• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Windward Oahu Ono Grinds

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
They don't head over to Kaneohe too often. These looked pretty good for anyone heading over that way.

mchct

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! So many spam musubi flavors! We don't head out as often since we usually stay at the MKO on the west side, but our friend lives near Diamond Head so we'll have to try the musubis and poke if we're heading that way!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Thanks for sharing! So many spam musubi flavors! We don't head out as often since we usually stay at the MKO on the west side, but our friend lives near Diamond Head so we'll have to try the musubis and poke if we're heading that way!

I agree. That Char Siu Spam Musubi really looked good. :thumbup:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
If you take the coastal 72 route from Oahu there is a Leonards food truck in the Koko Marina shopping center, just before Hanauma Bay. Hot malasadas beat those donuts, mmmmm :)-

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If you take the coastal 72 route from Oahu there is a Leonards food truck in the Koko Marina shopping center, just before Hanauma Bay. Hot malasadas beat those donuts, mmmmm :)-

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

Surprised that Leonard's would have a food truck. But given how crowded the Kapahulu location can get, maybe it's not so surprising. Thanks for this tip! We'll be back on Oahu next Summer.

Dave

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Surprised that Leonard's would have a food truck. But given how crowded the Kapahulu location can get, maybe it's not so surprising. Thanks for this tip! We'll be back on Oahu next Summer.
@DaveNV I hope you're sitting; Leonard's has 4 trucks. In addition to Koko Marina Shopping Center, there's one at Pearlridge Mall, Windward Mall, and Waikele Shopping Center. We typically avoid the one at Pearlridge since they consistently overcook them. Thankfully, the one at Windward Mall is great and within walking distance from us.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@DaveNV I hope you're sitting; Leonard's has 4 trucks. In addition to Koko Marina Shopping Center, there's one at Pearlridge Mall, Windward Mall, and Waikele Shopping Center. We typically avoid the one at Pearlridge since they consistently overcook them. Thankfully, the one at Windward Mall is great and within walking distance from us.

We stopped at the one in the Windward mall when my daughter was in town. It was awesome and no line at all but it can get busy too. :thumbup:

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

We stopped at the one in the Windward mall when my daughter was in town. It was awesome and no line at all but ot. An get busy too. :thumbup:

Wait... What??? So you're saying my next visit to Oahu will have to include a taste test at these four Leonard's trucks?? Well, alrighty then! :D

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wait... What??? So you're saying my next visit to Oahu will have to include a taste test at these four Leonard's trucks?? Well, alrighty then! :D

Dave

Yep, you HAVE to. :D

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just go to Buzz’s steakhouse

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Malasadas are nice , but trucks too far away from mom/family house. Will have to make due with pastries from original Liliha bakery ;), just 2 long blocks away.
I really like the frosting on their Chantilly cake. It's the same one that tops their coco puff creampuffs
Also like the cream pies from Ted's bakery.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Malasadas are nice , but trucks too far away from mom/family house. Will have to make due with pastries from original Liliha bakery ;), just 2 long blocks away.
I really like the frosting on their Chantilly cake. It's the same one that tops their coco puff creampuffs

We always loved being able to grab a Ted's Cream Pie while shopping at Safeway.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Do they still? They quit selling to retail outlets during COVID.
Hmm, I can't remember getting a pie last year; my late mom favored cocopuffs towards the end. Got a pie in August 2020 for my mom's birthday. If Ted's scaled back last year, I hope they are back in the retail markets when we visit next month. Otherwise we might have to make a trek up to Ted's on the north shore :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmm, I can't remember getting a pie last year; my late mom favored cocopuffs towards the end. Got a pie in August 2020 for my mom's birthday. If Ted's scaled back last year, I hope they are back in the retail markets when we visit next month. Otherwise we might have to make a trek up to Ted's on the north shore :)

I didn't think they were so you may have to trip to the North shore. :thumbup: They didn't when we left at the end of February.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Didn't the Liliha Bakery in Kalihi close a few years ago? Did they move somewhere else? I thought they shut down. (Edit: Nevermind. I just googled them. More locations than I expected. Yay!)

We stop at Ted's Bakery when we drive up the Windward side to Haleiwa. I never knew they sold their pies at Safeway or Times.

Dave

Last edited:

mchct

TUG Member
Reaction score
All this talk of Leonard's Malasadas and Ted's pies! Yeah, the donuts on the video looked interesting but sorry, nothing beats a fresh, hot malasada! We usually stop at the Leonard's truck at the Waikele Center because you can see it from the freeway!

And I thought that a while back, Sam's Club sold some Ted's Pies but probably not anymore. We always like to make a stop at Costco and Sam's Club wherever we go! But the Sam's Club food court did have (not sure now though) a Kalua shredded pork plate, spam or hot dog musubis (but regular, nothing fancy and with so many options like the Kaneohe shop!) and their "Icee Float" which is alternate layers of their vanilla ice cream with your choice of Icee and we usually get the melon flavored! I even kept the receipt with the item number and tried to see if our So Cal Sam's Club could make an Icee Float here, but they said it doesn't come up so I'd probably have to buy one icee and one ice cream but I don't think the Sam's Club food court employee would be happy having to make it

If you haven't tried andagi or the other name is Okinawa donut, it's basically a small fried donut ball but very good when hot and fresh. When on Oahu, we'll try to see where the Andagi Guy will be, but he's usually scheduled to show at the Don Quijote Kaheka or Waipahu (closer to MKO) store on certain days/times. Yeah, it's like we're chasing or have to plan and route our food trips out! https://www.honolulumagazine.com/uc...-andagi-in-honolulu-according-to-the-experts/

And Liliha and their coco puffs! And chicken from Mitsu Ken... Need to go to Oahu soon!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All this talk of Leonard's Malasadas and Ted's pies! Yeah, the donuts on the video looked interesting but sorry, nothing beats a fresh, hot malasada! We usually stop at the Leonard's truck at the Waikele Center because you can see it from the freeway!

And I thought that a while back, Sam's Club sold some Ted's Pies but probably not anymore. We always like to make a stop at Costco and Sam's Club wherever we go! But the Sam's Club food court did have (not sure now though) a Kalua shredded pork plate, spam or hot dog musubis (but regular, nothing fancy and with so many options like the Kaneohe shop!) and their "Icee Float" which is alternate layers of their vanilla ice cream with your choice of Icee and we usually get the melon flavored! I even kept the receipt with the item number and tried to see if our So Cal Sam's Club could make an Icee Float here, but they said it doesn't come up so I'd probably have to buy one icee and one ice cream but I don't think the Sam's Club food court employee would be happy having to make it

If you haven't tried andagi or the other name is Okinawa donut, it's basically a small fried donut ball but very good when hot and fresh. When on Oahu, we'll try to see where the Andagi Guy will be, but he's usually scheduled to show at the Don Quijote Kaheka or Waipahu (closer to MKO) store on certain days/times. Yeah, it's like we're chasing or have to plan and route our food trips out! https://www.honolulumagazine.com/uc...-andagi-in-honolulu-according-to-the-experts/

And Liliha and their coco puffs! And chicken from Mitsu Ken... Need to go to Oahu soon!

Lots of great places to eat on Oahu. I know Amanda and Felix went to a place that had Andagi. I couldn't find it since the desert portions of their videos aren't in the title. They do a good job of mixing up all the local places all over the island.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Do they still? They quit selling to retail outlets during COVID.
Teds no longer sells wholesale to stores about a month ago. You can now only buy them at their store on the North Shore. It was a supply chain and labor issue from what I read.