I was perusing airline tickets and found $270 on United which was the best price around. I have it on hold and am tempted to buy it. But we really like Jet Blue and they are the only ones with a non-stop flight to Orlando from our airport :whoopie: . Only thing is they only book 6 months out. I'm afraid if I wait, I'll lose the United flight. Thing is, Sept to MCO is off season, so prices might not be bad. Any thoughts on waiting or booking? I'd be willing to pay a little more for Jet Blue, but not a lot.

P.S. The only other gripe I have about booking so far out is that our flights frequently get changed over the year. Twice we were rescheduled with seats spread all over the plane (which we can't do w/ little kids). They told us there was nothing we could do as all seats were spoken for - the first time we waited to get on the plane and had to ask people to move - not fun! The second time, I was able to buy some "special" seats for $10 each. I did it. Not happy about having to spend $40 more to sit together when I had arranged for that almost a year prior, but the alternative of waiting to get on the plane was even less appealing.

anneww

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would be tempted to wait. Are you flying out of Burlington, Vt?
We always fly out of Boston or Manchester, NH (love the airport there)
on Jet Blue (Boston) and Southwest (Manchester). We try to fly on those two airlines only. We have had so many problems with flight cancellations on Delta that we will never fly them again. Jet Blue's prices fluctuate alot.
We booked for Florida back in June for a November trip when the prices just kept going up. They are now back down to what we paid for our flight and
less for the early morning flights. If you can fly out of Manchester, NH, you would have the option of Southwest too, which always has good fares to Orlando. Last year, we flew Southwest to Las Vegas for 99.00/each way.
That was a great deal! Good Luck! :)

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat waiting on Jet Blue. We are flying from San Francisco, CA to Burlington, VT. I have one free ticket earned through my Jet Blue card so of course with a family of 5 flying that is nice but I hate the wait.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
we are also waiting for jetblue to open up past april. we have 4 free flights and we are waiting to book the Bahamas.

if you use jetblue often get the amex credit card especially if you eat out at least once a week.

that is the way we have 4 free flights. all restaurants , movies, theater and sporting tickets, and of course paying for jetblue flights are double. it adds up fast.

we have 5 going to the bahamas so i will take any portion coming and or going for free. i will use the free flights for my kids and if i have to i will pay for mine and my DH because we both have accounts and then the flight credits will go into our accounts, so we can start accruing for next year.

kamumma1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked on Kayak.com again today to check on prices of the flight and the one I had on hold was gone. In fact, there were no other flights that had that good of a price. So I decided not to wait (although I was tempted) for Jet Blue. I can't imagine they could get us there for much cheaper, if at all, and we will just bring our portable DVD player. Glad I put the tickets on hold!

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently debating if I should wait for Jet Blue's prices to come out. Continental won and I booked our air through them to Cancun in July of 09. I am glad I did - got the times I wanted and those two flights are almost full now and one less thing to worry about.