• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKV Presentation - Linking Credit?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Well - good news for those of us who were skeptical about doomsday for SVN was here.

Just finished up with a presentation here at WKV. Was an interesting presentation and the salesman was practically begging me to buy (best incentives I've seen) - I'll post more details when I have additional time.

A few interesting observations:

1) WFlex was not really pushed at all - instead the push was to sell WKV weeks (plat and gold were all available). My understanding from TUG was that they were not selling individual weeks any longer - only Flex. He said weeks were only being sold on site at WKV.

2) Has anyone heard of "Linking Credits"? Apparently there is a $1500 credit if you stay in a Marriott hotel within the next seven days (I asked him to clarify whether he meant "up to $1500" and he said it was $1500 as long as I had a one night stay in a Marriott property within the next 7 days. The purchase form had a space for this beside spaces for Encore package redemption and trade-ins but I assume it was hot air. I have two separate stays within the next seven days after I check out here which will come to around $700. I wasn't buying anything but I had never heard of this credit.

3) They will take trade-ins in certain circumstances but are being quite selective. No lower-season or EOY weeks.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
As for 2), I had a similar credit offer at desert willow in November because I had a reservation made in LA after the stay in desert willow. The salesman asked for the email confirmation of the reservation to submit the credit along with the contract (if we sign). That was offered when they were trying to sell us WFlex.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder what the price of WKV platinum weeks are if they even have any?

zinger1457

Reaction score
Went through the presentation at WKV about a month ago, the sales rep only mentioned EOY weeks being available, don't recall the price. One thing that happened at the end of the presentation that never happened before was that the sales rep handed over all the worksheets from the presentation. Not sure if this is something new, first time I've been offered that information in the 13 years I've been an owner there.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I'm dying to know what their offer prices were. Please tell:)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
2BR L/O Plat - $48k
1BR Premium Plat - $28k
1BR Plat - $24k

EOY were also available but I didn’t record those prices. (I think the 1BR was $13.8k)

These prices were assuming no Bonvoy points (but would include 6 - 330k point purchase certificates). was also offered free closing.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
2BR L/O Plat - $48k
1BR Premium Plat - $28k
1BR Plat - $24k

EOY were also available but I didn’t record those prices. (I think the 1BR was $13.8k)

These prices were assuming no Bonvoy points (but would include 6 - 330k point purchase certificates). was also offered free closing.

would rather buy 3 resale 2BR platinum for the price of just 1 from them.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
would rather buy 3 resale 2BR platinum for the price of just 1 from them.

Agreed. Only way it might make sense would be to retro in a high value voluntary unit.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Vistana Villages in exchange for a unit at Lagunamar with no extra money, I would take it. I know I am dreaming, but ........ I would rather have 2 weeks at Lagunamar (that I could break into 4 weeks) than one at Villages and one at Lagunamar. Even with the higher yearly fees at Lagunamar I wouldn't mind as it is such a better resort than Villages. I will let you know what the offer is.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vistana Villages in exchange for a unit at Lagunamar with no extra money, I would take it. I know I am dreaming, but ........ I would rather have 2 weeks at Lagunamar (that I could break into 4 weeks) than one at Villages and one at Lagunamar. Even with the higher yearly fees at Lagunamar I wouldn't mind as it is such a better resort than Villages. I will let you know what the offer is.
Booking Lagunamar at 8 months has not been difficult for us. We use our 2 SVV units to get 4 weeks at Lagunamar in January. So it is still possible to get 2 weeks for your SVV if you travel in Gold Season. Is your lagunamar unit Platinum or Gold season?

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Our Lagunamar unit is in gold season which we have been happy with. We use it as a one bedroom and extended our stay past one week Usually we stay 12 days.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on when you wish to travel you might want to keep what you have and use your SVV staroptions to book Lagunamar gold season.

We loved Lagunamar also, so we bought some resale Platinum units and a couple of SVV specifically to book January gold season for less MF than buying the same gold season from Lagunamar . We bought mandatory so we are flexible if we want to go somewhere else.

Since you have SO associated with both your units maybe keeping the SVV is ok