• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

woot-off

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far no Bo'C. I'm not bidding on any more of those. Tried to give the dregs to the grandurchins and they left it at my house. Didn't want it either.

Jim

markbernstein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woot seems to have changed something. I usually use wooters.us to track Woot-Offs, but they, and a couple of other tracking sites I've checked, seem to be stuck on an item that sold out a few hours ago.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Woot simply hasn't been the same since the Amazon buy-out. Now it's just "Amazon Lite!"

The server issues appear to be fixed. But the problems run far deeper these days. I used to buy one item a month or so. Now I'm thinking of uninstalling my Wootalyzer because it's been so long since I made a purchase.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woot simply hasn't been the same since the Amazon buy-out. Now it's just "Amazon Lite!"

The server issues appear to be fixed. But the problems run far deeper these days. I used to buy one item a month or so. Now I'm thinking of uninstalling my Wootalyzer because it's been so long since I made a purchase.

Yup, i used to be a big fan of woot, but since the amazon situation...i only use Deals.Woot.Com, user submited deals

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use www.TodaysDoD.com they have a woot-off tracker when there's one going on and you can filter out 'stuff you don't want to see.

Scoop, you're right as usual. Amazon has taken the fun out of it. You never hear anymore about someone catching a big flatscreen in a Bag o' Crap. It's a diversion. Or distraction. You choose.

Jim

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I use www.TodaysDoD.com they have a woot-off tracker when there's one going on and you can filter out 'stuff you don't want to see.

Scoop, you're right as usual. Amazon has taken the fun out of it. You never hear anymore about someone catching a big flatscreen in a Bag o' Crap. It's a diversion. Or distraction. You choose.

Jim

And..... just like that, the wootoff is over. No BOC, nothing even remotely interesting. Just junk that Amazon wanted to be rid of, sold at 20% off Amazon prices.

Just got back from work, and didn't miss a thing. The Amazon overlords need to realize that the draw of woot was occasionally getting an unbelievable deal. Those days are gone for good, I'm afraid.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wondered what was up with the quick and lame W-O 2 days ago then during the night there has been a 'down for maintenance' box and nothing to buy. Now this. I missed the B o' C too, and that's a good thing.

Maybe Amazon's gotten the word that long time wooters are not happy with the new Woot.

Jim