• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Windows 11

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
My first computer was an AT&T double floppy (5.25" disks), no hard drive, bought in 1984. (Ex worked for AT&T and got a 40% discount.) Every program, including word processing, fit on one of those floppies. Sometimes I long for the lack of bloat DOS programs had!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I started with a 2k Timex Sinclair. That was frustrating. It's amazing I stuck with computers after starting with that. :D
deliveryService.jpeg

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I started with a 2k Timex Sinclair. That was frustrating. It's amazing I stuck with computers after starting with that. :D
View attachment 41876

I had one of those, with a 48K expansion module. Woohoo! :D The cassette recorder I used to read the cassette programs was larger than the computer was.

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I had one of those, with a 48K expansion module. Woohoo! :D The cassette recorder I used to read the cassette programs was larger than the computer was.

Dave

I remember I ordered it from Sears for $29.99 and it was so good when I went to pick it up they only charged me $11.99. :D
They must have been just dumping the inventory but it wasn't advertised so I was happy.

Did I learn my lesson after that, No Sir. I ordered a Timex Sinclair 2068. It was much better and only cost me $50 though. :D

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I upgraded to Win 11 - so far no problems, it looks a lot like Win 10
I have not been able to print via my Brother monochrome laser since upgrading. I can't say it worked recently on W10 either. DWs (W10) prints wirelessly just like always. Dunno the magic rub.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have not been able to print via my Brother monochrome laser since upgrading. I can't say it worked recently on W10 either. DWs (W10) prints wirelessly just like always. Dunno the magic rub.

Check with your printer maker's website to see if they have a Win11 driver. That may be the difference between Win 10 and Win11 for it. Sometimes it needs a swift kick in the rear to work right.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check with your printer maker's website to see if they have a Win11 driver. That may be the difference between Win 10 and Win11 for it. Sometimes it needs a swift kick in the rear to work right.
There was some stuff about 'testing', but no handy-dandy 'click here' for a new driver. This is low priority. I'll check it out later.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I guess I have to update from Win 10 to Win 10 21h1 to be able to update to win 11. I use chrome so I'm not sure it even matters yet.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I have to update from Win 10 to Win 10 21h1 to be able to update to win 11. I use chrome so I'm not sure it even matters yet.
You'll like Edge.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Well that update only made my laptop run slow. It says to do a pc check then wants me to load an app to see if I can load win 11. I'm bored enough to try it.

Edit : I tried the app and apparently my laptop meets the requirements but isn't compatible regarding the processor os build.

Bill

Last edited:

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Just got a new Dell laptop from Costco. Edge and I suppose Windows 11? Does anyone have a tip on how to transfer my favorites from my Lenovo Windows 10? DH is pretty tech savvy but no luck in his attempts.

BTW Costco refunded us $50 without being requested to do so since their buyer was able to obtain a better price on this item!

As another aside, I have worked part-time for a For Profit Charter School since 2009. My laptop there is a Lenovo that I have had since 2010 that uses Windows 7! Of late it shuts down out of the blue. Been begging for a new laptop for the past 4 years to no avail, but at last was handed down a used Dell from a RIFd employee, which I still cannot use since tech support isn't!

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have had the best luck with HP laptops. Bought the first for our child entering HS many years ago. He passed that down to his 3 yrs younger brother when he needed a different one for his engineering pgm (lenovo thru the school). That HP lasted the younder child into his first year of college when we got a newer factory refurb HP. That HP is still pretty fast and has no issues other than you can close it anymore because he dropped it and cracked off one rear corner causing a problem with the hinge. Still uses it daily nearly 8 years later. Has been through multiple OS updates starting with W7 to W10pro. I just saw a used one just like it go for close to 225 with shipping on ebay! Meanwhile, my older son is now on his 3rd lenovo(the first one was replaced by the school on their warranty pgm).

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Just got a new Dell laptop from Costco. Edge and I suppose Windows 11? Does anyone have a tip on how to transfer my favorites from my Lenovo Windows 10? DH is pretty tech savvy but no luck in his attempts.
If he's pretty tech savvy, he can:
1) get an external drive
2) download the free Macrium Reflect backup software
3) backup the disk image of your new PC
4) backup your old PC
5) restore the old PC backup over top of the new PC

Most of the drivers will be installed automatically when it boots, but if not, you can download them from Dell.

It what I just did with my new Dell laptop. It saved having to reinstall all the programs and transfer all the data and preferences. It works just like my old PC, but faster.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

It costs $45, but the Dell Migrate will copy all the necessary files from your old PC to your new Dell PC. This link includes a video that describes how it works.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Windows 10 vs Windows 11

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned