• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why I like Timeshares (they're cheap)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I Live on Long Island, so i'm surrounded by beach and during the summer months i find myself going less and less every year....What i tend to be doing more as i get old is boating...The Sand and the Sea is fun when your a kid...but as i get older i'm really starting to enjoy sitting on the deck of a boat with a fishing rod in one hand and a beer in the other...i noticed (Some) canals around LeHigh Acres...for me, as long as they lead out into the sea....thats all i need

Lehigh Acres wont work for canals (those are drainage ditches you see there)

...Cape Coral has over 200 miles of Gulf Access canals. Thats what you want.

and 30 may be the begining of the end from your perspective....but wait until your daughter turns 40 and starts getting grey hair.....thats when I knew I was getting old....

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you lots in Lehigh acres include access to the gulf.
and moonstone, we in sw Florida regard St Augustine as cold, in fact many peope claim Sarasota, Orlando, the villages, etc are cold. ;)

When I lived in Deland, I considered that area to be cold. That is why I do my snowbird vacationing in Ft Lauderdale. Plus, I like seeing the ocean or intercoastal waterway.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I lived in Deland, I considered that area to be cold. That is why I do my snowbird vacationing in Ft Lauderdale. Plus, I like seeing the ocean or intercoastal waterway.

There a line at about Sarasota. Its always colder north of there.

I didnt come to Florida for cold weather, so I bought in Fort Myers.

I no longer own any coats or jackets...just some sweaters on a shelf in the back of my closet..... and as far north as I go in the winter is Orlando.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I don't think you lots in Lehigh acres include access to the gulf.
and moonstone, we in sw Florida regard St Augustine as cold, in fact many peope claim Sarasota, Orlando, the villages, etc are cold. ;)

Yes I realize that but compared to our (2hrs north of Toronto ON) winter weather St Augustine is balmy! We travelled from Ft Lauderdale to St Augustine on a past vacation & it was a huge difference in temps. I'd still rather have a 50F day than a -10F + snow day.

DH still wants to investigate even further south (Belize?) locations for a winter home but for now we at least have something, other than our dinky travel trailer, to spend a few months in out of the snow.
~Diane