• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg with kids

PastorJeff

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have three children, ages 11, 11, and 10. They are pretty active, and we've had some good exchanges in the past with resorts that cater to kids (Horizons in Orlando, and Split Rock in Pennsylvania).

Can anyone recommend which resorts in the Williamsburg area are the most kid friendly - or even kid focused?

Big selling points include:
Planned activities
Big pool or multiple pools
Video game room

A "Kid's club" :whoopie: of some sort is great, but hard to come by.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm going to move this to the US Eastern Board where you will get expert help - don't forget to check the TUG Reviews!

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndam Kingsgate, is where my kids love to go. Its hard to drag them away as they spend all their time in the game room (which has free play-Resort charges $5 a day activity fee) and great games (heck me and DH stay in there for hours ourselves) a decent pool and close to all that Williamsburg has to offer.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another kid's friendly resort is King's Creek.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone says Manor Club (Marriott) because that's where we think we may take the kids next summer.

CAROLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort in Split Rock do you recommend? We are looking for a close trade for the first week of November....II shows WSP or GSP and then WWS also seems to be Split Rock even though it says Willowbrook at Lake Harmony? I am a little confused...

PastorJeff

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort in Split Rock do you recommend? We are looking for a close trade for the first week of November....II shows WSP or GSP and then WWS also seems to be Split Rock even though it says Willowbrook at Lake Harmony? I am a little confused...

We stay at the Galleria (GSP?), which is the main building on top of the hill at Split Rock. The pool, waterpark, bowling ally, indoor tennis courts, movie theater, and all other indoor activities are in the same building. However, this is also the oldest part of the resort. They are gradually upgrading the rooms, but they can feel a bit dim. We like it because everything our kids want to do (other than the lake and mini golf) is right there and we can give them lots of freedom.

The other buildings (Willowbrook, etc.) are more modern and more nicely appointed, and all have access to the activities at the Galleria, but you have to drive or take a substantial walk to get there.

Hope this helps!
Jeff

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at the Manor Club and they do have a children program. Our grandkids are 10 and 14 and they are to busy going to Busch Garden, Water Country USA and some motor race car attraction in Williamburg.

Do not worry your children will enjoy the three pools at the Manor Club, the game room, the basketball course and the 4 tennis courts. Plus there is a golf course on site.

Williamsburg has a very nice AMF bowling complex, movie complex, and out door activities like boating, fishing, crabbing, horseback riding in the area.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just went with my wife's sister and her family the four kids aged 10-15 had a great time just hanging around, playing tennis, going to the pool, riding bikes, etc. Make sure you either bring or rent bikes since you can ride around Ford's Colony.

I'm hoping someone says Manor Club (Marriott) because that's where we think we may take the kids next summer.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed with kids at the Plantation, Marriott Fords Colony (Manor Club and Sequel), and Wyndham Governor's Green. If you plan to cook, be aware that half of the units at the Plantation have a mini-kitchen - bar sink, microwave, mini-fridge. Also, last time we went there was a difference in beds from the older to newer units - in one case there were twin beds in the second bedroom, and in the other case there was one queen bed. You might want to call to double-check.

All are kid-friendly, but I don't think any of them has enough to keep kids busy for a week. All have pools, which we've found to be pretty grubby, though the kids don't seem to be picky. The indoor pools aren't very big, but are ok.

If you're going in the summer, you'll find bigger outdoor pools at the Plantation and Marriott (on the sequel side, though that's just across a parking lot from the other side). I didn't notice one at the Wyndham. The Marriott is surrounded by lovely wooded grounds - great for walking. The Marriott Sequel also has a playground area - swing set and some climbing stuff, as I recall. I remember a game room at the Wyndham.

I recommend spending several days at Colonial Williamsburg (easily 2-3 days, if you sign up for some of the many tours and presentations - check history.org), another day split between the two Yorktowne sites, and another day split between the two Jamestown sites.

Then I'd use the resort's pools, games, etc for downtime in the evening - maybe one parent can handle that while the other goes to the many great outlets :) Don't miss the Williamsburg Pottery - it's NOT just pottery.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
All of the Wyndhams in Williamsburg have nice outdoor pools. If you're trading through II, Marriott's Manor Club (have read mixed about Sequel, so would choose the original myself) and Wyndham Governor's Green would be my first choices with kids. Our kids loved all there was to do at GG: indoor & outdoor pools, mini-golf, games rooms, computer room, activities room. MMC is a little more upscale and I think GG is also very, very nice and a bit more family-friendly.

If you're trading through RCI, Wyndham Kingsgate would be my preference hands-down. Most kids love the games room ($35/wk for the unit but unlimited play all week on the games). They also have indoor & outdoor pools, mini-golf, tennis, organized activities. Our pastor's family (4 kids from 8-19 yrs old) recently returned from a week there. They visited some of the area sights but they also spent a lot of time enjoying the resort, said they loved it just as our family has. Lots of people love Greensprings, which offers indoor & outdoor pools and plenty of activities too - haven't been there personally.