• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Trading Question - DVC VGC

duck_widow

Reaction score
Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked before.

Does Worldmark trade in both II and RCI? Do you have a choice of which one or both you belong to? Do you have the option of not belonging to either in the event that you don't want to trade?

How much is the annual cost to be a member of II and\or RCI and how much are the trading fees?

And for the kicker...I'm assuming that it would be next to impossible to trade Worldmark into Disney's Villas at the Grand Californian right? But hey that would be the sweetest trade ever!! I know there are two Worldmark properties in Anahiem already that I could use also. I'm considering buying DVC VGC, but it would be so nice to be able to get it for the price of Worldmark. :)

Thanks,
-Kathy

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Kathy,

Yes, Worldmark can trade through either II or RCI. I believe my II membership was $84 for 2 years, but RCI was more expense, $89 for 1 year, and $150-ish for 2 years. I can't exactly remember.

Worldmark is a very powerful trading property, I've never tried trading into DVC but have been impressed by its strength. DVC trades through RCI so that is the organization you'd have to join.

Good luck to you!

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the DVC is in the weeks section, World mark can pull it.

Its 10000 points for any 2bedroom including DVC, anytime of year.
1bedroom is 9000 points

I just book a July 2 bedroom at Wilderness lodge for 10k in points.

KT

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just book a July 2 bedroom at Wilderness lodge for 10k in points.

KT

You can buy 10K credits for $5000-$6000 easily in the current market. Annual maintenance fee is $570.54.

zcrider

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
grand villas?

anyone know how many worldmark points you need to exchange into the 3 bedroom grand villas?
Also does DVC show up more in week or points? If I buy a RCI points lease and 10K worldmark points can I do a points for deposite and get the trade? I have no RCI experience currently, so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!:D

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Villas are seen very rarely---as in just two or three each year. So far, VGC has never been deposited in Weeks. I don't know about Points.

I think it's pretty early yet to be looking for VGC, I think it took AKV more than a year to show up as an exchange. Plus VGC is a small resort. I don't think we've seen any of the BLT units as exchanges yet(cash on RCI yes :eek: ).

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The DVC rentals on RCI are all developer inventory, and seeing as how something like 40% of BLT hasn't even been declared yet, CRO has a lot to move.

Interestingly, they've been successful at it, as near as I can tell, even at CRO prices, and even in this economy. But, I did notice that CRO is discounting SSR and OKW during the week between Christmas and New Years---that's unheard of, and suggests that DVCMC is going to have to think a bit harder about how it deals with crossover exchange valuations for DCL, ABD, and Resorts.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The DVC rentals on RCI are all developer inventory, and seeing as how something like 40% of BLT hasn't even been declared yet, CRO has a lot to move.

Interestingly, they've been successful at it, as near as I can tell, even at CRO prices, and even in this economy. But, I did notice that CRO is discounting SSR and OKW during the week between Christmas and New Years---that's unheard of, and suggests that DVCMC is going to have to think a bit harder about how it deals with crossover exchange valuations for DCL, ABD, and Resorts.

I've noticed that too, when my sister looked to come down with me in October. As she's a regular "I'm not going" type I looked at CRO instead of using my points.

She could have gotten a 1br VWL villa for the same price as the base level hotel room at WL.

That's like our first trip, we booked at 2br at SSR via Expedia with park tickets and airfare. The total cost of my trip was darn near what CRO wanted for just the room. This was way before SSR was sold out and I think they may have cut Expedia some sort of deal to fill rooms, get people to take the tour and join DVC. :ponder:

Well we totally followed the script, 650 points later!

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
anyone know how many worldmark points you need to exchange into the 3 bedroom grand villas?
An exchange into any 3-bedroom, red season costs 12,000 Worldmark credits; white season 9,000 credits; blue season 7,000 credits; flexchange 4,000 credits.

If I buy a RCI points lease and 10K worldmark points can I do a points for deposite and get the trade?
Worldmark credits and RCI Points are not the same thing. They cannot be interchanged.

If you want to get a tough trade through RCI, using Worldmark credits, you "request first" and if it comes through, Worldmark takes the credits out of your account and transfers them to RCI. There is also a "deposit first" option, but "request first" has better and more consistent trading power.