• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORVN - Booking 2 room categories

Ahsndpro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have enough options to book my week in a 1BR, plus either an eighth night in a 1BR or 2 extra nights in a studio. Will they let me book 7 nights in a 1BR and 2 in a Studio? Any info is much appreciated.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - if it's available - what timeframe are you looking for?

You can go online and check availability, and make your reservations as well.

Ahsndpro

TUG Member
Reaction score
September 2016. Looks like there is availability, just waiting for my booking window to open.

Thanks for the fast response!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If this will be completely a Staroption reservation (as opposed to making a 7 night home resort reservation + a Staroption reservation) you can reserve 8 nights on one confirmation/one unit - if available.

However, you won't get your deeded view - if that's important.

To get your deeded view you must make the 7 night reservation ASAP, and then make the 1 or 2 night reservation 8 mos. before check-in - on a separate confirmation.

Did you know that you can make your reservation online the night BEFORE the phone lines open, at midnight eastern?

Ahsndpro

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my home resort but not my use year, so it's all Staroptions. I'm just trying to maximize my options remaining and would rather have 9 nights (7 1BR + 2 Studio) than 8 nights in a 1BR.

I'll log in tomorrow night and give it a shot. Thanks again!

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my home resort but not my use year, so it's all Staroptions. I'm just trying to maximize my options remaining and would rather have 9 nights (7 1BR + 2 Studio) than 8 nights in a 1BR.

I'll log in tomorrow night and give it a shot. Thanks again!

Have you considered the time and hassle of moving to the studio? You have to pack everything up, check out, check in and have no villa from 10am - 4pm most likely.

We have moved quite a bit and I find it is not worth it unless its for at least three days. I would definitely consider making your reservation for 8 nights in the 1 bedrm. You won't have to move that way. Easier all around.

Good luck with your reservation!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Have you considered the time and hassle of moving to the studio? You have to pack everything up, check out, check in and have no villa from 10am - 4pm most likely.

Having had to change villas the last time I was on Maui, I agree with this. It was a PITA to move, especially the food. They do give you bins to move, and will store your luggage (and food in a refrigerator) but being homeless for 6 hours is a bummer. I'd even accept a downgraded view if it would help me avoid changing rooms mid week.

In fact, I hate being homeless so much that I now routinely take the red eye home the night before check-out instead of check-out day.

IF I did it again, I'd simply plan to be gone all day, and not return til after 4pm.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree - moving, and especially being homeless for most of the day, is a PITA and not worth it.

Another option is to book a studio for 9 or 10 days for a longer stay, in one unit.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I think I would prefer to start out with the 2 day reservation and then move for the 7 days before we had accumulated a lot of food, etc. You also won't have the letdown of moving to a studio after being in a larger unit.

Ahsndpro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the feedback; hadn't even thought about being without a room for a few hours! We gave it some thought and we are going to try moving and see how much it effects us. We changed resorts last time and survived (before we bought, we stayed for the promotional tour then went somewhere else for a few days). We aren't in the room too much during the day anyway, but we'll be sure to plan an activity for those six hours.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree about moving. We generally do this and take the day to go upcountry, so being homeless for 6 hours doesn't matter.