• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV 2-BR - 2/6/21 no longer available for Home Resort Booking

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just had an interesting conversation with a Vistana rep (on hold for only 4 minutes!). I was "practicing" and getting ready to make a Home Resort reservation tonight for 2/13/21. So I looked at 2/6/21 and I saw no availability for 2/6/21 for 2-BR, except that it could be booked with SO only on 6/6/20. She said that Vistana holds back some of the units for SO reservations. Anyone else ever receive that type of explanation? Interesting... CJ

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Are you trying to use Flex home options or a regular week that you own at the resort?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Just had an interesting conversation with a Vistana rep (on hold for only 4 minutes!). I was "practicing" and getting ready to make a Home Resort reservation tonight for 2/13/21. So I looked at 2/6/21 and I saw no availability for 2/6/21 for 2-BR, except that it could be booked with SO only on 6/6/20. She said that Vistana holds back some of the units for SO reservations. Anyone else ever receive that type of explanation? Interesting... CJ

A more likely explanation is that the Westin Flex Trust owns that week and is holding it for Westin Trust owners to reserve; at the eight month mark it will become available for StarOption reservations. At least I hope that is the answer. Because I would be mighty p*ssed off if I were an owner and a unit was being held back from inventory available for a Home Resort reservation for the benefit of an indirect owner or exchanger.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
They do seem to hold some inventory for SO reservations at 8 month out. I only own direct weeks at WKORV, and I see the same message mentioned in the OP. The week of February 6 is not available for reservations at the 12-8 month mark, but some of those weeks will be available at the 8 month mark as an SO reservation. I've seen this in prior years.

Remember that an SO reservation is for a floating view. It is possible that there are no more rooms of the view you own, but at 8 months you will be able to make a floating view reservation that could result in getting say an island view when you arrive though you own OV. Room assignments don't occur until a couple of days before arrival.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also wouldn't take any conversation with a Vistana rep as 100% accurate -- (not saying it is or it isn't).

I'd agree with vacationtime ... more likely the trust owns multiple weeks and these are one of the units holding for Westin Flex... or as I mentioned, the rep is misinformed. Also possible it is an HOA owned week and that they are retaining this week for whatever reason.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
Even with Westin Flex, there is currently nothing available for the week checking in on 2/6/21. Checking in on 2/12/21, only studios are available currently in WF, so probably have to be booking exactly at midnight if you own there..

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Well... I own WKORV OFD (that is not in Flex) and for the 1st time I was not able to reserve at 12 months (exactly!) our OFD studio for Prez Week (2/13/21).

Yet... shows low availability for OF Studio Premium Villa (reservation window 6/13/20 - 8 month point).

First time denied, and site was operating fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Frustrating experience here. I was able to book my OF 1BR WKORVN right at midnight, but then I got a message that it was no longer available. When I tried to book again, I was told I can't book it because I have another unit on hold, and can only make one reservation at a time. Grrrrrr!!!! I was only able to confirm a WKORV OV studio reservation. Nothing else was available.

Added: I'm still checking to see if units open up, and now WKORV has units for 2/6/21 check-in - what the OP mauitraveler was wanting.

Last edited:

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the first time that I couldn't reserve KORV-OV 2BR at 9:02 (PST). I got the message that it was no longer available, just like PamMo. Luckily, ! was able to reserve KORVN-OV 2BR at 9:01 (PST). Next year I'll have to book KORVN last, because it was still available at 9:20! CJ

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to book WKORV OV 2BR and after completing that reservation went back in to Reserve WKORV-N 2BR IV. I started pressing buttons exactly at 12:00 am EST, and took a couple of minutes to get to the reservation confirmation. The system seemed slow but worked without issues for me. I also booked the prior week of these two units last week and had no issues. I have two consecutive reservations at each resort.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Which week is higher demand in Maui, Presidents week or 4th of July?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
President's Week would be more demand.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
As mentioned it must be availability by view related as to why you see nothing as a Home Resort Reservation but SO Reservations were available to be made in 4 months time. BTW thanks for the reminder as I'd totally forgotten about this but just managed to reserve 2BR IV at WKORVN for 2/13/21 without a problem, 17 hours after the window opened.

Pipercub925

TUG Member
Reaction score
I posted something this morning on another thread (not sure if that is what its called, I'm a newbie to all this) about trying to reserve last night with no luck for 02-13-21. I checked a few minutes before it opened at midnight just to make sure it didn't open early, and it didn't. Right at midnight, I tried to reserve a 2 bedroom at WKORV North. It went to the reservation window like I was going to get it, but within 20 or 30 seconds of the thing spinning around, red letters came up saying nothing was available, I needed to retry or something along that line. I continued trying for about 10 minutes and no oceanfront was available, including 1 bedrooms or studios. I continued trying numerous times through the night and early in the morning to see if maybe something opened up, but it stay the same thing each time. I called Vistana first thing, and after about a 10 minute wait on the elite service line I was able to talk to someone. He told me he had spoke to numerous people already calling in that morning complaining about the same thing. He said its just a busy time and the economy is up, so people are vacationing and traveling more. Tonight I tried again, thinking maybe I could get a 2 bedroom for Sunday Feb 14th, 2021. Again, I checked it right before midnight to make sure it didn't open early, which it didn't. Once it opened, and I was on the reservation page with the little thing spinning, I looked at the time on my computer and it was exactly midnight, but within 10 or 20 seconds the red writing came up again that nothing was available, to try again. I tried numerous times with the same thing every time, but no luck. I noticed by 12:03 a.m., there were no studios, 1 bedrooms, or 2 bedrooms available that were oceanfront. When I was looking this morning, I thought it was odd, there were OF's open up until close to the end of January, then nothing. No oceanfronts available for any size unit. Just seems odd to me.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Well... I own WKORV OFD (that is not in Flex) and for the 1st time I was not able to reserve at 12 months (exactly!) our OFD studio for Prez Week (2/13/21).

Yet... shows low availability for OF Studio Premium Villa (reservation window 6/13/20 - 8 month point).

First time denied, and site was operating fine.

I was successful for following week - Feb 20 2021, but I suspect just barely.