• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Willing to pay for help reselling Wyndham contracts

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I march to a different drummer. Three examples: (1) At one time in my career, I used to trade Government Bonds in multimillion dollar blocks. An old Bond Trader told me "Your first loss is your best loss". Following his advice served me well. (2) Another example I have enunciated here previously was in finding good homes for my race horses who weren't going to make it on the track. Routinely I would pay people $500 to $1,000 to take them figuring the quicker they were gone the less my expenses to keep them would be. And (3) I owned a TS Week at Orofino at Straight Creek and got wind of a large Special Assessment in my future. I gave the HOA $1,000 to take it back and saved many times that by quick action. Good luck. Different strokes for different folks...

George
The comparison here is that some of the weeks are the horses that wouldn't make it on the track and some others are perhaps ones that could compete in the Derby. Would you be willing to give the Derby horses ones away and potentially be stuck with the ones not fit for the track and have to keep feeding them for the rest of their lives because there are no takers?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The comparison here is that some of the weeks are the horses that wouldn't make it on the track and some others are perhaps ones that could compete in the Derby. Would you be willing to give the Derby horses ones away and potentially be stuck with the ones not fit for the track and have to keep feeding them for the rest of their lives because there are no takers?
Every asset is a judgement call. I just happen to lean toward "the quicker, the better" and move on. Others look at things differently. More power to them. They may be right. Only time will tell...

George

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in a similar place. You are selling 2.5 million points, I am selling about 4 million, but I want to keep about 4.5 million points to keep my two accounts and the status that goes with those. I have not even used PIC for a while. I forget to do it. The weeks are valuable as weeks. So why PIC?

I advertised on TUG classifieds and have sold a few already. I don't have any with fees of $4.50 per thousand that I am selling. Pagosa Springs is the one I will probably never be able to get rid of. I actually have TWO of those things. The fees were cheap when I bought them, and now they are ridiculously high. I am even keeping one resale, a New Mexico Angelfire that is very cheap in MF's.
I own a Durango contract. Fees are high there too, but we need ARP for certain time frames. Only twice I was able to pick up a cancellation within 60 days obtain a discount, and then I cancelled the original reservation. To me, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Pagosa is close to Wolf Creek. Try marketing it to snow skiers.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I own a Durango contract. Fees are high there too, but we need ARP for certain time frames. Only twice I was able to pick up a cancellation within 60 days obtain a discount, and then I cancelled the original reservation. To me, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Pagosa is close to Wolf Creek. Try marketing it to snow skiers.
I have thought about taking those units out of points. But you might be right about ski season in Pagosa. Maybe I should try to book Christmas week next year.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used LT to do the closing/submission/escrow work. I had 7. Now I have 1 and I've decided to keep that one. I had tried going Certified Exit right from the start. But when the 9-12 week document prep window came and went, I just did it on my own. After 15 weeks Certified Exit did send the paperwork with a whopping 2 week turnaround to get it sent back in notarized.

Do it on your own. $50 to list on eBay for one month.