• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will MVCI build another one on HHI?

Phillie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you think Surfwatch will be the last MVCI built on the island? Can the island absorb another property? During a wine and cheese social sales reps were talking up the new international sales center and come take a tour to see the new properties plus learn about the new zones on II being rolled out. What are the zones they are talking about? They offered 10,000 points or 75 dollars which I thought seemed low compared to what I have been reading here about the latest offers to tour. If they dont build another property then why would they keep a sales office still on the island? Is this typical? Have they done this at other locations?

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The recent sales pitches (Waiohai and Oceana Palms) the the sales persons spent as much effort trying to sell other properties as they did their own.

Since everyone can sell everything now, the logical extension is to not have to have anything local to sell, ergo, an general purpose sales center at every resort.

Art

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Do you think Surfwatch will be the last MVCI built on the island? Can the island absorb another property?

I can't find it now, but I know I've read that Marriott says that SurfWatch will be the last MVCI built on Hilton Head. I did a search here on TUG and I also checked the MVCI page. Couldn't find the specific info I'm talking about.

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They said that about the Barony too ... then they got a hold of Burke's Beach property. So, I do not think anyone can really say that Surf Watch will be the last. I can say that HHI is a very political place and if there is anything in the "wind" it will be kept close to the vest until deals are struck and papers are signed. :D

There was a murmur down here about another property under speculation. It was referred to as "Grand Ocean 2" but trying to put together what I think I heard with what I could physically find, we think I either heard it wrong or it is just a rumor. In any case the property referred to is apparently under a 50 year lease now with 4 years to go. The other specifics were not able to be confirmed so perhaps it is a pipe dream ... in any case it is certainly not in the near future.

Barony was the last property for at least six years or maybe a little more. :shrug:

Beverley

CAROLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
During my recent stay at the SW they tried to get me to take the tour, but $75 wasn't worth a couple hours of my time while I am in vacation....plus I have "sucker" written on my forehead so I don't trust myself.

Anyway the salesman who called me mentioned something about "zones" and that we won't be able to trade between zones in the future. When I asked for more details about that, he said he didn't know.

Did anyone take the tour and know what this guy was alluding to?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
During my recent stay at the SW they tried to get me to take the tour, but $75 wasn't worth a couple hours of my time while I am in vacation....plus I have "sucker" written on my forehead so I don't trust myself.

Anyway the salesman who called me mentioned something about "zones" and that we won't be able to trade between zones in the future. When I asked for more details about that, he said he didn't know.

Did anyone take the tour and know what this guy was alluding to?

That was salesman speak for, "let me scare you into buying something new based on a rumor we're starting." Ignore it and it will go away.