• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark Pagosa - Unit Selection Question/Help

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning. I am trying to decide on a 1bd unit in Pagosa Springs and wanted to solicit some feedback if possible. Is the main difference between the 1bd suites vs standard 1bd the size of the units and smaller appliances? Maybe fireplace/jetted tub too. Looks like the 1bd Ptarmigan notes the size too while the 1bd regular (non-suite) Village Pointe does not. Kind of wondering if the only attraction to the 1bd Ptarmigan would be fireplace and appliance size since the unit is small. Thanks!

One Bedroom Suite - Village Pointe: King in master, sleeper sofa in living area. Mini kitchen with smaller than normal appliances. No fireplace or jetted tub. Smaller than typical unit and may require stairs for entry. Maximum occupancy 4.
One Bedroom - Village Pointe: King in master, sleeper sofa in living area. No fireplace. May require stairs for entry. Maximum occupancy 4.

One Bedroom Suite - Ptarmigan: Queen in master, sleeper sofa in living area. Mini kitchen with smaller than normal appliances. No fireplace or jetted tub. Smaller than typical unit. Maximum occupancy 4.
One Bedroom - Ptarmigan: Queen in master, sleeper sofa in living area. Smaller than typical unit. Maximum occupancy 4

TomCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Unfortunately, I have found the WM website lacking when it comes to the available detail on the variety of bookable units at WM Pagosa. Here is the HOA website which gives better information on the individual properties under the menu tab.
http://wyndhampagosa.net

We have a 2 bedroom loft unit (looks like a 3 level cabin near the lake) reserved in Eagles Loft for early October. Hopefully the aspen colors are still blazing at that point.

Hope this helps!

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Unfortunately, I have found the WM website lacking when it comes to the available detail on the variety of bookable units at WM Pagosa. Here is the HOA website which gives better information on the individual properties under the menu tab.
http://wyndhampagosa.net

We have a 2 bedroom loft unit (looks like a 3 level cabin near the lake) reserved in Eagles Loft for early October. Hopefully the aspen colors are still blazing at that point.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much! This is great information.

barco13

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I don't see what the advantage of the Ptarmigan would be over the Village Pointe Suite. I may be looking at this wrong, but it appears the 1bd Ptarmigan with Queen is only 396 sq ft vs Village Pointe Suite (King?) at 452 sq ft. Basing this off the bed size which appears to be off slight on HOA website maybe. EDIT - with the 1bd Ptarmigan being slightly higher points.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Interestingly enough, I don't see what the advantage of the Ptarmigan would be over the Village Pointe Suite. I may be looking at this wrong, but it appears the 1bd Ptarmigan with Queen is only 396 sq ft vs Village Pointe Suite (King?) at 452 sq ft. Basing this off the bed size which appears to be off slight on HOA website maybe. EDIT - with the 1bd Ptarmigan being slightly higher points.
I have heard that Ptamigan is very tired.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Hello!
Unfortunately, I have found the WM website lacking when it comes to the available detail on the variety of bookable units at WM Pagosa.

I wouldn’t disagree. However, the WM Pagosa page has been vastly improved over what it used to be.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I'm here now. Perigrine is visibly receiving an update -- the parking lot for several units is busy with dumpsters of "the old stuff" and boxes of "the new stuff." I wish WM could still book that section!! We really enjoyed those units for the large kitchen.

Looks like Eagle Loft refurb is complete. All the units look great from the outside ... and I'm betting they are good on the inside, now, too.

Village Pointe, where we are now, continues to show wear. The units are ready for a serious refurb ... but the view of the water is soooo lovely!

Teal Landing looks great from the outside ... and we had a great stay there a few years back ... but a friend staying there now suggests that the section is falling behind in housekeeping. She requested a second clean and still felt the room wasn't clean. Ultimately, she just did it herself ... and the problems should described weren't "over the top" picky ... sounded pretty straightforward and reasonable.

All the roads and driveways could use some TLC ... watch for the potholes and uneven patch upon patch upon patch ....

EDITED TO ADD: Why can't I book a Village Pointe 2BR unit? I can book the two halves individually ... but can't book the pair as a 2BR?

james234298

Reaction score
I grew up on Lawn Guyland, pretty much the complete opposite side of the state. I live in Minnesota now, but I'm still a city boy. Looking forward to your posts here.