• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg which resort is more fun for young kids

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Marriott's Manor Club - most expansive but for what?
Colonies at Williamsburg - large space and water pools
Holiday Inn Williamsburg - it has a bowling alley!

I feel I want to go with Holiday Inn.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What does your children enjoy doing at a resort or on vacation ?
Williamsburg have Busch Garden amusement park and Water Country USA amusement park. These are just two of some of the attractions in Williamsburg for children: other attractions include Jamestown Festivals Park, Colonial Williamsburg tours, Yorktown Park, a go kart center, putt putt courses, bowling center, lakes for fishing, etc.,

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
What does your children enjoy doing at a resort or on vacation ?
Williamsburg have Busch Garden amusement park and Water Country USA amusement park. These are just two of some of the attractions in Williamsburg for children: other attractions include Jamestown Festivals Park, Colonial Williamsburg tours, Yorktown Park, a go kart center, putt putt courses, bowling center, lakes for fishing, etc.,
Yeah good advice on attractions for kids in the neighborhood. For a week in Williamsburg, I am looking for a resort packed with kids activities so we have the option to just relax for a couple of day and back from outside activities.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Kingsgate has a free arcade for 8 dollars a day
It also has a free movie theater. The heated outdoor pool at Kingsgate is a hit with my kids. I believe the Marriott has one as well, but it is smaller.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriott's Manor Club does not charge resort fees.
They have a heated indoor pool, two outdoor pool, a splash pool for children, they show free movies for children with popcorn, they have tennis & pickleball courts, a full length basketball course, horseshoe pit, Cornwall, and free board games for children, plus other children activities manage by their recreation staff. I have not listed all the children activities .

Their will be many children at the Manor of all ages. LOL

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Marriott Manor Club is a lovely, high-end resort, located in a country club community. If the cost is not a lot more, I'd pick that 1st for the beautiful ground, units, pools, overall ambience.

Last edited:

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
Marriott Manor Club is a lovely, high-end resort, located in a country club community. If the cost is not a lot more, I'd pick that 1st for the beautiful ground, units, pools, overall ambience.
Yeah definitely. If Marriott adds just one Bowling alley to make it perfect. No one votes holiday inn?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah definitely. If Marriott adds just one Bowling alley to make it perfect. No one votes holiday inn?
There is a nice bowling alley complex less than 3 1/2 miles from the resort off Richmond Road (across from the outlet mall).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott's Manor Club - most expansive but for what?
Colonies at Williamsburg - large space and water pools
Holiday Inn Williamsburg - it has a bowling alley!

I feel I want to go with Holiday Inn.
The bowling alley complex is less than 1 1/2 miles from the Colonies at Williamsburg.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
They have a heated indoor pool, two outdoor pool, a splash pool for children, they show free movies for children with popcorn, they have tennis & pickleball courts, a full length basketball course, horseshoe pit, Cornwall, and free board games for children, plus other children activities manage by their recreation staff.

I thought I had heard the outdoor pool at the Marriott was heated. Is it not? Thinking abt possibly booking it for Thanksgiving.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
BTW, what is the difference between Marriott's Manor Club Sequel (MSE, II premier), and Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony (MMC, II Elite)?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriott’s Manor Club Sequel are all locked out units.
The MMC unit are all two bedrooms units; both tImeshare are located at Ford’s Colony in Williamsburg, VA.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
The Marriott’s Manor Club Sequel are all locked out units.
The MMC unit are all two bedrooms units; both tImeshare are located at Ford’s Colony in Williamsburg, VA.
Thanks. so they share ameniteis and basically the same except room types. Not sure why one is Premier and the other Elite.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The outdoor pool in the main building is heated. The pool on the sequel side closes once it gets cold.