• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark: Stimulus Plan and Monday Madness Run Side by Side

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
rhonda, question

The Worldmark Stimulus Plan ($.08/credit reservations) has returned through November ... running concurrently with the recent Monday Madness Plan ($.06/credit reservations, select resorts).

Full details:
https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/news/10.08.2_vacationstimulus.shtml

Rhonda -- if I just want one night at Indio (or Palm Springs) on October 23, how can I avoid cleaning charges -- would it be on the $.08 one or is there no way I can avoid? If there is a way, when is the soonest I can reserve it? We are returning from Sedona and just need a place to sleep before continuing onto San Diego. Thanks for any tips.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Rhonda -- if I just want one night at Indio (or Palm Springs) on October 23, how can I avoid cleaning charges -- would it be on the $.08 one or is there no way I can avoid? If there is a way, when is the soonest I can reserve it? We are returning from Sedona and just need a place to sleep before continuing onto San Diego. Thanks for any tips.
You are already inside the 90-day rule for that weekend so booking partial weeks isn't a problem. However, you will run into the "Weekend Only" rule if you can't find a unit for that night as "only space available" (OSA).

Using the Stimulus Plan, at $0.08/credit, will avoid the housekeeping charge. It is available immediately if you'll take two nights (either Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun; the latter being less expensive) or happen on a solo 10/23 sitting without availability on either side. Good luck!

Edited to add: I think the 48-hour rule is the only exception to the weekend/OSA rules. That is far, far too late for planning your return from Sedona.

Edited again: I just checked the Handbook. The 48-hour rules does NOT lift the weekend only restriction. You'll have to book either two nights or hope/wait for an OSA.

Last edited:

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Adding to Rhonda's post, I believe that for booking Saturday night as a single night, only Friday night needs to be unavailable. You don't need a full "OSA" night with Friday and Sunday booked. The restriction says that there is a two night minimum stay required for a Weekend Only reservation when both Friday and Saturday night are available.

I read the 48 hour exemption rule as exempting the two night minimum stay requirement. The 48 hour exemptions states that reservations booked within 48 hours (two days) before use rule shall be exempt from Guideline C, No. 8, Length of Stay requirements. It is that guideline that lists the two night Weekend Only minimum stay requirement.

I've never booked a Friday or Saturday night as a stand alone day under the 48 hour rule. I have booked a second Bonus Time reservation using the 48 hour rule while occupying a different unit on Bonus Time. A quick call to the Vacation Planning Center would give a definitive answer to the question.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cool, Fred -- thanks! :)

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes- thanks to both of you

Adding to Rhonda's post, I believe that for booking Saturday night as a single night, only Friday night needs to be unavailable. You don't need a full "OSA" night with Friday and Sunday booked. The restriction says that there is a two night minimum stay required for a Weekend Only reservation when both Friday and Saturday night are available.

I read the 48 hour exemption rule as exempting the two night minimum stay requirement. The 48 hour exemptions states that reservations booked within 48 hours (two days) before use rule shall be exempt from Guideline C, No. 8, Length of Stay requirements. It is that guideline that lists the two night Weekend Only minimum stay requirement.

I've never booked a Friday or Saturday night as a stand alone day under the 48 hour rule. I have booked a second Bonus Time reservation using the 48 hour rule while occupying a different unit on Bonus Time. A quick call to the Vacation Planning Center would give a definitive answer to the question.

:eek: why do they make things so confusing. Thank you both for the information.