• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Questions and Random Information ~ Also posting on WMOwners for maximum Input :-)

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner

Hello to All, hope you are Well,

I am considering buying resale points to add to my existing WM platinum. When you have more points, you pay less MF. So if I buy an additional 6000 point membership that costs approx. $70 p/m, will that change to allow for payment increase of the $35ish that I would pay if bought 6000 from developer making my total 70,000? I have been unable to find any info on that.

We got a call from corporate yesterday, as always, last day of the month, one time only offer not good tomorrow in May. Geez that annoys me. We were close to biting, but reviewing this forum and TUG saved us. He knew we were close, wondering if they will call today and see if they can reel us in.

Interestingly, they continue to try to convince us we are working toward an as yet nonexistent level, Titanium, with unknown benefits. The possibilities shared are more flexibility with personal choice, better exchange amount for points when used for personal choice, and the ability to book sooner than 13 months (would that survive a legal challenge, me thinks not).

Personally I have been disappointed with personal choice due to low value of points, but find that Travelshare still makes sense for us due to eliminating housekeeping. We used 15 reservations last year, so saved us roughly $900. I can't imagine another PC benefit that could make buying 36000 more points worth it.

This is the WM link to the changes in levels coming this year in case you missed it on their site: I hope this translates~
https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/news/t ... vels.shtml

In addition to the question above, I would love to read opinions on continuing to buy one time points for extra points or adding to the membership with annual point renewal. I am on the fence about this.
Thanks in advance for your wisdom, Be Safe, Sabree

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Breezy52 , I would not recommend buying any credits from the developer. You already have the highest level. When the new level comes out, you can decide if you want it.

PC is a joke and is worth nothing. you pay around 7/cent a point for MF. They pay you 4.5/cent for the same point and they call it benefit. It is for sure a benefit to Wyndham.

I would normally ask how much I am paying for the credits rather then what is my payment per month.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I hear you samara64, as retired person I do consider what my long term monthly commitment is, although there are certainly different ways to pencil that out. Have you any opinion on buying one time use points, repeatedly, vs. adding to the annual membership? Thx ~

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Worldmark has it's own forum. The benefit will probably be discounted stays through Club Pass.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Ok it is true that you pay slightly less in MF per Point the more Points you own but of course the gross MF would increase. Also remember the MF are in 2,500 Points increments. Many years ago when we were about to go to 63,000 Points it was pointed out that 65,000 Points paid the same MF as 63,000 Points. So while the outlay for those extra 2,000 Points was slightly higher the MF did not increase. So it is always best to be near the top of the bracket.

As for buying 1 time use Points from other Worldmark Members that is a very economic way to go. The 1 time use Points cost from 5.5 cents to 7.5 cents with no ongoing obligation for the MF of those Points.

When MF are set they are based upon your total Points - whether resell or Developer Points or a combination. We have stopped buying Developer Points. Our last 2 additions were resell purchases combined into our regular account.

Also buying Developer Points now to get to a Travelshare Level that does not exist will not get you to that new level once it is announced. Only Developer Points purchased after the new level is announced will count towards that level.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
Thank you for taking the time to respond j~ Right ~ we should go to 65 K, unfortunately they want to charge $3.15 per point for that small a number and I'm not sure it's worth getting an extra night or 2 a year. Thank you for the info on the MF that is what I wanted to be sure of. But I am leaning now more to continuing with the one time points, although it's kind of a hassle

I do wonder once they add Titanium will they have a one time deal (should one want it) to buy in now and they will grandfather in the resale points. Our first purchase was resale and our next purchase gave us Travelshare through that offer.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, points rental are big and I do it all the time. Rate is based on exp date and time of year. I oud go with this first.

You must have bought resale before 2006 so these points are considered developer sold.

For more info go to: https://www.wmowners.com/forum/

Best of luck.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
To me, Travel Share is not worth it and niether are the upper tiered accounts such as Platinum. Travel Share has no resale value as it doesn't transfer to a buyer.

What still makes sense to me are multiple smaller accounts.

Bill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If I understand the OP they are already Travelshare Platinum. So buying several small individual accounts would not make sense for the OP. Also while 65K will be needed for Platinum under the new plan, Wyndham has said all current Travelshare Owners will be Grandfathered at their current level.